“Perfection!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last week, my friend and I stayed for two nights at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. The hotel was lovely and the staff was helpful with even the smallest request. The beach and pool areas were beautiful, and the staff at the pool-side bar were most accommodating and friendly. Our room could not have been nicer, and our request for an extra luggage rack and towels was promptly addressed.. Our 10th floor, ocean-front room offered an amazing view of the ocean.

Our check-out experience was especially good because of the help of the bellman who helped us with our bags. Michael, I think was his name, was on duty on Saturday morning, July 12. Since were were picking up my friend's son from college that morning, and we had to somehow accommodate our luggage as well as his things, strategic packing was a must. Michael deftly packed our bags to make room for the rest of things we had to pack. His packing skills helped immensely as we loaded the other things into the car later. Michael took the time to think about how to help us with our later task instead of simply placing our luggage in the car and walking away. He showed true professionalism and demonstrated the level of service that we encountered throughout the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs accommodations in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Upper floor, ocean-front rooms offer excellent views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Kim C
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Kim C,

Perfection? WOW! Thank you for the astounding 5-star +++ review. The 10th floor in the North tower has views that are quite surreal. It almost looks as if the hotel is not in front of but directly over the ocean due to the tower's proximity. I think the Bellman you were referring to is Sabino. I will certainly pass along your most complimentary comments. I was most pleased that you felt that our team was helpful with even the smallest request to include the details of your Housekeeping cleaning service. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.

At your service,

john.depiro@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Two weeks prior I stayed here in the older tower. In the newer tower, not so good. In comparison, the other had a nice couch, and the view was awesome. This room was not as nice, not a view (only of the parking lot). One other thing I will mention is parking is a premium, and quite tight fit. I did not feel as though this would become my main stay when I am traveling back and forth. The second time around wasn't as nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kym D
Dear Andrew J,

Thank you for your repeat business. The North tower was recently renovated this year. The South tower is a 5-year-old building with many modern comforts, to include larger balconies. Each building offers something special. I am sorry that you had trouble parking. This is generally not an issue. Perhaps you were here during a large social event. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will consider returning in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any special requests at my contact info below.

Regards,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the Hilton recently and truly enjoyed our stay. Hotel is on a quiet part of the beach and the facility was clean and comfortable.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Our room had a side view of the ocean, but was adequate for us.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Obviously you are at the beach so try to get something with a nice view. Event the side rooms are n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Andrew J
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Andrew J,

Thank you for your feedback. I was quite pleased that you felt that our staff was helpful and accommodating and that you found our hotel to be clean & comfortable. Our mission is to achieve all of the aforementioned observations and ultimately exceed your expectations. We are 100% committed to your satisfaction and will always be at your service. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location with easy access to Melbourne via Eau Gallie Causeway for business and ocean views and beach access for after work. The rooms are updated and the service was good.

The restaurant is good and the staff is friendly.

Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Gary G
Dear Gary G,

Thank you for the spectacular 5-star review! I was elated that you found our team to be friendly in the Ocean Grille and that you enjoyed our updated guest rooms. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

With Hospitality,

Blandon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had an oceanfront room over looking the beach and pool. The rooms could use some updating the furniture does show wear. The front desk was very nice and helpful. There was a convention going on and it was full but very quiet which amazed me. I would stay her again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hougher
Dear hougher,

Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Melbourne Beach on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see that you felt that our Front Desk team was very nice & helpful. I was also pleased that you enjoyed the view from your guest room. If you could provide me with your room number (contact info below), I would certainly appreciate that. We just renovated 120 of our guest rooms. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

At your service,

Port Leyden
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Staff was friendly, helpful and always pleasant to deal with. The only problem was I paid for and ocean view room and could only see the top of the restaurant!! Don't accept room 202-208 for full price. I was moved to be in same tower as other wedding people, shouldn't have said yes or should have asked more questions!! Tried to move, but no dice.

Room Tip: See hint at beginning of review
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank snowyelaine
Dear snowyelaine,

Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Melbourne Beach. Our property is definitely an optimal location to get married. We have a waterfront dining/meeting venue, a beautiful pool and outdoor tent area and of course that amazing (but quaint and peaceful) view of the Atlantic Ocean. I was pleased to see that you felt that our team was friendly & helpful. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your guest room view. Please contact me directly in the future so that I can help pick out a fantastic room for your next visit. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I were thinking about how to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and immediately remembered that we'd stayed at the Hilton on our wedding night 5 years prior. Wanting to somewhat recreate the experience we decided to have a relaxing weekend getaway there. I started off booking our vacation via the Hilton website. They had a Notes section which seemed as though it was for the hotel staff to read any pertinent information you need them to know. I took the opportunity to type in a note about it being our 5 year anniversary and that we were very excited to return. I was not expecting to receive any perks whatsoever BUT, I thought it would have been nice of the front desk staff to say, "Happy anniversary!" when we arrived. I thought my husband would like that. While on the website I also filled out a section that said I could add another person to the room so that they could check in as well. I put in my husband's name and confirmed. Now, having a bad knee injury, when we arrived to the hotel I sent my husband in to check in so that once he found out where our room was he could drive me to the nearest entrance to reduce my walking distance. He came back out to the car and said, "They won't allow me to check in. They said you have to come in." I did walk in and I inquired as to why my husband's name was not on my account. The manager told me she did not have his name anywhere in her system and if she had she would have allowed him to check in. The part I don't understand is why there is even an option on the HOTEL'S WEBSITE to add a guest if that information is not going to be shared with the hotel staff. Also, the staff did not mention our anniversary whatsoever. Later in our stay my husband would ask why they knew nothing about it being our anniversary and the same manager (a female with brown hair, unfortunately we did not get her name) said, again, she did not have that information in front of her and for some reason it did not come through. Again I do not understand why the Notes section is on the HOTEL'S WEBSITE if that information is not shared with the staff. Thankfully my particular notes were not a medical issue or something else of more importance! Cut to us getting to our room. The room was fine. No problems with the appearance or cleanliness. It did not have a microwave, which we found odd. We had planned to mostly stay in the room and/or at least at the hotel and totally relax. Part of that plan included ordering some movies. We first ordered Divergent. It began to skip, pause for long periods of time and pixelate so much that we were not able to watch the movie. We called the front desk and they told us to try to fast forward it all the way to the end so it looked as though we watched it and that they would then cancel it and we could try again. The only problem with that was that the remote only allows you to fast forward at most about 90 seconds at a time. Needless to say, that did not work. We called back and they said they could not cancel the movie unless we could fast forward it. By this time they sounded mildly annoyed with us. The employee who was speaking to my husband said, "The only thing I can do for you is to send the engineer up but, to be honest with you, that's probably not going to help..." In my opinion this is horrible customer service! Shouldn't the front desk staff want to help us with our issue? She did not seem to want to resolve it. We asked what they could do for us since we really wanted to be able to watch movies during our stay. She did not seem to have an answer. She said all she could do was offer the engineer (who probably wasn't going to help). Later on we decided to try another movie just in case. We ordered Heaven is For Real and even though we had the exact same issues which made the movie very hard to watch, we were determined to get through it, so we did. We probably actually saw about 85% of the movie with all the parts we had to fast forward through so the screen would not be stuck. At this point my husband called down again to tell them what happened. Basically he was told the same thing, "There's not much we can do." They did take off the charges for both movies. I appreciate that but, the problem remained that we still had two more nights at the hotel and we wanted to be able to order movies. I can think of many things they COULD have offered us, which made it hard believe when they kept saying there was nothing else they could do. How about offering to switch our tv or change our room? The front desk staff was extremely unmotivated to help us and, in fact, seemed more and more annoyed with each of our calls. I decided to send my husband down to voice each of our concerns and disappointments to the manager. He did and the same woman who checked us in told him pretty much the same thing the front desk staff had been saying, "I'm sorry but there's not much we can do. We can send the engineer up but that probably will not help." Being told more than once that something is not going to solve your problem can really make someone believe it's not worth it! Especially since we were supposed to be on vacation and no one wants a stranger in theIr hotel room working on the television. So, we got NO WHERE with anyone who works at the hotel and just had to realize we were not going to be able to order movies during our stay. The main point here is that both my husband and I feel as though the staff at the Melbourne Beach Hilton did not seem very helpful whatsoever which made our stay there somewhat uncomfortable. We just ended up feeling frustrated at their lack of assistance instead of being able to relax. Also, there was no room service menu in the room. We were mildly annoyed with the promise of an ocean view. The last time we stayed there we got a suite which had a full ocean view so that's what we expected. This time we got a king bed room and it was definitely a partial ocean view, not full. When it was time to check out I called down and asked if I could possibly check out over the phone. The girl who answered said, "Ummmm, it would probably be easier if you just came down." I have checked out over the phone at various other hotels. Also, they add an extra $30 to the hold they place on your debit card PER NIGHT and did not mention this to me once. Again, we had to call down and inquire after checking our bank account and seeing there was a hold on it that was $90 over what it was supposed to be. I understand the reason for the charge (and it is removed once you check out), I just don't understand why they don't explain it to their guests ahead of time. Overall, the area around the hotel is nice and we had some fabulous meals. But, I was not happy whatsoever with the service and we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want a full ocean view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsea P
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Chelsea P,

Happy anniversary! Thank you for your repeat business. I would like to apologize for some of the issues that transpired during your stay. We did have a major power outage several days prior to your check-in that must have had an adverse affect on our pay movie system. This system is operated by a third party and is used as an amenity in many major hotel brands. Movies are generally not much of a profit center for us anymore; as a lot of hotels have chosen to remove their pay-per-view movie systems. We kept our system in place as an amenity. I do not believe that we charged you for any impaired or unwatched movies. I would also like to apologize that your husband was not on the reservation that you booked on-line. Unfortunately, we cannot give out a key to anyone that is not on the reservation (even with the same last name) unless they are added at check-in or if we have written consent. I am sorry that you felt that our Front Desk Manager was not sympathetic and that our debit policy was not explained to you. All hotel chains are set up to approve additional monies for incidentals per day (similar to a car rental hold). Generally your bank automatically removes these holds 3-5 days after checkout. Again, we should have explained this policy to you. On a positive note I was pleased that you were happy with the hotel’s cleanliness. I also noticed that you didn’t care for your view. You did receive the deluxe king view room that was reserved. If you would like to return in the future, I can make certain that you receive the perfect room for your next anniversary. Again, I am sorry for the troubles. We appreciate your candor and business.

Kindest Regards,

john.depiro@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!