“Consistently exceeds expectations”

Courtyard Melbourne West
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I travel to Melbourne frequently for business and am always pleased with this hotel. I have tried others on the beach and always end up returning to the Courtyard. The rooms are well cared for, the blackout curtains and beds make for a good night's sleep and the breakfast is quick and tasty. If you are looking for a clean and quiet hotel - this is it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Melbourne West

Reviewed 12 February 2011

I just had a wonderful and restful stay here. The staff were VERY friendly and hospitable. I had a large comfortable king bed. The room and bathroom was clean and large. We thought the breakfast was included but the friendly waitress helped us and we realized it was cheaper to eat there than going out for breakfast. They had a nice assortment of cold and hot breakfast items, fresh fruits, and juices and coffee. They also have a menu in which you can order from for breakfast. I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2011

we were cruising florida last summer and stayed there for one night.
the room was very nice and the pool area was great. we only chose this hotel as it was on our route from orlando to miami, but did not regret our decision.
we did not have breakfast there, so we can't really tell you about it.
we felt like we were the only guests there, as the pool area was deserted (august?).

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This hotel exceeded our expectations. It was comfortable and clean and the staff were very helpful. We were very impressed. I would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank shellymmgreen
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I got a great rate ($63) for this room and had a good stay. The room itself was pleasant and having access to the courtyard/pool area from the sliding door made it nice. It's nice to have a hotel room where you can select your AC/Heat from a thermostat and it wasn't noisy like most. Mattress was a little more firm than pillowy and I liked that. The one downside for me was the breakfast. We'd gone in for the usual Continental and didn't notice the cash register till to late. No sign, no info upon check-in that it was a menu driven buffet. ($9.95) Lobby area was nice also.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 16 January 2010

I have stayed here several times, several days at a time, and have always enjoyed my stay. It is an older property but it is well maintained and for the price point, worthwhile. There is a nice courtyard with pool and some tables for lounging. Front desk staff has always been great and helpful. Obviously not a 4 star hotel but for the price of seventy-ish dollars is highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2009

My husband and I travel to Melbourne four times a year for business. We've had some bad experiences with overpriced sub-standard hotels in this area. This was our third stay at the Courtyard in the last year and everything has always been satisfactory. The rooms have always been very clean, the hotel is quiet, beds are comfortable, and everything works well. Staff always seems to be friendly. I haven't eaten in the restaurant or used the exercise room so I can't comment on them. The only problems I've ever had are small - housekeeping removed our used soap but didn't leave any new ones. Stopped by the front desk and got some more along with an apology. Rooms are nicely decorated and I like the fact that they use layers of laundered bed coverings rather than bedspreads. The rooms also have a fridge which is nice. We always frequent the Apollo Diner on Hibiscus Blvd. about six minutes away for breakfast. Reasonable prices and home-cooked food. This and the Airport Hilton are the two hotels in the area that I always try to stay at and I've tried about thirty other ones over the years.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business