“Wonderful Place for a Weekend Getaway”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Wonderful Place for a Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm a little late in posting this review. My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship and we often look for different "locations" to meet up or travel to together. We randomly picked Melbourne for a meet up in early June. He made all of the arrangements and booked a junior suite with a king. He asked to be on one of the upper floors so we had nice views. We were NOT disappointed!! We had a lovely room, very clean and very, very comfortable. It was at the end of the hall; so basically right on the corner and the views were AMAZING!! All of the staff were wonderful...special shout out to our bartender, Jennifer! She was awesome...and is someone who truly knows the meaning of "customer service". We had a wonderful weekend together...and speaking as part of a couple who truly tries to enjoy the time we had together, bad stays can make or break some of our outings!! We already have talked about coming back again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor with a ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jerseygirl904
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Jerseygirl904,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Melbourne Beach as your weekend get-away. Jenn at our Pool Bar (Atlantic Blue) is amazing. She consistently provides elite service. I was thrilled to learn that you felt that our entire team was wonderful. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back on your next get-away.

Safe Travels,

john.depiro@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I visited this hotel many times with my husband, sister, and brother-in-law. I always find the rooms are extremely clean, nice size, and very friendly staff. The pool area is slightly small for a hotel of this size, but access to the beach is a few steps away. The pool area has some chairs and umbrellas to sit. There is a bar by the pool and live music on Saturday night (I believe they stop at 10 pm). There is free coffee in the morning and they do have a restaurant on the property. There are plenty of restaurants right around the area either walking or driving. I would definitely recommend staying here for a couple of days and enjoy the beach, pool and hotel.

8 Thank Linda M
Dear Linda M,

Thank you for the generous 5-star review. I was very pleased to see that you felt that our team was very friendly and that our rooms have been extremely clean. Our property is just steps away from the beach and we do offer liver music at the pool through the Labor Day Holiday. Thank you for your repeat business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

oswego, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The entire staff at the Melbourne Hilton were extremely helpful and friendly. Hilton does it right in training their employees to deal with all types of people. If ever in the area again would stay at this establishment. Recommend for anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

8 Thank 3333_7
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear 3333_7,

Thank you for the incredible 5-star review. Our team does participate in very regimented training sessions through Hilton University and other brand initiatives. It sounds like our team's training is paying off. Thank you for the recognition. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

Marion, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was there for a two week period and I’m glad I picked this hotel. I had an oceanfront room with a walk out balcony overlooking the beach and pool. I was located in Tower two which had been updated with a king size bed with numerous pillows. The front desk was very nice and helpful. My housekeeper did little things around my room that made it nice to come in from a hard day at work. Parking was great, never had to walk far from the front door. I had to be to work before they opened the restaurant but I would stop down and the staff had a to go box and drink waiting for me. Nice touch! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for tower two with a walk out Balcony starting at 4th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank Mark D
Dear Mark D,

Not enough stars? NICE! Thank you for the remarkable 5-star review. We are glad that you picked our hotel too. I was quite pleased that you had a great view of both the beach & pool area, found ample parking with easy access, and that you enjoyed your updated guest room and new pillows. I was thrilled to learn that our Housekeeping and Front Desk teams provided excellent service throughout your stay. Thank you for pointing out the "nice touch" presented by our Front Desk team. I will pass along your very kind feedback. On behalf of our team, we appreciate your two-week stay and understand that you have many choices when visiting our area. We look forward to welcoming you back for either business or pleasure in the future.

Safe Travels,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last week, my friend and I stayed for two nights at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. The hotel was lovely and the staff was helpful with even the smallest request. The beach and pool areas were beautiful, and the staff at the pool-side bar were most accommodating and friendly. Our room could not have been nicer, and our request for an extra luggage rack and towels was promptly addressed.. Our 10th floor, ocean-front room offered an amazing view of the ocean.

Our check-out experience was especially good because of the help of the bellman who helped us with our bags. Michael, I think was his name, was on duty on Saturday morning, July 12. Since were were picking up my friend's son from college that morning, and we had to somehow accommodate our luggage as well as his things, strategic packing was a must. Michael deftly packed our bags to make room for the rest of things we had to pack. His packing skills helped immensely as we loaded the other things into the car later. Michael took the time to think about how to help us with our later task instead of simply placing our luggage in the car and walking away. He showed true professionalism and demonstrated the level of service that we encountered throughout the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs accommodations in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Upper floor, ocean-front rooms offer excellent views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Kim C
Dear Kim C,

Perfection? WOW! Thank you for the astounding 5-star +++ review. The 10th floor in the North tower has views that are quite surreal. It almost looks as if the hotel is not in front of but directly over the ocean due to the tower's proximity. I think the Bellman you were referring to is Sabino. I will certainly pass along your most complimentary comments. I was most pleased that you felt that our team was helpful with even the smallest request to include the details of your Housekeeping cleaning service. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Two weeks prior I stayed here in the older tower. In the newer tower, not so good. In comparison, the other had a nice couch, and the view was awesome. This room was not as nice, not a view (only of the parking lot). One other thing I will mention is parking is a premium, and quite tight fit. I did not feel as though this would become my main stay when I am traveling back and forth. The second time around wasn't as nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kym D
Dear Andrew J,

Thank you for your repeat business. The North tower was recently renovated this year. The South tower is a 5-year-old building with many modern comforts, to include larger balconies. Each building offers something special. I am sorry that you had trouble parking. This is generally not an issue. Perhaps you were here during a large social event. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will consider returning in the near future. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any special requests at my contact info below.

Regards,

(321) 421-1640
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the Hilton recently and truly enjoyed our stay. Hotel is on a quiet part of the beach and the facility was clean and comfortable.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Our room had a side view of the ocean, but was adequate for us.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Obviously you are at the beach so try to get something with a nice view. Event the side rooms are n...
7 Thank Andrew J
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Andrew J,

Thank you for your feedback. I was quite pleased that you felt that our staff was helpful and accommodating and that you found our hotel to be clean & comfortable. Our mission is to achieve all of the aforementioned observations and ultimately exceed your expectations. We are 100% committed to your satisfaction and will always be at your service. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

john.depiro@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!