“Hilton Melbourne Beach is Awesome!”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were at the Hilton Melbourne Beach for a wedding. Never being in this area I must say the hotel was very nice and the staff was helpful. All rooms over look the beach which was very pretty. We had storms and watching from the room was very entertaining. The pool was very enjoyable and we spent most of our time during the day and evening there. Loved being able to walk right out on the beach. The sea turtles were an added surprise and fun.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Donna H
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Donna H,

Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Member. We appreciate your business. I was excited that you were able to encounter the sea turtles during your stay. What a phenomenal experience! The pool and beach areas are very relaxing and entertaining. Thank you for your feedback. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

At your service,

john.depiro@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Rooms were very nice, clean, beds soft and comfortable. Did not have full ocean view but still enjoyed the patio and ability to sit on our balcony. Good is way over priced and was nothing spectacular. I had steak and lobster for dinner. 40.00 steak was so so. Breakfast buffet is excellent but @ 16.00 seems high. The pool and beach are wonderful. Only draw back... Pool is in full sun no shade at all and there were only 4 large umbrellas. Not enough shade for children. Overall. Had a great stay and relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Lvjeannette

Dear Lvjeannette,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was quite pleased that you had a nice time at our pool & beach. We do offer umbrellas on both the upper and lower decks. I am not certain why there was not enough equipment. I would like to apologize that you were unable to get an umbrella. We do conduct a cost analysis on all hotels within our comp set regarding food & beverage pricing multiple times per year. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider returning to the Hilton Melbourne Beach, should your travels take you back to our region.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel has the best staff. From the front desk reception, to the manager on duty, to the servers--this place cannot be beat. Also, like the clean white sheets, coverlets, etc. for the beds. They are nice. Only suggestion for the housekeeping staff would be to vacuum the dust/dirt from the air conditioner vents/ceiling. Also, signs of wear--such as torn and tattered curtain liners and a chair that looks like it is from the 80's might be in need of some attention.
However, as a frequent business traveler to this hotel, these are minor inconveniences for the great location and wonderful oceanfront views.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank greatday099

Dear greatday099,

“The best staff!” Thank you for the amazing comments! We do have a great team and everyone will appreciate your post on Trip Advisor. I will also pass along your comments on the cleanliness of our sheets and coverlets, thank you. Our Housekeeping Director is assigning a vent project based on your feedback. If you could provide me with the room number, I would like to take a look at the curtains that you made mention of. Thank you for your repeat business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

My contact information is listed below.

(321) 421-1640

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been going to this hotel for several years now. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are well done and clean. Location is on the beach. The Hilton has a nice beach side bar. The pool can get crowded on weekends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank floridajan2014
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear floridajan2014,

Thank you for being a long time loyal guest of the Hilton Melbourne Beach. I was delighted after reading your post on Trip Advisor. Our team strives to deliver exceptional service and it appears that we have succeeded on a consistent basis. Our Housekeeping team is a very pride driven department and they will appreciate your feedback as well. Thank you for your extensive business. We look forward to welcoming you back over the next several years.

With Hospitality,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice room with a great view of ocean. My wife, daughter and I hung out on the beach a full moon night and talked for hours about her becoming a new student at U of M. Beds were great after a long trip. Beach was good to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Brent I
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Brent I,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased that you had a great time at the beach and that you enjoyed the accommodations at our delightful Hilton Hotel. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

At your service,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I spent two separate weeks here on business, and easily forgot I was working. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I opted for the king bed with a balcony (ocean view room), and was fortunate to get an upper floor with a spectacular view. The sunset between the towers was amazing. The beach is just past the pool deck, and the tiki bar pool side was nice. You'll definitely want your camera to catch the sunrise in the morning.

The lobby was open and inviting, and the hotel restaurant food and service exceeded my expectations for a hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet was great, and the Wednesday night crab leg dinner was very good.

But a hotel doesn't run without a good staff, and I found the staff to be friendly and exceptional. The one problem I had my second week (power outage knocked out the A/C to my room) was handled quickly and professionally by maintenance and the front desk. The first week, Richie (shuttle driver) went out of his way to jump start my rental car before roadside assistance could get there. The front desk staff was fantastic the entire time.

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view of the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Al M

Dear Al M,

Thank you for the very rewarding 5-star review. On behalf of our team, it was our pleasure serving you. We really appreciate all of the accolades mentioned. I was thrilled after reading your comments. “Friendly and Exceptional” says it all about our team, thank you! I was also pleased that our restaurant exceeded your expectations, that you came in and dined on Wednesday night (Crab Leg night), that you were able to enjoy our beautiful sunrise, and that you had a spectacular view of the ocean. We did have a power outage weeks ago that required us to reset several units throughout the building, sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you for your business and testimony. If I can be of service to you in the future, please contact me directly. We wish you safe travels and hope that you will return soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Pool, gym, great restaurant, and right next to the beach. The staff are helpful and awesome! The rooms are nice, and most of them have an ocean view. The breakfast buffet has great options. There is a lot to say, but overall I just loved staying here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
6  Thank John M

Dear John M,

Thank you for the very detailed 5-star review. We loved having you here as well! I was elated that you felt that we had an awesome team and that you enjoyed all of the hotel’s amenities. The Ocean Grille Restaurant is a fantastic option with delicious food and an amazing view. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Safe Travels,

john.depiro@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!