“Holiday Inn in Melbourne FL”

Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Cincinnnati, OH
“Holiday Inn in Melbourne FL”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

On the positive side, the room was comfortable, and the beds were heavenly. The check in staff were great, although the night clerk was asleep at the desk when we checked out at 5am. On the other hand the restaurant was a horror at breakfast. The food was good but we had terrible service. With 2 waitresses working a crowd of women food judges in for Melbourne for training, it was a rough experience. One of the waitresses told my mother in law "gimme a break I'm new". So we decided we were better off at McDonald's or Bob Evans across the street. The carpets were worn and my mother in law said that when she moved a chair to find a shoe, the space under the chair was filthy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear 328JuliaWhite,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is pleasing to know that you like our comfortable room accommodations. I am sorry that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the level of service received from our hotel staff and condition of the carpet not fully living up to expectations. We take all reviews positive or negative very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again, many thanks for posting your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed there on March 3 and 4. It wasn't bad for the money. I found it to be relatively clean and the staff was pleasant. My major complaint was that my room was directly opposite the soda and ice machines. I was awaken at 5:30 in the morning by what sounded like ice crashing down. Maybe the ice machine was being refilled, I don't know. The previous evening it was all about soda cans dropping down. The maids in the hall were also pretty loud. At check-out I mentioned it to Nadini, who was very pleasant, and she said I would be contacted by the manager, Mr. Patel. I never heard from him. Anyway, I wouldn't advise against staying there, if the neighborhood is convenient for you, but I would request a quiet room.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank scott c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear scott c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and nice, facility was well maintained, grounds were appealing, staff was very helpful & friendly. Very close to Nationals Spring Training camp. Walking in neighborhood nearby was wonderful. Dining available in house or convenient walking to or driving close by. Would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed March 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This is a three star hotel but it lacks one of the most important three star amenities, there's no free breakfast! The furniture in the rooms is also tired and the carpets are pretty bad. The air conditioner in my room was also really loud, which made it nearly impossible to sleep. The equipment in the gym is sub-par. The computers in the lobby were also not able to print, a big minus for my business trip. On the plus side the staff is really friendly, and the property is very close to a lot of restaurants and retail shops like Target, Walmart, and Petco.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Liz T,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. It is good that our location worked for your needs and you found our staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies for the condition of the room that negatively affected your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.
Toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel is ok but is in need for a makeover. Our room was dark, there are not enough electrical outlets for today's travellers. The air conditioner makes so much noise when it's running we couldn't use it a night when we wanted to sleep. In the corners where the carpets met the walls the dust is a bout 1/2" thick. I had to pull out a night table to get access to an electrical outlet and the dust on the floor behind the table was disgusting. The pull for the shower is almost seized completely and to use the shower I had to pull with a lot of force to turn the shower on. The hotel does not have express checkout so when I wanted to checkout before breakfast, so i could leave quickly after eating, the front desk would not allow us, saying if we checked out we could not get back in our room.
The breakfast area is so poorly lit in the morning it feels like I am eating in a cave. Breakfast is only served starting at 6:30 am. I need a 6 am breakfast so I can be on the road at 6:30 am
The whole place looks tired on the inside. The location is great right beside the I-95 highway.
By comparison the Hoiliday Inn in Titusville 20 miles north of here is the exact opposite providing a wonderful stay with none of the above negatives. If you need to stay in the Viera area I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Normu,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our location commendable. However, it sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the room accommodations, amenities and cleanliness of the area. We highly value your views and feedback, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you give our hotel another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I visited the Viera area the week of Feb 17, 2013, and stayed at the Holiday Inn Conference Ctr, Melbourne, FL. Staff was efficient from check-in throughout my stay. Rates are fantastic if you go before spring break begins. Luckily, I was in and out just before the Daytona 500. The hotel restaurant has a great menu and excellent prices, too. Many other eateries are within walking distance. Above all, I loved the cleanliness! My room was immaculate and properly attended to each day. The location right off I-95 is perfect. This hotel isn't new but is well maintained. I'd say you can't go wrong.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
pa
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stopped here on the way to a cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. Driving from SC and wanted to stop somewhere north of Ft. Lauderdale to break the trip up. This hotel was a nice place to stop. Right off 95 in a nice area. You can walk to restaurants. Full restaurant and bar in hotel. Very clean. Helpful employees. A bargain for $50 on Priceline. Coffee in lobby in morning but no breakfast. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends