“Great place, especially for couples. Highly recommend”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Went here with best friend & her mother as part of Brevard Cy trip, especially because of its proximity to Melbourne, FL International Airport and stayed one night. My friend wants to come back here on the next trip down. This is a top quality (professional) hotel with excellent rates and pleasurable lobby/entertainment area, especially good for winding down to share w/th a drink/ice tea after a long day. Excellent rooms. Delicious Sunday brunch although only 'pork' was there;
disappointing to those who prefer beef/turkey. Loads of parking. Very cordial and cooperative staff. I highly recommend this hotel, which is also excellent for meetings and small events. I had been here many times in the past for conferences. After this stay, I will be returning much more.

Room Tip: Did not use spa.. Book in advance to save. Also close to many restaurants, Melbourne Shopping Mall...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mgmtdr
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Mgmtdr,

I am exceedingly grateful that you took the time to write a review about our hotel! We do our very best to provide a product and level of service that will make anyone feel right at home, whether staying for business or for relaxation. Thank you for the very kind compliments about our property and staff. We are very fortunate to have a prime location for travelers wanting to visit Palm Bay or depart via Melbourne International Airport, so I'm pleased to know that both factors were of benefit for you. I will discuss your review with our food and beverage team to see if our protein variety might include some of your requests by the time you visit us again. We look forward to it and remain at your service!

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Needed a place in Melbourne, FL to stay for a week while visiting family during Christmas break. We also needed a hotel that accepts pets. While there is a charge to bring your dog, $50 total for a 7 night stay was well worth it. The staff was very welcoming, even giving our dog treats every morning when she had to go outside. This hotel is a great value if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Melbourne with great amenities but do not require an ocean view. The trade-offs are that the hotel is close to the regional airport and across from a mobile home park. You also have to walk outside and across the side drive in order to use the pool. Breakfast is a pricey but very good. The hotel is a little out-dated with all of the marble, but well kept and beautifully decorated for the holidays. Every interaction with the staff was a positive one. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear StarsFellOnAl,

It was a privilege to host your stay during the holiday, and our entire staff wishes you the very happiest of new years! I'm glad to hear that our pet-friendly policy was of benefit to you. Thank you for the kind compliments and observations about our team of associates. We are very fortunate to have some of the best hospitality employees of any hotel in the company, and they certainly make us look good on a daily basis. You might be interested to know that we have scheduled a full renovation this year and will have an all-new look and feel perhaps even before your next opportunity to visit. If there is anything that I can do for you in the meantime, I hope you'll contact me. Have a great day and a very happy new year!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is older and needs some attention to detail. However what the property lacks in curb appeal it makes up for in staff. Everyone from the bartender to the bellmen were awesome. TJ is amazing! The hilton honor perks are great. Breakfast was good. They allow pets and gave treats to our dogs every day (nice touch). We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Valpograd86,

Thank you for the very nice compliments about our employees. I'm glad the level of service made your stay a pleasant one. We're proud to announce an upcoming renovation to the hotel in 2014, so I'm sure the areas of the property you perceived in need of an update are the same ones we have identified for the project. Please come see the changes the next time you are in the area. We look forward to hosting your next stay! Thanks again for your review of the hotel.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was very pleased with my stay. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and roomy. The room, and hotel in general, was very clean. The staff were pleasant. As an added benefit there was a restaurant in the hotel and it really was quite good, with a variety of menu items. Really no reason to go seek food elsewhere and I usually didn't. Location was convenient for just about everything. I was here for a business trip, but if I were to travel to Melbourne for personnel interests, this would be my first choice of places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Danopfl,

It's incredibly flattering to receive such a glowing recommendation from such a seasoned traveler and reviewer on TripAdvisor. I will make sure that the individuals and departments you complimented receive your praise, and I know I speak for all of them when I tell you how much it means to us. We certainly strive to deliver the best product and service in the Melbourne-area, so please let me know if there is ever anything we can be doing to better meet your needs or further exceed your expectations. Our team remains at your service!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel is located for easy access to shopping, beach, and downtown area. It is visually pleasing and has a nice atmosphere. The price is very reasonable. I stay here when visiting family and it makes for a pleasant easy going vacation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! When you return to the area, we hope you'll allow us to host your next stay. It has been a pleasure to be of service, and I appreciated hearing how much you enjoyed the hotel.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The hotel and guest room were attractively decorated, reasonably spacious and clean. For a small fee I was able to get a microwave and small refrigerator in the room. My only recommendation is to spray deodorizer in the elevators, which were a bit musty. Thank you Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and the kind observations you made regarding our rooms. Your recommendation about the elevators has been forwarded to our housekeeping department, and they will make sure we stay diligent about the air quality in that area of the property. I know that you will find this issue much improved upon your next visit to our hotel! Thanks again..!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Rooms are nice and confortable; however the carpet needs to be cleaned or replaced.

The location is great! Very closedo the historic downton.

Front desk personal are vey nice.

VIP Lounge; is bad very, too small and food selection very poor.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and confortable.
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hi, Henry!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel..! I appreciate the compliments and the helpful observations. While we are fortunate that the majority of the hotel is still in excellent condition, there are a few places where the property might be showing her age. We are in the process of planning a complete renovation of the property to take place later this year that will address the size and location of our executive lounge as well as the age of some of the carpet to which you may have been referring. I sincerely hope you will return and experience the updated Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place when it's done!