“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The internet access was a bit slow. However, the room always smelled so good when you entered. We were always greated with a hello and a smile. We had a Junior suite and had all of the comforts of home. Super nice, clean, and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The establishment is somewhat off the regular beaten path, but it's very close to the airport, if that is your main objective. It is located in a residential type area, but is a short drive to downtown Melbourne and the beaches. You can find small eateries and stores along the way. You can get to the mall and other restaurants within a 5 mile radius.

The hotel has a spacious and beautiful lobby. Complimentary parking and shuttle bus is provided on the premise. The Staff is very friendly and pleasant. There is a New Orleans restaurant on the property. The bar area is open till midnight on weekdays, but no appetizers will be served at 11:30pm if you come that late. The lounging area is lovely indoors and outdoors. The breakfast is not that good. They have many flies that keep buzzing around the fruit and pastries. A fan is placed nearby to try and ward them off. It's better to eat the covered food and cereals out of the boxes.

The room was fairly clean and quite spacious. If you don't require a handicap room, ask for another one. There isn't much room in there to put anything. The bed was very comfortable. A safe is provided, but no mini refrigerator.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I checked in and was met by a friendly front desk staff. They recognized my Diamond status and gave me a room on the 8th Floor. The room was very comfortable with a nice balcony. The bed was comfortable. I would give the room an "A". The next AM I went to the lounge for breakfast. The lounge is a postage stamp size room with only two tables and two couches. It was very crowded. The breakfast was ok, but the fruits were not ripe. Come on... this is FLORIDA. You would think they would serve fresh ripe fruit. SLOPPY. Also the newspapers were gone (none delivered to the door).

I went back to the room to get some work done, and found the internet to be almost unusable. It was so slow, I logged onto the internet of the cheaper hotel next door in frustration. I called the front desk and they TRIED to do something, but it didn't make a difference. Finally I just checked out and left.

So, given all this: I would NOT pay for any upgrade to access the lounge. It's not worth it. You can do better for breakfast in the restaurant and feel more comfortable. If you come here and need to work, don't depend on internet that is usable.

Room Tip: Skip the upgrade just to access the lounge. Be aware that there were problems with internet access...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Putnam, New York
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past couple of years and it occurs to me that I have been remiss in writing a review. The one thing about this hotel: consistency. The staff is excellent, the buidling is clean and well maintained. There are ample restaurants in the area and the staff will give you some recommendations. Seeing as I only go here on business, I cannot speak to any of the recreational activities but judging from some of the families I have seen, they seem to be more than adequate.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We booked reservations for two nights. I had requested executive accessible room as my husband is in a wheelchair. We checked in and were told that particular room was not available. We settled for another room on a different level. The room seemed okay and we ordered room service a few times and that was fine. We got ready to shower this a.m. and I literally had to hold my handicapped husband up while he showered. The shower seat was not only broken but had a huge screw hanging out of the corner, one of the bars was loose and the clamp that holds the shower head was broken. Also, the sink was so tiny you couldn't even find room for a toothbrush and toothpaste. I quietly mentioned all this to the front desk as we were heading out for the day and they indicated they'd make their engineer aware. When we returned, we were going to order from room service. Noone answered on several attempts. I called the front desk, they said they'd look into it and call me back. The young man called back (that's when I noticed the bedside phone wasn't working), told me to call the kitchen and someone would now answer. Well, they didn't after a few tries. That was about all we could take. I did talk with the manager. He didn't charge us for one night which seemed fair. We cut our trip short and returned home quite disappointed.

Room Tip: OMG...handicapped rooms are limited I know. However, do your best to not take one near any elevator...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
hiltonrialto, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.
We value every guests feedback to help us to continue to grow and be the hotel of choice for visitors to the Melbourne area.
The problems you had with the accessible shower was definately not up to our standards. We do routine maintenance on all of our guest rooms throughout the year to prevent and correct any potential problems.
The sink in the bathroom is designed for guests in a wheelchair or mobility device to access and use the sink without any assistance.
I can assure you that your stay was not a typical stay and our management staff has taken all of your comments to heart and is using them as a teaching tool with our staff as a part of our on going training.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Love this hotel; amazing staff, clean rooms, great location, fair price. What more could you ask for. We have enjoyed staying here, and recommending family and friends do the same! Lots of places to shop and dine nearby too.

Room Tip: any one facing the ocean!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed for two nights over Thanksgiving weekend. Many parts of the visit were definitely up to Hilton standards, but a few items were not.

The pros....Tony at the front desk! Very nice, friendly, helpful..always greeted us with a smile and a hello as we were passing through the lobby. The restaurant was very good, and the prices were not bad considering you were in a hotel. We asked for extra towels, because when travelling with teenage girls, you can never have enough of those...and a literal mountain of towels was delivered. The complimentary shampoo, conditioner, and lotion is of very high quality also. And the water pressure was fantastic, with an adjustable shower head.

The cons...beds were not what you usually get at a Hilton. Perhaps they are just due for replacing soon. A little on the firm side, and two adults in a double bed can be quite crowded. The A/C in our room seemed to struggle. We had the thermostat down as far as 68 (when it was chilly outside), and the room was still warm. It ran constantly trying to keep the room comfortable. I also noticed some of the hallways had a little bit of a musty smell, but know that many large hotels struggle with that in the Florida humidity.

All in all, there was nothing that would prevent me from staying here again..and I probably will. With a little fine tuning here and there, this could be a fabulous hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family