“Hotel is Average for Mariott,”

Courtyard Melbourne West
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Hotel is Average for Mariott,”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a good place for a business hotel, I will say the gal at the front desk was excellent was very friendly and willing to help. The food is ok, the rooms are very plain, nothing fancy at all - if there on business, I guess I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bubba086
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Good Day!

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. I will pass them on to our front desk assoicates. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Chiara Kafer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2013

First time at this location and it will not be the last. Very nice exterior and interior areas. Room was clean and very spacious. Required a roll in handicapped room, first level near an exit and was accommodated nicely. Only 2 rooms away from exit door to parking lot. As I said room was very spacious and nicely decorated and well maintained. A/C unit - whisper quiet never knew it was running and did keep the room COLD - they way I like it. Bed was very comfy and we slept well. Wi Fi access was great, fast and reliable. Stayed 3 nights. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Check-in was a breeze and check-out was the same. Will definitely stay there again as son and family live in Melbourne. Hotel is just 5 - 10 mins. from his home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Smorgie138
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Good Day!

I am so happy were able to provide you a home away from home while visiting your son in Melbourne.
We stive to make every guest moment memorable, from the time of checkin to the time fo check out. I will pass on your great comments to everyone on our team.
We will see you soo!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I just stayed here- though tit was a lovely place UNTIL...I got home checked my credit card.I have been doubled bill with two additional charges of $20 each= nearly $200 of OVERCHARGES!!!
Repeated calls to Marriott only result in me being told to call my bank and straighten it out!!!!
A very nice stay perfectly ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank misslucy13
Good Day!

I first want to apologized for the inconveniences that you experienced with the authorizations on your Debit Card. At our property we want guests to have a wonderful experience from check in to check out.
It is true we do authorize $20 each day for any incidentals that may occur. We also charge for the room and tax. Those incidental authroizations are released by the hotel at the time of check out. Depending on which bank, it takes 5-7 business day to be released.
If I can assist further in help getting the additional authorizations release please reach out to me.

chiara.kafer@marriott.com
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Mostly I rate hotels on bed comfort and water pressure in the shower so I give the Marriott Melbourne West a great review. The balcony and balcony chairs were not as clean as I would have liked so we did not use it. I am sure I could have called someone and it would have been taken care of. The TV had great channels and the front desk brought us a TV channel guide and extra coffee for the morning. I would return.

Stayed November 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you giving us great feedback. I have talk with our houskeepign supervisor and we are making sure all the balcony/chairs are cleaned...I am glad you had a comfy bed and good water pressure. I usually rate the same way. Those are the 2 most important things you need on the road :)

Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I decided the day of to find a room in Melbourne, since I was meeting my boyfriend there the next day. I booked the room onine because of the good price and it looked nice online. This was my first time staying at a Courtyard and I loved it. The staff was very pleasent, and I loved the room. The bed was fantasic, it was the most relaxing sleep I have had in a long time! Oh and it is not far from the beach!

Room Tip: Hotels.com
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, even if it was only for one night. I agree the beds are the best! We hope you come to visit again soon!

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Why in Melbourne? Long story. The thing is, when you go to Melbourne, you can stay at one of the many beach resorts they have there. I passed by, and what struck me was that even though they had a lot of beach hotels, there was almost nothing to do around. This was like a ghost town Miami Beach.

So we headed to a more lively area in Melbourne and found this nice little hotel. It was right across a mall and a Friday's (that had a nice Friday night crowd).

The hotel was nice, with ample rooms, cozy beds, great bathroom and a/c. I had problems with the TV remote, but I was so tired I didn't mind (the World Series was off that day).

I saw a restaurant near the reception, but I never tried it. There was also an area to self print airline tickets which I think was a cool touch. They had free parking.

Price/value, this was a very good find.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alberto G
Dear Alberto,

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind compliments. I will pass all your great commments to our team. I am happy to know that when come back to the Melbourne Area, you will be our guest!

Hope the turnout of the world series was in you favor. See you soon!

Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here at the last minute, price was great, hotel exceptionally clean and in a good area. Lots of restaurants and shopping in walking distance. Great room off the pool and very friendly staff. Went across the street to Cheddars restaurant, good meal, good prices. Publix right down the street. Hotel has a small little grab and go as well as a small restaurant/ bar good for breakfast

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judyannp
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.