“Hilton Oceanfront Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Hilton Oceanfront Hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a lovely hotel right on the ocean. Pool and hot tub are great. Rooms were quiet. Breakfast is over-priced. Plenty of free parking. The staff is very friendly and helpful if needed. Rooms were decorated nicely. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

4 Thank RemusJ
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear RemusJ,

Thank you for your dedication to our brand as a Hilton Honors member. I was glad to see that you found our staff to be friendly & helpful and that you enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and your guest room. I am sorry that you found our breakfast menu to be over priced. We offer an array of continental and hot items as well as an extensive breakfast buffet. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

john.depiro@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Travelers Rest, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The company I work for is located in Palm. Bay, FL. I feel so lucky that The Hilton Melbourne Beach is just a quick 8-10 minute drive away! As a "frequent guest", the staff at this property always make me feel like a valued customer. From the time I am warmly greeted by the front desk staff until the day I check out, my stay is always comfortable. The staff in the restaurant knows my "favorites", they appear without my even having to ask! The hotel provides refreshing citrus water in the lobby for all their guests...and on a warm Florida day, it's truly a treat! The rooms are clean, comfortable and I have never had a bad view! The beach is directly in front of the hotel, so long beach walks are a must! I've witnessed some of the most stunning sunrises from the balcony of my room! Whether you are traveling to The Space Coast for work or vacation, The Hilton Melbourne Beach is a GREAT choice!

Room Tip: The Hilton has two towers...both have rooms with great views!
3 Thank Bonnie L
Dear Bonnie L,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your work and play getaway. You are a valued customer. We appreciate the fine comments regarding our teams in the restaurant and at the front desk. I was elated to learn that our team knows your favorite menu items without even asking for them. Thank you for also plugging the cleanliness & comfort of our guest rooms along with our dazzling ocean views. We are honored to be your “Home away from home!”

Warmest Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My second time staying here in a about six weeks. What I like about this place is that it has a beach vibe. I feel like I'm down at a Caribbean resort, rather than a corporate Hilton. I've stayed on both sides of the hotel and had an ocean front view both times. The pool and hot tub are really nice and open late. There is also a Tiki bar out by the pool overlooking the beach.

for the price, it's a great stay. The staff in the main restaurant in the morning is superb and on top of every person that visits them.

I do have a couple dis-likes. Some of the wait staff in the bars leave a bit to be desired. One person in particular irked me on both trips. My first time there, I let him know I was not happy with him, my second time there I think he remembered my face as he made me wait nearly 40 minutes just to take my order for one drink, while he meandered all over helping other people and doing chores away from the bar AFTER I had mentioned to him what I wanted. I only stayed because my work group of people were there. He also could not deliver a split bill as requested by most of us, and got frustrated when we questioned the large single bill.

Secondly, though my room was very nice last trip, on the top floor overlooking the beach and pool area, it took me two nights of restless sleep to realize I was next to the elevator shaft which runs every 30 seconds all night long. If you get these rooms, my recommendation is to relocate - it will keep you up.

All in all, I wont' rate a place poorly due to one or two staff. Most of the staff is very good and the front desk folks are as nice as can be, always saying hello when the elevator doors open. The beach vibe is where it's at and I look forward to the next stay. I may just wander to a different bar though if one or two folks in particular are working.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator shaft. It will keep you up!
2 Thank Kozanno
Dear Kozanno,

Thank you for returning to the Hilton Melbourne Beach. I am very glad that you feel a Caribbean-like beach vibe here in Melbourne Beach. Our city prides itself on tranquility and Melbourne Beach can definitely be an escape from the potential stresses of everyday life. Our morning team in the restaurant has continuity and they work extremely well together. The Front Desk team prides itself on service delivery and I'm very glad that their desire to serve was evident. I would like to apologize for the lack of service provided by a single bartender. Please feel free to reach out to me on this matter. I have provided my email address below. I can also be reached @ (321) 421-1640. I would also like to apologize for the elevator noise. Please contact me directly prior to your next visit, so I can personally assure that we provide you with a spectacular room. Thank you for your loyalty and candid feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Safe Travels,

linlithgow
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It is a couple of years since my last visit , but if anything the hotel is now better . The repairs that were ongoing last time have been completed . I splashed out the extra on a suite which had glorious views over the atlantic , a small enclosed dining area and a juliette balcony . The A/c was a tad noisy . All the staff were friendly and willing to assist any way they could and a word of thanks to the bell captain/driver who ran us to local restaurants that we previously would have walked to. (it was too hot this time !). He also recommended the ice cream parlour in the local Friendlys restaurant (which was very good) . The only drawback this time was it was much busier at weekends than our previous visit ( which was off season) and there was a shortage of loungers poolside . However who needs a pool with the atlantic just a few feet away........

Room Tip: Its worth the extra for the suite
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LinlithgowTravelscot
Dear LinlithgowTravelscot,

Thank you for your repeat business. Our team works extremely hard to make the property better each and every day. I was very pleased that our staff was ready to assist. Richie our AM Driver, is really a great ambassador to our community and he's always willing to go the extra mile. The views from the dinette area of our suites feels like they actually hover over the ocean. We recently added 18 lounge chairs to our pool area. I will take another look at our inventory. I would like to apologize that you felt that your AC was loud. Thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to your return.

Safe Travels,

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A great property, all rooms have ocean views. The old, north, tower is fine, the south tower is newer and finer. rooms are comfortable, the desk staff are professional (Compliments to Gina), the pool bar ROCKS, thanks to Jen, Rick and Carla.

2 Thank BigJay52
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear BigJay52,

It is very flattering to receive a 5-star review from a senior contributor on Trip Advisor. Thank you for sharing your experience. Our North tower just received a pretty extensive renovation and our South tower is the newest full service hotel building in Brevard County. Jen, Rick, and Carla are phenomenal at what they do. Gina is a new front desk team member who came to us with a wealth of Hilton experience. Thank you for recognizing all of the team members that you made mention of. Each associate will all really appreciate your comments. We deeply value your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

st louis, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great location on the beach. Beautiful view from our room. Just what we needed to start and end our day. Staff is super friendly. They gave us bottles of water every morning to take with us for the day. A really nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Tali M
Dear Tali M,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Melbourne Beach. We are delighted to be your “Perfect place!” I was very happy to see that you found our staff to be super friendly and that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your room. Thank you for being a Hilton Honors member. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

cocoa, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Staff is fun and helpful, the Hotel is clean and fresh. Lots of things to do, The pool is bis and clean. The beach is right there, within foot steps your on the beach. The beach is big and well groomed, offering lounge chairs and umbrellas, towels. Its very close to shopping, within walking distance if you like to walk, close to the pier for fishing or dining. You can clearly see a Launch from Kennedy space center. The inter coastal waterway is right there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Robert S
Dear Robert S,

Thank you for the 5 star review and for recognizing both the friendliness of our team and the cleanliness of the hotel. The beach is definitely well groomed & tidy and the hotel is literally located directly adjacent to the beach. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

john.depiro@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!