“Good for a night or two”

Courtyard Melbourne West
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here while visiting friends in the Melbourne area. The hotel is about 4 miles from I95 for those travelling up and down that route. It is close to shopping and a great restaurant is acroos the street "Cheddars". The king size bed in room 253 was awkwardly place so that one person could not clearly view the TV from the bed. But there was a nice couch and desk in the room. Room 253 is very close to the elevator and faced the parking lot. It those things bother you, do not choose this room. Small outdoor pool and fitness center. We did not use either on this short stay. Lobby area is very nice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Good Day!

On behalf of the West Melbourne “WOW” Team, we appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share with us your feedback. We sincerely thank you for selecting the Melbourne Courtyard by Marriott for your past stay. Feedback from our guests, both negative and positive is the key to our continuous improvement process and our ability to provide quality service and a quality product to all our guests.

We hope the next time you are visiting the Melbourne area that we will be able to accomadate you.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This Hotel is a great little find. Rooms are new and clean. Bed and pillows are comfy, Lobby area is modern and well kept as is the pool area. Staff is very friendly, helpful, and knowlegable. Staff at the restaurant area is also very good. Kudos to the management as you can tell things are run properly here. All in all this hotel is very nice, one of the best coutyards I've been to. I would have added another star if it had a jacuzzi.

Room Tip: court yard room overlooking the pool with a balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Good Day!

On behalf of the West Melbourne “WOW” Team, we appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share with us your feedback. We sincerely thank you for selecting the Melbourne Courtyard by Marriott for your past stay. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Space Coast!

Chiara.Kafer@marriott.com

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The hotel is fine, beds are decent with good quality pillows. The shocker was this morning when they told me that I couldn't refill my 8 ounce cup of coffee! They advised that if I wanted more I could drink the stuff in the room.

I have been a platinum for 10 years and Marriott shows their appreciation with THIS new policy? Instead of saying "thanks for your loyalty" maybe they could just pony up with another $0.05 worth of coffee in the morning instead of trying to gouge me for $2.00?

Maybe I should switch to Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Good Day!

I do apologize for your recent experience in regards to the coffee. As a Platinum guest you do have a choice for your Platinum Arrival gift of choosing either a Tall Cup of Coffee from our Bistro or an item from the Market. That is in addition to the 400 points.

We do thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Brand. Please feel free to email me to discuss this further. I want to make sure you always enjoy your stays with us.

Courtyard by Marriott by Marriott Melbourne West
Chiara.Kafer@marriott.com
Phone: 321.724.6400

Reviewed 24 March 2014

To get right to it, the staff was friendly (well the brown haired girl w/ full cheeks, not the blonde lady), but the patio was dirty, needed pressure washing/sweeping, the bed linens were old and tired, the carpets in the hallways and elevator looked soiled and needed a steam cleaning. The bathroom was dark (though uncommonly spacious). They should try white lighting in there. Just average, and that barely. I think they can do better. Also room could have been just slightly cleaner Acceptable for just one night, but not more, in my opinion. I was short of comfortable. I did get a decent sleep on the bed though.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Good Morning!

We hope to see you again on your travels and if you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Chiara.kafer@marriott.com

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The courtyard by Marriott chain is predictable in their offerings. The problem with them is that unless you get a deal through Hotwire or Priceline they are not competitive with a competitior like Hampton Inn. For example you have to buy breakfast so add $20.00 for two to your bill. They are much more suited to the business traveller with an expense account. This one is in a good location and everything worked well. The room was fine and I would suggest to ask for a ground floor unit if you want convenient use of the heated pool, Close to a mall and numerous restaurants it is about a 15 min drive to the beach and 10 min to the freeway. One flaw -- noise from other rooms and hallways.

Room Tip: choose a gorund floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Good Day!

We look forward to having you stay with us again for your next trip to the Space Coast!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It is just a few minutes off the beaten path, but well worth the extra 5 minutes. It is very clean and has a wonderful pool and exterior grounds. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I needed an extra cot, which they brought up to my room. The service was friendly. I highly recommend this Courtyard. It is a hidden gem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Courtyard Melbourne West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Good Day!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I will pass on your review to everyone on our team!

We hope to see you again soon while traveling on the beaten path! :)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I really enjoy Marriott hotels but I wasn't fully impressed with this one..The room itself was clean but later that night I went in the bathroom and I noticed the sink was really dirty with what looked like little crumb and sand particles.I couldn't figure out what it was and I blamed the hubby but never asked if he left it dirty.The next morning I heard bubbling sounds coming out of the bathroom and when I went in to check it out the sink was backed up with dirty,stinky water..We couldn't even brush our teeth there.I went to the front to report it and all she said was oh sometimes that happens when there's others using the sinks in the building.there was no apology or a credit to our Marriott points or anything..Will not be staying here again.we stayed there feb 27 and checked out on Feb 28/14.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Day!

I do apologize for your recent experience here. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and that service was not provided to you. This is something that does not happen and I apologize for you getting the incorrect information. I have discussed this with both teams to make sure this does not occur again.

Please contact me directly to discuss this matter further and for us to make this experience right. We hope we have the opportunity of you visiting us again!

Jim Ridenour