“nice hotel, small rooms”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roswell, New Mexico, United States
“nice hotel, small rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Overall I was pleased by the cleanliness and the style of this hotel. It is located right on the beach and you could hear the ocean. The pool area was very clean and the walk to the beach perfect. I know everyone wants to hear why not an excellent rating? Because the rooms are very small, and the breakfast was pretty expensive. It is a nice hotel, but it could be better. Overall I enjoyed my short time here. I will be back in two years for a graduation and am deciding whether this is the right place.

Room Tip: pay extra for the higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Alan G
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Alan G,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is such a pleasure to receive a review from a Top Contributor such as yourself. I was elated to learn that you felt that our hotel was clean and that you enjoyed the serene sounds of the ocean just steps away from your room! Thank you for your business. It would be our privilege to have you back during the graduation in the next couple of years.

john.depiro@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

When I go away, I feel that a great hotel is part of my vacation. I want a nice clean room, great amenities and I want to be able to completely relax. This hotel offered me everything I was looking for. Everyone was accommodating and friendly. The price was very reasonable and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area. My only complaint is that I had an oceanfront room (which I loved), but there were no chairs on the balcony. Next time, I might want the true balcony, even if it's just an oceanview room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Gail F
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Gail F,

Thank you for the exceptional 5-star review. I was thrilled that we were able to provide the service, amenities, and the right price (all which made your stay quite relaxing). I was also pleased that you felt that the hotel was clean and most importantly; that all of our team members were friendly & accommodating. Thank you for your recommendation. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I visited Indialantic with the hope of deciding to move to the Island. The hotel was great especially the Rain Forest shower. The room was cleaned early in the morning when we went out so we never had to return to an unkept room. Great view, great Tiki Bar. Private access to the beach. As I was there in July it was very quiet at night. Views leave you speechless of the ocean and Melbourne. Great value for the money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

5 Thank annjilly
Dear annjilly,

“Views are Speechless!” Thank you for your most flattering comments and for choosing the Hilton Melbourne Beach. I was very pleased that Housekeeping serviced your room in a timely fashion and that you enjoyed our tiki bar, Atlantic Blue. Please come back and visit us at your earliest convenience either as a savvy traveler or as Indialantic Beaches’ newest resident.

Congratulations & Safe Travels,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a wonderful time on our recent stay. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, they definitely went above and beyond! We had a small problem with our rental car and without us even asking they stepped up and took care of the problem. Rooms are very nice, we had an oceanfront on the 6th floor with an awesome view. The food was delicious and drinks at the tiki bar were great. We are looking forward to our next visit!

5 Thank Patty G
Dear Patty G,

Thank you for the terrific 5-star review. I was very pleased that you found our staff to be helpful, our food & drinks to be great, and the view from your room to be awesome. Thank you for your business. We too, look forward to your next visit!

Safe Travels,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Don't get a room on the 2nd floor. Get upper floors on poolside. Maintenance is the major issue with this hotel (room carpet soaked because of air conditioner, sliding door wouldn't open, grounds poorly trimmed and pool area not picked up). Don't get frozen bar drinks (they don't use real ingredients, probably cheap mixers).

On the positive, room was very clean and all employees were extremely friendly.

Room Tip: South tower upper floor on corner (closest to beach) poolside would be best. South tower has a balc...
1 Thank Stephanie A
Dear Stephanie A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was very pleased that you found our entire staff to be friendly and the hotel to be very clean. The AC unit will freeze over if the balcony door is left open while the AC is on. I did notice a palm tree in need of manicuring next to your room. I am sorry about that. As far as our landscaping is concerned, we have put several thousands of dollars in landscaping into our property this year. Our landscaping company services both our Hilton and Doubletree as well as all of our competitors on Melbourne Beach. If you could provide me with further details that would be very helpful. I have forwarded your comments regarding our mixed drinks to our F&B Director. Thank you for your business. We hope that you will consider returning to the Hilton Melbourne Beach again in the future.

Kind Regards,

(321) 421-1640
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We arrived late to check in and were informed that a water pipe had burst in the tower that we were going to be in. Unfortunately we would not be able to check in. Tired...and ready for bed with a 10 year old in tow this could have spelled disaster...But Alissa and the rest of the front desk staff were on top of things already. A room had been reserved for us down the street at the Double Tree Hilton for the night and would be able to check in as soon as possible the next day. When we stopped in the next day again, Alissa was on it. Rather than chance putting us back into a tower that could have had, and already had had additional plumbing issues, we were moved and had a room within an hour. We had no issue passing the time at the pool. If not for the customer service alone, we'd be back. Clean hotel, GREAT beach views, and nice pool area. And...on a side note: We thought MUCH nicer and cleaner than the Double Tree down the road.

5 Thank Denise S
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Denise S,

Thank you for patronizing our two Hilton branded properties. I would like to apologize for having to relocate you; due to the temporary issue with the pipe break in our South tower at the Hilton. On a positive note, with adversity comes an opportunity to rise to the occasion. In this case it was our Front Desk Supervisor, Allissa. Thank you for recognizing her. We will celebrate your comments at our next associate meeting. I was also pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, enjoyed our views and pool area, and of course thought that our beach was great! Thank you for supporting both our Hilton & Doubletree Suites Hotels here in Melbourne Beach. We operate as one team and together we are here to make Melbourne Beach your #1 destination. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

Lincoln, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice clean hotel with friendly staff and great access to the beach and ocean. Breakfast in the restaurant was a good value. The rooms were very quiet and the ocean views were great. We had a great time with our stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

5 Thank Bruce S
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Bruce S,

Our access to a beautiful beachside paradise couldn't be any simpler. Thank you for the marvelous 5-star review! On behalf of our team we are delighted that you had a great time. I definitely would have to agree with you that our restaurant offers great value compared to most upscale hotels. I will pass along your positive praise to our staff in Housekeeping and the rest of the team who strive for service excellence on a daily basis. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

At your service,

john.depiro@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!