“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
key largo, United States
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here for 10 days to visit a sick family member. Great location, quiet room, great staff, no complaints would stay here again. Restaurant food was excellent, staff very helpful. Executive level services were a relief after a long day

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Mary,

Let me begin by saying I hope your sick family member is feeling much better. I am pleased to learn we were able to make you comfortable during such a trying time. Thank you so much for your praise of our hotel and staff. We would be honored to have you as our guest again and hope to see you under much better circumstances in Melbourne next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

No bathroom fan small rooms no complimentary breakfast dirty ceilings old microwave / refrigerator (looked like a set from the 1980's). Noisey bathroom fixtures, literally woke me up when my son turned on the bathroom sink faucet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Mr. Horton,

I apologize that you had so many perceived issues with your recent stay. It is unfortunate that we had not known about your list of desired amenities prior to or at check-in, as we have several room types that have complimentary breakfast, evening cocktails, new refrigerators, microwaves and other offerings included in the rate! In some instances, if we add a refrigerator or microwave to a standard room booking, the exterior of these appliances is not always as attractive as we might wish. However, they are operationally perfect for their intended use. Please contact me prior to your next stay so that I might have the chance to upgrade you to our executive floors and allow you to experience the stay for which you had hoped. Thanks again for bringing these matters to my attention.
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Almost 10 years ago our Daughter had her wedding reception here. The hotel was awesome then and trust me it still is. This trip we stayed over the Christmas holidays. Loved the fact that we could take our little dog with us, The hotel is clean, the staff is polite and the bartendar was a doll. All in all we had a great time.

Room Tip: check out the Hilton honors program, always a good chance of being upgraded to a great room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Donna,

I was very pleased to read your review of the hotel and grateful for the praise for our property and our associates. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope you will do so again when you return to Melbourne! We are very fortunate to be the only full-service hotel in Melbourne that accepts pets, so I'm thrilled that this feature was a real benefit to you!
exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Overall the hotel is very clean and up to the hiltons usual standards, the staff are impeccable when it comes to customer service. I would recommend this hotel as a good location not far from the mall and local amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Edward,

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! It looks as though we may have met your expectations, but I truly wish we had exceeded them. When next you plan to be in the Melbourne-area, I hope you will stay with us again and see if we can't "wow" you. If there is anything I can do to improve the quality of your experience, please contact me directly. I look forward to hosting your return visit and remain at your service.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Myself , husband and daughter travelled from the UK for a 5 night stay. The purpose of our trip was not exactly a holiday but to accompany our daughter for a few days prior to her starting studies at FIT.(Florida Institute of Technology).Whilst i agree with another reviewer that the location may not be ideal for tourists it was perfect for our needs. On entering the hotel we were warmly greeted by the Concierge and directed towards the front desk.The Hotel was beautifully decorated with Christmas decorations . Check in was prompt and efficient.All the staff we met throughout our stay where most helpful and friendly.The hotel shuttle was a great bonus taking us to and from places within a 5 mile radius especially in the evenings so we could have a meal and drink without having to drive.Breakfast buffet was a good selection and our servers were always friendly and accomodating.We will be visiting Melbourne again in April and this hotel will be our first choice. We had a room on the 8th floor, which is the concierge level. The executive lounge was closed for the holidays, so the hotel gave us vouchers for free breakfast,one drink and appetizer per evening in the main bar and restaurant. The appetizer of shrimps in garlic butter and cheese were the best I have ever tasted and I would like to pass my compliments on to the chefs. I hope our next stay will be as good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear UKjulie,

GO PANTHERS!! We are incredibly proud of our affiliation and proximity to FIT, and I am so glad you made us your home away from home during your visit! Thank you for the kind remarks and observations about our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will allow us to serve you the next time you are back in Melbourne! Have a wonderful new year!
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel is situated in a business area near the Melbourne, Florida Airport. The location is not ideal for tourists, but fine for the business traveler.

