“Fantastic”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Myself , husband and daughter travelled from the UK for a 5 night stay. The purpose of our trip was not exactly a holiday but to accompany our daughter for a few days prior to her starting studies at FIT.(Florida Institute of Technology).Whilst i agree with another reviewer that the location may not be ideal for tourists it was perfect for our needs. On entering the hotel we were warmly greeted by the Concierge and directed towards the front desk.The Hotel was beautifully decorated with Christmas decorations . Check in was prompt and efficient.All the staff we met throughout our stay where most helpful and friendly.The hotel shuttle was a great bonus taking us to and from places within a 5 mile radius especially in the evenings so we could have a meal and drink without having to drive.Breakfast buffet was a good selection and our servers were always friendly and accomodating.We will be visiting Melbourne again in April and this hotel will be our first choice. We had a room on the 8th floor, which is the concierge level. The executive lounge was closed for the holidays, so the hotel gave us vouchers for free breakfast,one drink and appetizer per evening in the main bar and restaurant. The appetizer of shrimps in garlic butter and cheese were the best I have ever tasted and I would like to pass my compliments on to the chefs. I hope our next stay will be as good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear UKjulie,

GO PANTHERS!! We are incredibly proud of our affiliation and proximity to FIT, and I am so glad you made us your home away from home during your visit! Thank you for the kind remarks and observations about our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will allow us to serve you the next time you are back in Melbourne! Have a wonderful new year!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel is situated in a business area near the Melbourne, Florida Airport. The location is not ideal for tourists, but fine for the business traveler.

Past that, the Melbourne Hilton Rialto is practically perfect! Parking is plentiful and not a very long walk to the front door. The lobby is rich marble and beautiful to look at. Check-in was quick and efficient.

We had a room on the 8th floor, which is the concierge level. The executive lounge was closed for the Christmas week, so the hotel gave us vouchers for free breakfast, cocktails and appetizers in the main bar and restaurant. More on that later.

The rooms were large comfortable with soft sheets and pillows. The bathroom was good size and the shower had plenty of water pressure. There was a safe and mini fridge in the room along with two complimentary bottles of water (Hilton Honors Perks).

The breakfast buffet was pretty good with the normal selections of eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, etc.. Omelets and eggs were made to order. Service was hit or miss. We has a great server the first morning, a lousy one the second morning.

The lobby bar was comfortable and the bartender cheerful. Her pours were rather stingy, even after a decent tip. So don't over-tip expecting stronger drinks. It won't help. However, she was nice and entertaining. She pointed out the outdoor seating area with comfortable cushioned chairs and gas fire pits to keep us toasty on a cool night. All in all a very friendly experience.

The gym was very good. All the machines worked well and there were water and towels available.

The pool area is a walk across the parking lot. Be sure to stop at the front desk first. That's where they keep the pool towels.

The big plus for this hotel was the staff. Everyone (with the exception of one restaurant server) was friendly and helpful. The front desk clerk made sure I got extra shampoo on request. The bellman saw me walking back to the elevators after working out at the gym. He greeted me with a cold bottle of water. A manager saw me walking my dog (the hotel is pet friendly) and offered my pup a dog treat. The little things made me wish every Hilton was this nice!

Room Tip: Don't buy coffee in the restaurant. It's free in the lobby every morning!
1  Thank TVDad
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear TV Dad,

I am always so very appreciative when someone takes the time to write such an extensive review and comment upon so many aspects of their stay. You have done us a tremendous favor by giving us this much of your time and so many helpful observations. Above all of this, I truly appreciate you recognizing my staff. They take the time to try and give every single guest an exceptional experience as an individual traveler, so I'm glad they made a unique impression on you. Thank you so much for exploring our property and utilizing so many of our amenities. I was exceedingly pleased to read how well-received you found them. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay during your next visit to Melbourne, please let us know. And if you do return to town as a tourist, please take advantage of our five-minute proximity to Melbourne International Airport, complimentary parking and complimentary shuttle to destinations within a five-mile radius...including the beach! We also have packages to Victory Casino Cruise and Kennedy Space Center, if you're looking to add some sights to your stay. Thanks again, and have a very happy new year!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Went here with best friend & her mother as part of Brevard Cy trip, especially because of its proximity to Melbourne, FL International Airport and stayed one night. My friend wants to come back here on the next trip down. This is a top quality (professional) hotel with excellent rates and pleasurable lobby/entertainment area, especially good for winding down to share w/th a drink/ice tea after a long day. Excellent rooms. Delicious Sunday brunch although only 'pork' was there;
disappointing to those who prefer beef/turkey. Loads of parking. Very cordial and cooperative staff. I highly recommend this hotel, which is also excellent for meetings and small events. I had been here many times in the past for conferences. After this stay, I will be returning much more.

