“An unexpected gem”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Fort Pierce, United States
“An unexpected gem”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have now stayed twice at this Hilton as we drive to Melbourne to visit our soon and grand daughter. This is a very nice Hilton located across the street from the airport, making it very convenient for those flying in or out, needing a place to stay and park. We have stayed twice now in a very nice upgraded room on the 8th floor (Concierge level). The room is spacious and comfortable. The hotel feels new and has a delightful layout. They feature fresh snacks and vouchers for the bar in the evening for Hilton Honors members as well as complimentary, cook to order buffet breakfast each morning. The staff here is on mark and always ready to help. We especially like the location, as it is close the airport, city center and the beaches. We have stayed here twice and we plan on coming again, as this is fantastic value.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Richard S.,

The greatest compliment a hotel can receive is the loyalty and repeat business of a satisfied guest. You do us a tremendous honor by posting such a kind review, but it is your return to our property with consistently positive experiences that makes me the most proud of this commentary. Thank you for choosing our hotel when you come to Melbourne, and please let me know what we can be doing for your future stays to make it an even better experience when next you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
St. John
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice facilities - big hotel with heated pool. Several weddings were taking over most of the lobby and common areas. The toilet was running when we entered our room, but only needed a giggle of the flush handle to fix the problem. Bed was nice. No breakfast provided.
Free WIFI

Dear Edward,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and giving us this opportunity to improve. We are very eager to exceed your expectations during every visit, and it seems evident we fell shy of the mark in this instance. I apologize for the running toilet, and I can see how that could put a damper on the whole of your stay. If there is anything I can do to insure you receive the very best room and service available for your next stay in Melbourne, please feel free to contact me directly. We would very much like the opportunity to have a second chance at a first impression.
St Paul, Mn, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we arrived at the airport late evening destined for the beach for a week. We were greeted with drink and appetizer coupons as HHonors members and breakfast the next morning. The room was clean, spacious, quiet, with a comfortable bed. It is next to the Melbourne airport and has a shuttle van to pick you up or drop you off. Check in and checkout was quik and easy. We will be back again as we visit the area nearly every year.

Dear Duane,

If there is any such thing as our ideal guest, it might very well be you! It seems as though you took advantage of our location, proximity to the airport and complimentary shuttle service during your stay as well as benefitted from our executive level amenities such as room upgrades, complimentary food, beverage and in-room offerings provided to our Hhonors guests. I'm proud of the fact that we are the only Hilton product in the area that can offer such perks and very gratified that it improved your experience in such a profound way. If there is anything at all I can do to better serve you during your next stay, please let me know. Thank you, again, for taking the time to review the hotel.!
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

When on a "walkabout" recently along the east coast of Florida, staying at Hiltons and Doubletrees that were new to me, I made a reservation at the Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place. When asking for directions from the front desk and Natalie indicated merely turn left at the 7-11 just after you pass the golf course on the right (heading east) and go one mile, I was quite skeptical. Neither imposing nor plain from the outside, I was still a bit hesitant about my selection. Wow -- once I was greeted by Natalie and Melanie with their contagious smiles and cordiality, my skepticism waned. This property is literally an oasis -- not near anything else (meaning walking distance), but you do not have to leave!
I was upgraded to the executive floor (8th), corner suite which was just about perfect for me, especially the layout; I was later informed that there were only four such suites two each on the 7th and 8th floors. Previous reviewers have commented on the executive lounge and I certainly echo their sentiments. Dorothy, the concierge is the quintessential host, serving drinks and warm (yes, actually hot food is a rarity in these lounges these days) food, and a courteous and respectful demeanor. I was quite taken aback.
Having to extend past the 11:00 a.m. checkout, presented no drama to Gordon, the Front Office Manager; I even pushed the limit to 2:00 p.m. and he just smiled and readily agreed, indicating there was no issue! Even the Housekeeping Manager checked with me and asked if I needed anything (not the usual "when am I going to leave?") Whilst at the front desk, I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Shannon Kelly, the Hotel Manager. Either his enthusiasm permeated through to his staff or his staff's qualities percolated up to him -- regardless it was an amazing experience. I shared with him my experiences in staying at over 100 different Hilton Properties (and over 135 different Hyatt properties) -- to wit, this was the BEST stay at any Hilton I have had anywhere in the world -- and I sincerely meant it!

