“Okay with a discount” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Orlando, Florida
“Okay with a discount”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This Holiday Inn property could use some renovation or better maintenance. The room was unusually damp, no fridge, no microwave, the bath tub plug didn’t work, and the room door didn’t close automatically - had to yank it closed. On the positive side, the WiFI worked well and there’s a Chick-Fil-A right next to the Hotel. Overall, I would only stay at this property with a large discount and not in the summer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Erin V, Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear markbyrn24,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I really appreciate your feedback as it is the best way for us to improve. It is very important that our guests are satisfied while they stay with us and you mentioned some very important issues that we have addressed since. We have worked on our AC units to help reduce the humidity as well as the bathtub plumbing in all guest rooms. I hope you will consider us in the future and we can work on that discount for you :)
Thank you again for your review!

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last minute - lobby is clean. Front desk staff are helpful and friendly. Room was clean but had a little of that "Musty" smell you get in Older Florida hotels. Furniture was older and a little worn. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The breakfast was mediocre at best.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Erin V, Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Jack50,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us. Being an older property does pose some challenges for us but we appreciate your understanding. We recently have undergone renovations throughout the property that have updated some of the concerns you mentioned. I apologize that you didn't fully enjoy your breakfast. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future so we can provide you with a better restaurant experience. We strive to provide the best customer service and I'm pleased you enjoyed your experience with our Front Desk Staff.
We look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I had a great experience here at this hotel. The lady Jessica at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay here again when given the opportunity. The rooms were clean and tidy. And the beds are very comfortable. I also like how the pillows are labeled soft and firm for personal convenience. Overall this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a recent weekend trip to Melbourne. Not at the beach but not that far out to the beaches. We did go for a day at the beach, which was not hard to get to at all from this I-95 location. But it was directly accross the street from the Brevard Zoo, and that was the main purpose of our trip to Melbourne. Great price point. Very nice hotel, good restaurant for breakfast, great large swimming pool, clean rooms, and a very nice staff. I will stay here again when visiting the Melbourne area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Interstate to cut down the possibility of hearing Highway noise at nigh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Truman G
Methuen, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wonderful hotel! Close to the Space Coast Stadium where the Washington Nationals spring training is played. I actually stayed in the hotel during the whole spring training and had no issues. Mind you, there were a lot of people in the hotel due to baseball, but service and piece of mind were never compromised! The beds are good quality as well as the abundance of pillows provided. The smell was pleasant as the room service staff was always at work keeping things fresh. Pool area is nice and going through some great upgrades as I type. The convention room seemed to be booked consistently, which is great for business, yet never caused any inconvenience for myself or coworkers. The hotel is conveniently located next to good restaurants and a fabulous shopping area called The Avenues. All in all, I would stay here before any other hotel in the area, as I have stayed at them all.

Room Tip: Rooms are good in all areas of the hotel, as I have stayed in all the areas. If you want less noise...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Raymond S
LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is an older property, convenient to Space Coast Stadium and Spring Training for the Washington Nationals. I stayed two nights in two different rooms. neither of which I enjoyed. The Hotel does have a Bar & Restaurant but I couldn't get close as it was inundated with a very large group of loud adults. They hold a lot of events here so I assume that's a regular occurrence. The parking lot is not well lit, in fact it's dark...not a welcoming beginning.

The hotel feels older and worn. The lobby is small and cramped adorned in what I believe is a mid-modern motif. It doesn't really work. The front desk staff varies from very good to uninterested as if they are just going through the motions. Now to the rooms:

Warning...the beds are horrible. They very soft and bowed as if 10,000 270 pounders have slept there before you (I tried two rooms and both were the same). To make matters worse are the bed pillows. They're actually 1/2 pillows, meaning, they are 1/2 the size. I have never encountered this before in any hotel anywhere in the world. There are no refrigerators in the rooms which to me is a no-no. I had a towel with an old brown stain on it (note to staff...throw those away or use them as cleaning rags). The double room is fairly large while the single rooms on the 1st floor (avoid them) are small.

In any case, it's not a place I would recommend unless you're in a pinch (I was). At $160 per night, they can do better....much better.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the lobby floor as it is just outside the bar area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank aldoinla
Erin V, Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear aldoinla,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive to accommodate all of our guests with a pleasurable experience and sincerely apologize for your discontent during your time at our property. Your comments will be addressed in order for us to better provide our guests with a satisfying visit. We hope to have the opportunity to have you as a guest in the future and allow you to experience our great customer service and supreme property that we offer. Thank you again for your feedback.

Holiday Inn Melbourne-Viera
Hotel & Conference Center
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This Holiday Inn is located in a retirement community, near Space Coast Stadium, spring training home of the Washington Nationals. My brother and I decided to visit Viera for a couple of days and watch Spring Training and this hotel was convenient and affordable. Sadly, it fell shot of a recommendation in a couple of ways, and I imagine that we'll look for another hotel next time around.

The good: Convenient. Great guest list. A prominent member of the Nationals media stayed there. Reasonable price. Evening concierge (blond haired lady) was outstanding and I'd bump the rating to 3.5 stars based on her alone. She recommended to us the best karaoke bar I've ever attended, a place called Linda's Cafe and Lounge about 20 minutes away. That karaoke bar was one of the highlights of my trip. They get a 5 star and the blond concierge earned 1.5 stars of this review.

The bad: The restaurant. Affordable if you're a senior. Not if you're my age. Check in took a little longer than I would have liked. Not great stuff within walking distance of hotel. You're surrounded by chains, chains, chains. A Walmart. A Target. A Chick-Fil-A. A McDonalds. A Bob Evans. You get my drift. Computers had sticky keyboards and poor security. Kids left the public terminals and could have had their accounts compromised. Gym isn't much to write home about. Basically, this place is decent and I'll probably recommend to my brother that we try La Quinta next year when we prayerfully repeat this trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Viera Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Jason C,

Thank you for sharing a valuable feedback. We truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. Your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement needed.

Joel B