“Staff amazingly helpful. Room excellent.”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 12 June 2014

There was a problem with my reservation when I arrived. Gordon came out of his office to assist me. He was professional, and detail oriented during the entire interaction. He even talked to my travel agent on my cell phone searching for my reservation. We did not find my reservation, so Gordon made a new reservation, and made sure I had a great room.

One hour after my arrival, Gordon called my guest room to let me know he had continued searching until he found my reservation. What diligence! I am a seminar speaker, and somehow my name had been entered with last name=Seminar and first name=Fred.

In addition to the FANTASTIC hotel, I am super impressed with the staff.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Sunhawkins,

I cannot thank you enough for posting this review about our Front Office Manager, Gordon. He is a very dedicated member of our team and consistently delivers impeccable service, but there is no substitute for the feedback of a valued guest on a site like TripAdvisor. I am exceedingly pleased that he went out of his way to create a "wow" experience from what could have been a very inauspicious start to your stay. I hope you will return to the hotel soon so that you can measure our consistency for delivering great service. We try to make it a habit, and it is always our pleasure. Thanks again for the review!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at the Rialto multiple times over the last six months and have had consistently excellent care from the staff. The rooms are always clean and they go out of their way to take care of my needs.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Kathleen,

While I appreciate every single word of the review you wrote for our hotel, the greatest compliment you gave us was the privilege of your repeat business! I am so glad we consistently deliver the kind of product and service you expect and have the opportunity to host your visits as often as we do. Please ask for me at the front desk the next time you are at the hotel. I would love to get the chance to thank you personally for the pleasure of your repeat stays. If there is anything my team or I can do to make your visits to Melbourne more pleasant, please let us know.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Hilton provided great hospitality and was very catering to my needs even after check out. The location was great if you have a chance to make it to the beach its a short drive away and is very close to many of the areas great eating spots!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Melissa M.,

You were so very kind to take time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, so thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It was our pleasure to cater to anything you might need, and we look forward to having the chance to do so again. On your next visit, allow us the privilege of shuttling you to and from the beach at no charge. Our van drivers are pleased to be of service!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few times as a Hilton Diamond member. The hotel has an executive floor, however I stayed during the weekend so I got free appetizer at the hotel bar which was very nice along with beer or wine. Breakfast buffet was nice although I think you have to pay a little extra if you want something that is not on the buffet like an omelet or french toast. But you do get more than your standard continental breakfast in the buffet i.e. eggs, breakfast meats, etc. I would come back again. The hotel is not far from the beach and I think they may offer a shuttle. I am not sure.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Tony B.,

I want to thank you for being our recent guest and for your status as a Hilton Diamond Guest! Your loyalty is appreciated, and I am grateful for your business. Thank you for taking the time to provide such a nice review of our hotel, as well. We are fortunate to be adjacent to the airport, shopping, dining and all the attractions that downtown Melbourne has to offer while only being four miles away from beautiful beaches. You are correct! We offer a complimentary shuttle service to the airport, the beach and anything within a five-mile radius. We'd love the opportunity to take care of your transportation needs during your next visit. I hope you'll return to the property very soon. Thanks again and have an excellent day!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed 2-Nights at the Rialto to explore Melbourne & Cocoa Beach before 6 days in Orlando. We really enjoyed this hotel. It was super quite & the corner suite was huge! The Breakfast was very, very good with the best coffee I've ever had at a Hilton.

The concierge in the lobby was on top of the game, ringing the elevator for you as you entered the lobby, this was a nice touch. They suggested a restaurant in Melbourne on our 1st night, but after waiting over 45 mins for a table (place was only 1/4 full...), we headed back to the hotel and had a brilliant dinner at 1/2 the cost!

This is a great place to stay which is close to the beach, Nasa etc

Room Tip: Diamond Upgrades are generous
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertBreedlove

Dear Mr. Robert Breedlove,

Your review literally made my day! I am so grateful that you took the time to share your experience from your recent stay and that you had such glowing things to say. My team is always aimed at delivering an exceptional hotel experience, and I am glad they succeeded in such a positive fashion for you. I sincerely hope you'll allow us the pleasure of hosting your next visit to Melbourne and let me know if there is anything we could ever do to improve the quality of your stay. We remain at your service.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived and checked in at the front desk with Mitch.. He was so friendly and accommodating .. Went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. We also had breakfast and was waited on by Karla.. She too was delightful and very friendly. We loved the location and service . We travel quite often and definitely recommend this Hilton. Thanks for the outstanding service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TonyandToni,

As a hotel manager, I am always thrilled to read glowing reviews about members of my team, and the review you have written about your stay would be enough to make any hotel's day! Unfortunately, and to be 100% honest with you and the TripAdvisor world, I think you meant to review a different hotel. I do not have a front desk agent named Mitch nor do I employ a restaurant employee named Karla. While I am confident we could deliver a stay worthy of such glowing accolades, I want to be fair to the great hospitality professionals who put in this kind of effort. I hope you get a chance to post these comments on their page! Also, I hope you'll come stay at my hotel the next time you're in Melbourne!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I love this motel as it is within blocks of where I grew up. Room was excellent, lobby amenities AWESOME. 4pm POPCORN WAS VERY GOOD. Breakfasts both off-menu and buffet were less than expected for a Hilton property. Fresh OJ was excellent, everything else no so much. Nothing worthy of return to kitchen; just not on par with a Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors end of hall for a better view and quieter room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear MaineCracker,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your glowing observations about the food and beverage offerings. Please accept my apologies that you felt the property itself was not "on par" with a Hilton product. According to our guest satisfaction surveys and TripAdvisor, we rate in the top 8% of Hilton Hotels in the country, so I'm not sure what about your stay you found short of your expectations. If you would like to contact me and elaborate on whatever issue you might have experienced, it would be my pleasure to correct it for you on a future stay. Thanks again and make it a great day!