Room Tip: Did not use spa.. Book in advance to save. Also close to many restaurants, Melbourne Shopping Mall...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mgmtdr

Dear Mgmtdr,

I am exceedingly grateful that you took the time to write a review about our hotel! We do our very best to provide a product and level of service that will make anyone feel right at home, whether staying for business or for relaxation. Thank you for the very kind compliments about our property and staff. We are very fortunate to have a prime location for travelers wanting to visit Palm Bay or depart via Melbourne International Airport, so I'm pleased to know that both factors were of benefit for you. I will discuss your review with our food and beverage team to see if our protein variety might include some of your requests by the time you visit us again. We look forward to it and remain at your service!

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Needed a place in Melbourne, FL to stay for a week while visiting family during Christmas break. We also needed a hotel that accepts pets. While there is a charge to bring your dog, $50 total for a 7 night stay was well worth it. The staff was very welcoming, even giving our dog treats every morning when she had to go outside. This hotel is a great value if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Melbourne with great amenities but do not require an ocean view. The trade-offs are that the hotel is close to the regional airport and across from a mobile home park. You also have to walk outside and across the side drive in order to use the pool. Breakfast is a pricey but very good. The hotel is a little out-dated with all of the marble, but well kept and beautifully decorated for the holidays. Every interaction with the staff was a positive one. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear StarsFellOnAl,

It was a privilege to host your stay during the holiday, and our entire staff wishes you the very happiest of new years! I'm glad to hear that our pet-friendly policy was of benefit to you. Thank you for the kind compliments and observations about our team of associates. We are very fortunate to have some of the best hospitality employees of any hotel in the company, and they certainly make us look good on a daily basis. You might be interested to know that we have scheduled a full renovation this year and will have an all-new look and feel perhaps even before your next opportunity to visit. If there is anything that I can do for you in the meantime, I hope you'll contact me. Have a great day and a very happy new year!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is older and needs some attention to detail. However what the property lacks in curb appeal it makes up for in staff. Everyone from the bartender to the bellmen were awesome. TJ is amazing! The hilton honor perks are great. Breakfast was good. They allow pets and gave treats to our dogs every day (nice touch). We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valpograd86,

Thank you for the very nice compliments about our employees. I'm glad the level of service made your stay a pleasant one. We're proud to announce an upcoming renovation to the hotel in 2014, so I'm sure the areas of the property you perceived in need of an update are the same ones we have identified for the project. Please come see the changes the next time you are in the area. We look forward to hosting your next stay! Thanks again for your review of the hotel.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I was very pleased with my stay. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and roomy. The room, and hotel in general, was very clean. The staff were pleasant. As an added benefit there was a restaurant in the hotel and it really was quite good, with a variety of menu items. Really no reason to go seek food elsewhere and I usually didn't. Location was convenient for just about everything. I was here for a business trip, but if I were to travel to Melbourne for personnel interests, this would be my first choice of places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Danopfl,

It's incredibly flattering to receive such a glowing recommendation from such a seasoned traveler and reviewer on TripAdvisor. I will make sure that the individuals and departments you complimented receive your praise, and I know I speak for all of them when I tell you how much it means to us. We certainly strive to deliver the best product and service in the Melbourne-area, so please let me know if there is ever anything we can be doing to better meet your needs or further exceed your expectations. Our team remains at your service!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel is located for easy access to shopping, beach, and downtown area. It is visually pleasing and has a nice atmosphere. The price is very reasonable. I stay here when visiting family and it makes for a pleasant easy going vacation.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! When you return to the area, we hope you'll allow us to host your next stay. It has been a pleasure to be of service, and I appreciated hearing how much you enjoyed the hotel.