I took a business trip to Florida Institute of Technology which is located in Melbourne, FL. I flew into the local airport, and chose the hotel based on 1) recommendation by person at university and 2) shuttle service between hotel and airport. With the latter, I did not need to rent a car for this trip.
From the shuttle driver to the concierge to the wait staff, the service was excellent. The room was large with a king-sized bed. I selected the executive suite which included continental breakfast ($10 more a night). The executive suites were on the 8th floor, and required entering your room card in an elevator slot to gain access. I paid $139 per night (university rate).
There were plenty of amenities in the room, including shampoo, soap, cap, sewing kit, coffee maker with coffee and tea, etc. Great pressure in the shower. Large plush towels and robe. 6 pillows on the bed. Another nice touch was table and desk mounted outlets for your electrical outlets. I always find it a hassle unplugging a lamp and getting on my knees to find a place to plug in my laptop or phone charger. The room included free wireless, and I was given the access code at the front desk.
There was a large armoire in the room. An LCD tv rested on top, and in one side I was surprised to find a mini fridge and microwave. The other side was placed the glasses (not plastic cups), ice bucket and free bottled water.
The bed was by far the best I have slept on outside of my tempur-pedic. I was very comfortable and well-rested, surrounded by the many pillows.
The room was not perfect. There was too much of a gap around the door to the hallway, as much as 1/4 inch. This allowed quite a bit of noise, and too much light to leak into the room at night. Also, there was not enough noise baffling from the outside (parking lot). I had to use the AC fan for white noise. I did bring up the issue of the door to the front desk at checkout. Perhaps my room (803) was the exception.
Vending machine only included canned sodas ($1). Food was available through room service which I did not sample.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award-winning Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place hotel, located minutes from the white sands of Florida’s Space Coast and only a mile from Orlando-Melbourne International Airport. Our hotel offers 237 spacious accommodations and 14,000 sq/ft. event space for any type of gatherings. Enjoy our heated outdoor pool and whirlpool, modern fitness center, basketball and tennis courts, complimentary WiFi, 24-hour business center, shuttle service and other great amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Hilton
- Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place Florida