Past that, the Melbourne Hilton Rialto is practically perfect! Parking is plentiful and not a very long walk to the front door. The lobby is rich marble and beautiful to look at. Check-in was quick and efficient.

We had a room on the 8th floor, which is the concierge level. The executive lounge was closed for the Christmas week, so the hotel gave us vouchers for free breakfast, cocktails and appetizers in the main bar and restaurant. More on that later.

The rooms were large comfortable with soft sheets and pillows. The bathroom was good size and the shower had plenty of water pressure. There was a safe and mini fridge in the room along with two complimentary bottles of water (Hilton Honors Perks).

The breakfast buffet was pretty good with the normal selections of eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, etc.. Omelets and eggs were made to order. Service was hit or miss. We has a great server the first morning, a lousy one the second morning.

The lobby bar was comfortable and the bartender cheerful. Her pours were rather stingy, even after a decent tip. So don't over-tip expecting stronger drinks. It won't help. However, she was nice and entertaining. She pointed out the outdoor seating area with comfortable cushioned chairs and gas fire pits to keep us toasty on a cool night. All in all a very friendly experience.

The gym was very good. All the machines worked well and there were water and towels available.

The pool area is a walk across the parking lot. Be sure to stop at the front desk first. That's where they keep the pool towels.

The big plus for this hotel was the staff. Everyone (with the exception of one restaurant server) was friendly and helpful. The front desk clerk made sure I got extra shampoo on request. The bellman saw me walking back to the elevators after working out at the gym. He greeted me with a cold bottle of water. A manager saw me walking my dog (the hotel is pet friendly) and offered my pup a dog treat. The little things made me wish every Hilton was this nice!

Room Tip: Don't buy coffee in the restaurant. It's free in the lobby every morning!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TVDad
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear TV Dad,

I am always so very appreciative when someone takes the time to write such an extensive review and comment upon so many aspects of their stay. You have done us a tremendous favor by giving us this much of your time and so many helpful observations. Above all of this, I truly appreciate you recognizing my staff. They take the time to try and give every single guest an exceptional experience as an individual traveler, so I'm glad they made a unique impression on you. Thank you so much for exploring our property and utilizing so many of our amenities. I was exceedingly pleased to read how well-received you found them. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay during your next visit to Melbourne, please let us know. And if you do return to town as a tourist, please take advantage of our five-minute proximity to Melbourne International Airport, complimentary parking and complimentary shuttle to destinations within a five-mile radius...including the beach! We also have packages to Victory Casino Cruise and Kennedy Space Center, if you're looking to add some sights to your stay. Thanks again, and have a very happy new year!
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Went here with best friend & her mother as part of Brevard Cy trip, especially because of its proximity to Melbourne, FL International Airport and stayed one night. My friend wants to come back here on the next trip down. This is a top quality (professional) hotel with excellent rates and pleasurable lobby/entertainment area, especially good for winding down to share w/th a drink/ice tea after a long day. Excellent rooms. Delicious Sunday brunch although only 'pork' was there;
disappointing to those who prefer beef/turkey. Loads of parking. Very cordial and cooperative staff. I highly recommend this hotel, which is also excellent for meetings and small events. I had been here many times in the past for conferences. After this stay, I will be returning much more.

Room Tip: Did not use spa.. Book in advance to save. Also close to many restaurants, Melbourne Shopping Mall...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mgmtdr
Dear Mgmtdr,

I am exceedingly grateful that you took the time to write a review about our hotel! We do our very best to provide a product and level of service that will make anyone feel right at home, whether staying for business or for relaxation. Thank you for the very kind compliments about our property and staff. We are very fortunate to have a prime location for travelers wanting to visit Palm Bay or depart via Melbourne International Airport, so I'm pleased to know that both factors were of benefit for you. I will discuss your review with our food and beverage team to see if our protein variety might include some of your requests by the time you visit us again. We look forward to it and remain at your service!