“When in Melbourne (Florida), this is a nice place to stay.”

Courtyard Melbourne West
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Panama City, Panama
“When in Melbourne (Florida), this is a nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Why in Melbourne? Long story. The thing is, when you go to Melbourne, you can stay at one of the many beach resorts they have there. I passed by, and what struck me was that even though they had a lot of beach hotels, there was almost nothing to do around. This was like a ghost town Miami Beach.

So we headed to a more lively area in Melbourne and found this nice little hotel. It was right across a mall and a Friday's (that had a nice Friday night crowd).

The hotel was nice, with ample rooms, cozy beds, great bathroom and a/c. I had problems with the TV remote, but I was so tired I didn't mind (the World Series was off that day).

I saw a restaurant near the reception, but I never tried it. There was also an area to self print airline tickets which I think was a cool touch. They had free parking.

Price/value, this was a very good find.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alberto G
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Alberto,

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind compliments. I will pass all your great commments to our team. I am happy to know that when come back to the Melbourne Area, you will be our guest!

Hope the turnout of the world series was in you favor. See you soon!

Property Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here at the last minute, price was great, hotel exceptionally clean and in a good area. Lots of restaurants and shopping in walking distance. Great room off the pool and very friendly staff. Went across the street to Cheddars restaurant, good meal, good prices. Publix right down the street. Hotel has a small little grab and go as well as a small restaurant/ bar good for breakfast

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judyannp
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard West Melbourne for a weekend to visit family in October 2013. The hotel was excellent. The rooms have been recently renovated, so, although the property itself is 25 years old, the rooms do not show their age. The staff appears very well focused on customer service-- every check-in comes with a letter from the general manager and "WOW Dollars," which are the management's way for guests to reward the staff for exemplary service. As a frequent traveler, it is appreciated to see a property that is interested in making sure that the guest is comfortable and taken care of. I think it speaks highly of the management in place.

The price at the Courtyard was very, very reasonably priced. When I saw a sub-$70 price point, I double-checked that this was the property that my local family recommended. I'm used to seeing this price point at the motor-lodge-type hotel. I was very pleased to see instead that this reasonable price was for a well-cared-for, comfortable, and clean property that is convenient to many restaurants and stores.

I was very impressed with this property. I'll stay here again the next time that I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ohjb
Good Day!

May I just say thank you for your kind words and everything your mentioned about our property. At the Courtyard we strive to meet our guests needs and make them feel that they are home. I am glad that you were able to experience this.

I will pass this on to everyone on our team including mangament. We hope to see you soon!

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Excellent customer service saved this from being a three star review. From check-in, through housekeeping, to check-out, everyone was friendly and eager to please.

Room was clean, bed was clean, sheets appeared clean, no creepy crawlies anywhere. The mini-fridge could have used some attention, but a minute with a damp Kleenex did the trick. There was an iron, ironing board, tiny coffee maker, and hair dryer provided, as well as soaps and shampoos.

The room itself, though, was in need of maintenance. The shower head plate was off the wall and hanging on the shower head. The tub faucet was loose and the caulking around it cracked and falling off. The toilet flush handle was loose and flopped around when flushing. Everything worked, but needed some attention.

Didn't look like the balcony had been cleaned in some time, and the sliding glass doors were grimy. I borrowed a rag and cleaner from housekeeping (no, she didn't offer to do it for me) and cleaned the doors myself. This was the only employee I encountered who was not guest oriented.

WiFi worked great, easy to access. Didn't eat at the Bistro, but was glad to see it there in case. Bed comfortable and I slept great. It was nice to have a live human give me my wake-up call, but I almost just hung up the phone without finding out about the human presence since most places have recordings now. A cheery voice in the morning is a nice change.

Room Tip: try to face the courtyard, it's much better than the parking lot
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel34373
Dear Daniel,

Thank you so much for being honest about your stay with us.

I have passed on the great reviews to our front desk and housekeeping team. I also passed on the other comments to our leadership team.

Your kind comments meant a great deal and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

I am glad you like the "live human" we find if you need a wake up call and friendly voice is the best way to go!

Thank you again!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I recently re-visited the Marriott Courtyard in West Melbourne, Florida on September 20-22 and was very happy with the service and room again. The front desk staff, (Emily) and (Alexis) were very accommodating, friendly and helpful in arranging a quiet room for me and very helpful in recommending great restaurants and directions to places in the area. The room was clean, comfortable and was properly maintained. They are a bonus to your overall staff. I will surely stay here again on my next visit to Melbourne. !

Room Tip: Top floor over-looking the pool area
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PetAiel
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Hello,

I am so glad that you are able to enjoy your stay with us again. It will give me great pleasure to pass your comments on to our team, especially Alexis and Emily.

We will see you soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel with exceptionally clean lobby and rooms. The staff was very friendly and I would recommend anyone stay here. There is a Togo bistro which was a bonus. We arrived late and my husband was able to have purchase something to eat

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments in regards to your stay with us.

I am so glad your husband was able to enoy a late night snack in our Bistro. I will pass of your comments to our team. I know hey will love to hear the great comments.

Hope to see you soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was impressed with the cleanliness, the Decor, the services and the price.
The food was good for the type of travel, light and lots of the varieties.
Drinks varieties were good.
Very close to Highway and center of town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Chiara K, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 6 September 2013