“Clean, friendly”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winter park
“Clean, friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Rooms were very nice, clean, beds soft and comfortable. Did not have full ocean view but still enjoyed the patio and ability to sit on our balcony. Good is way over priced and was nothing spectacular. I had steak and lobster for dinner. 40.00 steak was so so. Breakfast buffet is excellent but @ 16.00 seems high. The pool and beach are wonderful. Only draw back... Pool is in full sun no shade at all and there were only 4 large umbrellas. Not enough shade for children. Overall. Had a great stay and relaxing weekend.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Lvjeannette
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Lvjeannette,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was quite pleased that you had a nice time at our pool & beach. We do offer umbrellas on both the upper and lower decks. I am not certain why there was not enough equipment. I would like to apologize that you were unable to get an umbrella. We do conduct a cost analysis on all hotels within our comp set regarding food & beverage pricing multiple times per year. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider returning to the Hilton Melbourne Beach, should your travels take you back to our region.

john.depiro@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel has the best staff. From the front desk reception, to the manager on duty, to the servers--this place cannot be beat. Also, like the clean white sheets, coverlets, etc. for the beds. They are nice. Only suggestion for the housekeeping staff would be to vacuum the dust/dirt from the air conditioner vents/ceiling. Also, signs of wear--such as torn and tattered curtain liners and a chair that looks like it is from the 80's might be in need of some attention.
However, as a frequent business traveler to this hotel, these are minor inconveniences for the great location and wonderful oceanfront views.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank greatday099
Dear greatday099,

“The best staff!” Thank you for the amazing comments! We do have a great team and everyone will appreciate your post on Trip Advisor. I will also pass along your comments on the cleanliness of our sheets and coverlets, thank you. Our Housekeeping Director is assigning a vent project based on your feedback. If you could provide me with the room number, I would like to take a look at the curtains that you made mention of. Thank you for your repeat business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

My contact information is listed below.

(321) 421-1640
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been going to this hotel for several years now. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are well done and clean. Location is on the beach. The Hilton has a nice beach side bar. The pool can get crowded on weekends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank floridajan2014
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear floridajan2014,

Thank you for being a long time loyal guest of the Hilton Melbourne Beach. I was delighted after reading your post on Trip Advisor. Our team strives to deliver exceptional service and it appears that we have succeeded on a consistent basis. Our Housekeeping team is a very pride driven department and they will appreciate your feedback as well. Thank you for your extensive business. We look forward to welcoming you back over the next several years.

With Hospitality,

Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice room with a great view of ocean. My wife, daughter and I hung out on the beach a full moon night and talked for hours about her becoming a new student at U of M. Beds were great after a long trip. Beach was good to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Brent I
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Brent I,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased that you had a great time at the beach and that you enjoyed the accommodations at our delightful Hilton Hotel. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

At your service,

Burlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I spent two separate weeks here on business, and easily forgot I was working. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I opted for the king bed with a balcony (ocean view room), and was fortunate to get an upper floor with a spectacular view. The sunset between the towers was amazing. The beach is just past the pool deck, and the tiki bar pool side was nice. You'll definitely want your camera to catch the sunrise in the morning.

The lobby was open and inviting, and the hotel restaurant food and service exceeded my expectations for a hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet was great, and the Wednesday night crab leg dinner was very good.

But a hotel doesn't run without a good staff, and I found the staff to be friendly and exceptional. The one problem I had my second week (power outage knocked out the A/C to my room) was handled quickly and professionally by maintenance and the front desk. The first week, Richie (shuttle driver) went out of his way to jump start my rental car before roadside assistance could get there. The front desk staff was fantastic the entire time.

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view of the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Al M
Dear Al M,

Thank you for the very rewarding 5-star review. On behalf of our team, it was our pleasure serving you. We really appreciate all of the accolades mentioned. I was thrilled after reading your comments. “Friendly and Exceptional” says it all about our team, thank you! I was also pleased that our restaurant exceeded your expectations, that you came in and dined on Wednesday night (Crab Leg night), that you were able to enjoy our beautiful sunrise, and that you had a spectacular view of the ocean. We did have a power outage weeks ago that required us to reset several units throughout the building, sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you for your business and testimony. If I can be of service to you in the future, please contact me directly. We wish you safe travels and hope that you will return soon.

Cordially,

Tucson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Pool, gym, great restaurant, and right next to the beach. The staff are helpful and awesome! The rooms are nice, and most of them have an ocean view. The breakfast buffet has great options. There is a lot to say, but overall I just loved staying here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

6 Thank John M
Dear John M,

Thank you for the very detailed 5-star review. We loved having you here as well! I was elated that you felt that we had an awesome team and that you enjoyed all of the hotel’s amenities. The Ocean Grille Restaurant is a fantastic option with delicious food and an amazing view. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Safe Travels,

Sanford, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We typically stay at another hotel on the beach but couldn't get a room at the last minute, so we decided to try the Hilton. The lobby is very nice but I noticed walking down the hallway to our room that all the baseboards were pulling away from the wall. The room was average, partially updated but also in need of some painting and additional updating in the bathroom. They only have double beds which doesn't work great with our kid situation but we were aware of that beforehand. The front desk staff was very helpful, getting us an early check-in and a room with a great view on the ninth floor. The staff at the pool bar was also very friendly. We ordered lunch at the pool bar and the food was decent and arrived quickly. I hate to complain given how nice the staff was but there were a couple of issues. Apparently in an effort to get us an early room, the bed sheets didn't get changed and we didn't have enough towels. Housekeeping remedied the situation and again was very friendly and apologetic but at 10:30pm, with two kids who want to go to sleep, it's an inconvenience. In addition to being short on room towels they were out of pool towels both days we were there. I can understand at 2:00 in the afternoon but not at 9:30 in the morning with no one at the pool and only a couple of people on the beach. To sum up, I'd give the staff a 5 for friendliness but the place needs a little maintenance and maybe a little better organization. I'd stay there again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SMGator89
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear SMGator89,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and we will utilize it to achieve better results in the future. I was glad to see that our team was very friendly and apologetic. I was disappointed that you had a challenge with Housekeeping service and getting pool towels on your way to the beach. We are in the process of replacing baseboards in the south tower due to recent humidity. If I can be of service to you in the future, please call or email me directly at my contact information below. Thank you for your business. Should your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area, we hope that you will consider giving us a second chance.

With Hospitality,

(321) 421-1640
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!