“Hilton Rialto”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Saint Helena, United States
“Hilton Rialto”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great service from a professional, warm and friendly staff. Rooms are standard with fridge, microwave, flat screen tv and free wifi. Wifi can be hit or miss depending on where you are in the hotel and room. Rooms and overall hotel is quiet, which was important with working night shifts. Gym is standard with bare minimum for a good workout. Could use some heavier weights and a bench/squat rack. Pool is a little inconvenient and not centrally located like most hotels I'm used to staying at. Hotels restaurant food was surprisingly above par. Of course, I'm only judging this from a beer and hamburger point of view. Overall very pleased with my lengthy stay.

1 Thank Jeremy P
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Jeremy,

I wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I appreciated the time and attention you gave to reviewing our hotel! Your opinions on such a great cross section of our amenities tells me you took full advantage of what our hotel had to offer during your stay and are in a very unique position to give us incredibly helpful feedback. For your next stay, we are anticipating an updated package of fitness equipment, so I hope what is added will improve the quality of your workout. I will pass along your compliments to our food and beverage team, and I promise I will consider every alternative to relocating the pool. I hope you will return to experience our upcoming improvements in the coming year. Thank you again for your very kind review of our hotel..!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband was in Melbourne on Buisness,so I went with him for a little holiday.Everything about this Hotel was wonderful.The beds and bedding was just like sleeping at home.The Restaraunt served the best meals...we tried several other restaraunts in Melbourne,and they did not compare to The Rustic.The Shuttle is a bonus,always ready to take us anywhere.And the best for last...The Staff were fantastic!!!By the end of the week,we felt like we were at home..Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Maggiemaysmom,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and the amazing comments you have written about our hotel! I sincerely hope you will seize all future opportunities to travel to Melbourne with your husband, as we are privileged to be a home away from home for both of you. I have passed along your wonderful compliments to the chef in Rustic and will make sure the entire food & beverage team knows they have fans in Canada! If there is anything I can do to make your next visit even more pleasant than your last, I hope you will let me know. Cheers!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We went to Melbourne FL to participate in the Mainstreet Fall Festival as artists. The festival was the worst, most participants barely made their expenses back, the weather was way too hot at 95 degrees in October. The week of the festival, Congress shut down the government and thousands of NASA employees were without a paycheck. I was so glad I chose the Hilton as my hotel because I felt pampered after grueling 13 hour days in the heat. The bed was even better than my Stearns & Foster bed at home. I decided to stay another night because I was too tired to head home and I knew the Hilton would be no muss, no fuss with a great bed, hot shower, cool room. The restaurant food was incredible, had the Shrimp Ettouffé, authentic Cajun! Corn & crab bisque for soup. Great prices too.
I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: We didn't care what floor we were on, but in the future we would choose the higher floor facing...
Dear AuntieWarhol,

I am so incredibly sorry to hear that the art festival was such a bust! I know what a great effort and expense it is to present your work at one of those shows, so I can imagine you must be very disappointed. It is remarkable that you were able to take away anything positive from your recent visit, but I am grateful beyond words that it was your stay at our hotel. I want to thank you for taking the time and energy to write such a nice review about our accommodations and your dining experience. I hope you will let us host your next visit to Melbourne under better general circumstances and hopefully with a better outcome for your art festival..! For anything you may require in Melbourne, I am at your service.
Fort Pierce,Fl
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had the pleasure of spending time at this hotel earlier in the year over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. The hotel offers a shuttle and took my wife and I downtown for the festivities and picked us up promptly when we called. What a great service. Now this weekend is our anniversary and I'm taking my wife back again for more fun. Looking forward to staying again and taking advantage of the services the Hilton has to offer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Osceola1956,

Happy anniversary! I hope you have let a member of my team know that your impending visit is for the purpose of celebrating such a tremendous event. We would be delighted to have the opportunity to honor your special day in some small way. My email address is skelly@hiltonmelbourne.com, if you would like to send me your dates and confirmation number. I regret that I will not be here this weekend to greet you! Thank you so much for your repeat business and for the very kind comments you always have for our hotel. My team is grateful for the warm reviews, and we all wish you both a very happy anniversary!
Melbourne, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was treated like a Queen. When I arrived I was told they were giving me a complimentary upgrade to Diamond, on the executive floor so that I could see what will happen when I go from Silver to Diamond. It was lovely

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Debbie,

Your majesty! What a truly wonderful thing to say about our hotel. It always makes me happy to see that our attempt to make all of our guests feel like royalty comes across in such a royal manner. You are very kind to take the time to review our property, and I hope you will allow us to pamper you like a queen at your earliest convenience to return. Your loyal subjects remain humbly at your service.
Rochester, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Great hotel - welcoming staff - excellent breakfast; with egg-white omelette, fresh orange juice. The hotel is kept quite cold though - may be something to do with being in Florida! They even found my HH number once I told them that I was member

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Guru G
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guru,

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel! Our Food & Beverage team has taken a great deal of pride in highlighting and supplementing our "Healthy Choices" on all menus and our breakfast buffet. I am very pleased to hear that you appreciated it and were able to take advantage of it. Our climate control efforts in Florida are a constant battle against heat and humidity in the public areas, so I apologize if some areas felt a little colder than others. I hope you were able to control the temperature in your guestroom to your liking. If you will let me know what areas are chilly the next time you stay with us, I will see about making an adjustment for you. It would be our pleasure! Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments and for the wonderful praise. I look forward to hosting your next stay in Melbourne!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Flight into Orlando was delayed 4.5 hours so I arrived at hotel well after midnight. The lobby is beautiful, the representative at the front desk was efficient, helpful, and welcoming, and the room clean, well/appropriately furnished, and cold. (I usually have to cool down a hotel room before it's at the temperature at which I can fall asleep.) The bed was very comfortable. I frequently get hot under the typical mountain of feather duvets, but I felt like Goldilocks when I found the bed was "just right" at this Hilton. Highly recommended to anyone visiting the Melbourne area, either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Nitrox051
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Nitrox051,

I am so sorry to hear about your delayed flight, but I'm glad we were able to make your arrival and stay as pleasant as possible. Your review of our hotel was incredibly nice to read, and I am pleased to receive such positive feedback under what I'm sure were very stressful circumstances. I hope when next you visit Melbourne, your flight is as pleasant as your stay has been with us. We are very much looking forward to being your hotel of choice when returning to the area, so thank you for making it such a rewarding experience for the management and our staff! Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared.