“Always great”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have been to this hotel many times and have never had a bad experience. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and the rooms are very spacious. The rooms are very quiet. Thank you Melbourne Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Richard T.,

Thank you so much for staying with us, returning to experience the property multiple times and for giving us your very kind feedback! We are grateful for the opportunity to host your stay whenever you are in Melbourne and always eager to improve it in any way that we can. Please let me know if there is ever anything we can do to make your next visit more pleasant. Thank you again for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm trying hard to understand why this hotel got such great reviews. Seems like we just had a bad experience?? We were first put in a room right next to the elevators, which seemed great at the time. But 5 minutes in the room, and we heard every single foot step walk by and every ding of that elevator. When we went to switch rooms the young man didn't seem surprised that we asked to change and he forgot to give us our free breakfast vouchers. Our 2nd room had a "lovely" view of the roof, we just weren't wowed and were disappointed because we expected so much more from the reviews. Thank goodness for Hal down at breakfast, he took great care of us every morning. Also enjoyed the Peter Thomas Roth products in the bathroom. We enjoyed the location and good eats but think we will be staying elsewhere next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Melissa,

It goes without saying that we failed to "wow" you. I apologize for the elevator noise and the rooftop view. Neither experiences were our best foot forward. Let me be the hotelier to state the unsavory truth...that every hotel has a room or two that, while clean and perfectly comfortable, don't adequately represent the experience we want every guest to take away. When we sell out, the room near the elevator or overlooking the roof next door is inevitably going to be rented. For some guests, this is not an issue. For others, understandably, it can be disappointing. I hate that you experienced a disappointing stay. It looks as though you live close enough to the area that I might be able to make it up to you in the near future. Can you call me and let me try to make a better second impression than our first? My hotel is the highest-rated full service Hilton product in the area for a reason, and I want the chance to prove it to you. I look forward to winning you back, and I hope you have a great day!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The facility is beautiful, full of amenities, well located and has an awesome workout room. Staff makes you feel welcomes and is helpful. You will notice the quality from the outside in and among everyone on the staff. The room rate is very good for a hotel of this quality.

1  Thank Hugh M

Dear Hugh M.,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for the very high praise you gave us in your comments! We encourage all of our guests to explore the hotel and take advantage of our amenities, so I am pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations with our fitness center and general ambiance. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to the area. My staff and I remain at your service and look forward to hosting your next stay!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I've always liked this hotel. The staff is amazing. Minutes from the airport and a driver that is so helpful, and always on time. Rooms are great and beds comfy. Food is great, gotta try the lobby bar too. Amenities are good in room with a single serve coffee maker and good toiletries.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear FlyMom10,

I can't thank you enough for being a loyal repeat guest of our hotel or for having such nice things to say about my staff! My front office team, bellman and shuttle drivers consistently receive high praise from our frequent travelers, and I'm proud to see them mentioned here again. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasant or comfortable, I hope you'll contact me directly. We're looking forward to your next trip to Melbourne!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

There was a problem with my reservation when I arrived. Gordon came out of his office to assist me. He was professional, and detail oriented during the entire interaction. He even talked to my travel agent on my cell phone searching for my reservation. We did not find my reservation, so Gordon made a new reservation, and made sure I had a great room.

One hour after my arrival, Gordon called my guest room to let me know he had continued searching until he found my reservation. What diligence! I am a seminar speaker, and somehow my name had been entered with last name=Seminar and first name=Fred.

In addition to the FANTASTIC hotel, I am super impressed with the staff.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Shannon K, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Sunhawkins,

I cannot thank you enough for posting this review about our Front Office Manager, Gordon. He is a very dedicated member of our team and consistently delivers impeccable service, but there is no substitute for the feedback of a valued guest on a site like TripAdvisor. I am exceedingly pleased that he went out of his way to create a "wow" experience from what could have been a very inauspicious start to your stay. I hope you will return to the hotel soon so that you can measure our consistency for delivering great service. We try to make it a habit, and it is always our pleasure. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at the Rialto multiple times over the last six months and have had consistently excellent care from the staff. The rooms are always clean and they go out of their way to take care of my needs.

Dear Kathleen,

While I appreciate every single word of the review you wrote for our hotel, the greatest compliment you gave us was the privilege of your repeat business! I am so glad we consistently deliver the kind of product and service you expect and have the opportunity to host your visits as often as we do. Please ask for me at the front desk the next time you are at the hotel. I would love to get the chance to thank you personally for the pleasure of your repeat stays. If there is anything my team or I can do to make your visits to Melbourne more pleasant, please let us know.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Hilton provided great hospitality and was very catering to my needs even after check out. The location was great if you have a chance to make it to the beach its a short drive away and is very close to many of the areas great eating spots!

Dear Melissa M.,

You were so very kind to take time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, so thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It was our pleasure to cater to anything you might need, and we look forward to having the chance to do so again. On your next visit, allow us the privilege of shuttling you to and from the beach at no charge. Our van drivers are pleased to be of service!