I cannot rate the location -- it is in the middle of nowhere, but close to the Melbourne, Florida, airport, which is not going to do anything for anybody; I did not eat breakfast in the restaurant (but did enjoy a Mexican omelet in the executive lounge), so I cannot rate that either, although I noticed several people were enjoying it in very nice surroundings in a comfortable and pleasing environment. Had it not been for the Executive Lounge, I am confident I would have enjoyed the bar and restaurant as well.

Room Tip: It is not necessary to be on the executive floor (8th) to have access to the executive lounge; you m...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ClubDoctor
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Dr. Abbey,

It was such a pleasure to get to meet you at the end of your stay and hear first-hand about your experience at our hotel. Having the opportunity to discuss it in-person was incredibly rewarding, but seeing your review in-print really hammered home how fortunate we were to host an experienced traveler with such established points of reference for our brand and competitive brands around the world. We strive for excellence every day but rarely get the opportunity to get such a detailed comparison between our product & service and what our guests experience at other comparable hotels. To receive such glowing feedback and praise for our associates is incredibly flattering and valuable at any time, but your global hotel knowledge makes this a much more compelling. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and praise our team. We hope you have the opportunity to return very soon, and we all remain at your service!
Bayville, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The staff and the place were so accomodating. I recommend staying on the 8th Floor; the Executive Floor. The evening cocktail hour(s) is so relaxing and again the staff so friendly. Gordon at the front desk could not be more accomodating. Great place to stay when in that area. The area has so many places to eat and shop.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Lisa F.,

I wanted to let you know how grateful I am that you took the time to review our hotel but specifically that you went so far as to mention one of our team members specifically by name. It is always such a pleasure to know that our product and service are well-received and that we are doing a good job, but it helps me immensely when I can identify a top-performer on my team for some well-deserved recognition. I will pass along your praise to Gordon and let him know how much you appreciated his attentive service. I hope you'll return soon to allow us to exceed your expectations once more. In the meantime, I remain at your service.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was staying in the Melbourne area for business and found this hotel to be fantastic! The executive floor perfectly met my needs and the concierge room was a nice touch. The staff and management were also extremely helpful and professional. I plan to return to Melbourne this week and look forward to staying at the Hilton-Rialto Place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Brooke,

Your review completely made my day, and I was thrilled to hear we will have the opportunity to host your stay again so soon! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel, and I hope you will enjoy your accommodations and amenities just as much this visit as you did during your last. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay in any way during your trip, please let me know personally. I remain at your service..!
Sewall s Point, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Everyone I came in contact with was very accommodating. Because I stayed on a Saturday night the executive lounge was closed. To compensate I was given vouchers for a drink and an appetizer in the bar. I also received a voucher for the full breakfast buffet. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and quiet. The fire pit area off the bar is very cool. I really enjoyed my short stay.

Room Tip: Room 202 is very quiet. The window overlooks the roof top of the restaurant. If view doesn't ma...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear NvonS,

I am exceedingly grateful to receive your review concerning your recent stay at our hotel here in Melbourne. Thank you for taking the time to rate our property and for the kind remarks you shared. We are privileged to have one of the few concierge lounges for business travelers in this part of Florida, and we always try to accommodate our VIP guests with vouchers for the restaurant over the weekend while it is closed. I am very pleased to hear you felt the dining and beverage options provided were generous and satisfying. We hope you'll come back and experience our full compliment of amenities again very soon. Thanks again!