“Not so much.”

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Tallahassee, Florida
“Not so much.”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

It's hard to believe I stayed at the same place when reading the other reviews.
On arrival, it had been raining and the entrance smelled like a litter box. The room was average.
The in room coffee pot didn't work. Can't recall anything about a breakfast at the hotel.
It was convenient to shopping. It was very okay for what it was, a place to stay for a night but I wouldn't want to stay for more than one night.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Bottleorcan,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
DeLand
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I travel to visit our daughter and family in Viera frequently. We generally stay at the Hampton Inn right off I95. Not only is it convenient, but is a very clean well kept hotel. Hamptons like Hiltons have a consistently high standard level. We also enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast. We decide to try the Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center to see what it was like. The price charged was equivalent to the Hampton. The building is rather dated but they claim it has been recently remodeled. The lobby looks pretty nice and they have a bar and small restaurant. That was the good part.

The room had somewhat dated and worn furniture. The closet was an open type. Plastic glasses complimented a mini ice bucket which did not fit well at the ice machine dispenser and did not hold much ice. The coffee machine was budget quality. There was complimentary internet but quite slow. The television had no high definition channels. This did not present as a $100 plus room by any means.

Our stay ended the next morning with my breakfast request card hung on the door the night before way ahead of the deadline, still hanging when I looked inn the hall to see when my breakfast might be arriving. The very pleasant desk clerk seemed very sorry that it had happened, but offered no compensation. Maybe offering a complimentary breakfast for my next visit might have been nice.

There will not be any more visits!

Stay at the Hampton across the street. It is much better.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear csorens,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the in room amenities prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was originally booked at another location. Erin, called from this location, explained the other hotel was booked and they had moved me here.
I was on businee so it didn't matter. She was there when I checked in, very friendly, again apologized for the mistake.
very nice room, good location.
Service at breakfast was great. I think I made out well finding this location

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Outstanding service at this hotel. The staff was very helpful, courteous, and professional. The location is great - very close to the Brevard Zoo (which I highly recommend), medical facilities, shopping, and restaurants. The rooms were clean and fresh, the Internet worked great, As a solo traveler, I felt safe and comfortable here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was there to help care for my dad in who is in a rehabilitation facility near by. Best service, clean, friendly , great restaurant, overall good experience. The staff was very accommodating , a couple of little things like ice machine on 5th floor is either broken or always empty but other than that, the staff was awesome, I was traveling solo so their personal attention and greeting me by my first name made me feel comfortable, Ryan in the restaurant was awesome!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room was lovely. It was clean, the beds were new and comfortable and the furniture looked new too. The night staff was wonderful, especially considering they had to work on NYE. Joe worked the morning shift at the front desk. He's the only detraction. I don't think staff should eat at their post. If they must, then use a napkin to wipe the food from your face and don't talk with your mouth full. He also didn't seem to notice my husband handing him cash and proceeded to charge our card. Otherwise our stay was perfect. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

The level of service at this property make it a fantastic stay stay!!
Checking in with Erin was outstanding, she was very upbeat, happy and willing to accommodate my request to put me in a room away from the interstate side of hotel and elevators.
The staff in the restaurant were equally upbeat, especially Renee in the lounge and Mary in the dining room. The food was great!

The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is that the rooms need a little TLC. The carpets need to be cleaned or replaced and a little update on the paint is in order. The bed was a little too firm and the pillows were a little to big and unforgiving.

Overall, the stay was well above average due to the excellent service especially due to Erin and Renee!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera
Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera
Candlewood Suites Melbourne
Candlewood Suites Melbourne
#16 of 21 in Melbourne
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Been to Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center? Share your experiences!