“GREAT customer service, very nice, comfortable, quiet rooms.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Birmingham, Alabama
“GREAT customer service, very nice, comfortable, quiet rooms.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Quiet, nice, comfortable room. Fast and reliable wireless internet. Bellman brought faxes up to my room when they arrived, which was very helpful. Ordered room service for dinner-- food was tasty, served quickly. The Business Center was well-equipped with 2 computers, fax machine, printer, paper clips, and a stapler (a surprisingly rare find in hotel Business Centers). The Fitness Center was well-maintained with 2 elliptical machines and about 4 treadmills, each with a television (although these were under repair when I was there). There were also free weights, medicine balls, a weight machine, weight benches, and mats.

The only disappointment was the complimentary breakfast on the Concierge floor– no hot food! Only a continental breakfast with yogurt, cereal, fruit, breads/pastries/muffins, juice, and coffee. Not nearly up to the standard found at other hotels I’ve stayed at, including other Hiltons.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my corner room far from the elevators, but the halls were generally quiet wherever I went.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hiltonrialto, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff and facilities.
Our staff tries every day to exceed each guest expectations with their service.
We are discussing the breakfast options on our Executive level and want to thank you for your comments on the items currently being served.
Look forward to being your hotel of choice on your next visit to the Melbourne area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

The Good:
- Walking distance from MLB
- Lots of Parking
- Has an actual Executive Floor (Key Access) and Lounge
- Very nice staff

The Bad:
- Outdated decor, looks fresh for the late 80's
- Lounge offerings are not very good - (no hot breakfast offerings, evening offerings are pretty bad)
- Had some issues with the door to the room not closing (or opening) correctly, had to force the door closed.
- Showers are OK, but water pressure isn't great.

Room Tip: Avoid the '01' rooms, they have a balcony, but they are smaller than other rooms and the bal...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank randynovak
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

This was my first time staying at a Hilton. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Front desk employee Laura was super. Very helpful with anything we needed. Free shuttle was great for us since we had no car. Went downtown shopping and to the beach. Very nice, clean pool too! Our shuttle driver TJ gave us some tips on restaurants and he did not steer us wrong. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nancy W
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

well situated by the airport. Friendly staff. Nice restaurant. Free internet and ample parking make it perfect for a business stay over.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Comfortable and well located if you're doing business with one of the companies in the area. Good equipment in the health club. I really liked the reasonably priced buffet breakfast.... nice balance between supplying all the basics (hot foods, fresh fruit, etc) without going overboard.
About a 10 minute walk to grocery stores and fast food... drive required to other restaurants and bars.
Only major negative is the slooooooow wireless internet.....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I've stayed at this hotel twice now for business trips. It seems to be the best hotel I can find for the price in this area, so I'm disappointed that I may be looking for a new hotel the next time I return. The first time I stayed in this hotel, the sink would not drain in the bathroom. I was hoping maintenance could fix the problem while I was out the next day, so I called the front desk to let them know. They notified me the next day that they needed me to switch rooms because they could not fix the problem. Not a huge problem for me, especially since they gave me free happy hour and breakfast for the rest of my stay. When I returned for another trip, I woke up to my bathtub filled with brown water. The front desk sent maintenance up immediately, but they could not fix the problem until the guest in the room next to mine left. I had to get to a meeting at a client, so I had to take a shower in the dirty tub (which they had drained) just to get to work at a reasonable time. I ended up checking out that morning. The staff was friendly about it and did not charge me for cancelling the remaining nights. I would like to stay at this hotel again when I return to Melbourne, but I don't know if I'll encounter more problems there in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

After searching for 3 hours we finally retorted to using Hotwire and found Hilton Rialto as the option.

People say its about - you get what you pay for - We got more than what we paid for. It is a clean neat place, our room was good - well supplied with anything we needed for our trip. The hotel has a good fitness center, friendly staff and is architecturally rich too. the food quality was fine.

The only minus tending point here would be that - it wasn't a beach front hotel, though the beaches are not far from the location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple