“Was This Really a Hilton”

Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Tampa,Fl
“Was This Really a Hilton”
Reviewed 26 July 2009

This location seemed a little below par for the Hilton family of hotels. From the lack luster paint job in the elevator cars to the musty smell of the towels, this place seemed to be struggling to maintain the Hilton appearance. Although the staff was top shelf and that is what made my stay enjoyable. (Great job staff)
This place is more of a flop house for business travelers then a cozy place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Staff was very courteous and efficient, especially the front desk and concierge. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. This is a very nice Hilton.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Frederick, MD
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I took a business trip to Florida Institute of Technology which is located in Melbourne, FL. I flew into the local airport, and chose the hotel based on 1) recommendation by person at university and 2) shuttle service between hotel and airport. With the latter, I did not need to rent a car for this trip.

From the shuttle driver to the concierge to the wait staff, the service was excellent. The room was large with a king-sized bed. I selected the executive suite which included continental breakfast ($10 more a night). The executive suites were on the 8th floor, and required entering your room card in an elevator slot to gain access. I paid $139 per night (university rate).

There were plenty of amenities in the room, including shampoo, soap, cap, sewing kit, coffee maker with coffee and tea, etc. Great pressure in the shower. Large plush towels and robe. 6 pillows on the bed. Another nice touch was table and desk mounted outlets for your electrical outlets. I always find it a hassle unplugging a lamp and getting on my knees to find a place to plug in my laptop or phone charger. The room included free wireless, and I was given the access code at the front desk.

There was a large armoire in the room. An LCD tv rested on top, and in one side I was surprised to find a mini fridge and microwave. The other side was placed the glasses (not plastic cups), ice bucket and free bottled water.

The bed was by far the best I have slept on outside of my tempur-pedic. I was very comfortable and well-rested, surrounded by the many pillows.

The room was not perfect. There was too much of a gap around the door to the hallway, as much as 1/4 inch. This allowed quite a bit of noise, and too much light to leak into the room at night. Also, there was not enough noise baffling from the outside (parking lot). I had to use the AC fan for white noise. I did bring up the issue of the door to the front desk at checkout. Perhaps my room (803) was the exception.

Vending machine only included canned sodas ($1). Food was available through room service which I did not sample.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
canada
Reviewed 5 March 2009

We were on holiday- with 2 small children. Though this hotel is marketed as a business hotel there were families, couples and groups of young people there. The staff are friendly- especially the concierge but we were refused a room change (due to noise) probably because of our internet rate- and we were shocked to have our issues laughed at. Dont expect regular Hilton service.
The rooms near the elevators are a nightmare- with bells ringing from each floor going off all night. The rooms facing the parking lot and pool are nice, but the ones on the other side have the ventilation system and a/c motors blaring all night so you cant leave windows open.
The pool is nice, and was quiet. The tennis courts are lit at night. There are no fridges in the rooms, and many guests were seen toting coolers to and from the beach.
The beach is about 20 minute drive away, but as this area is geared for cars- it wasnt a problem. The concierge also mentioned they do a shuttle to local restaurants etc if you want a night out without driving.
There is free parking, free WiFi in the rooms and a coffee station at the entrance in the mornings- all things we loved!
Our purpose of this stay was to have a room to come back to from the beach or local sightseeing- and it was well suited.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2009

The hotel was fine, but I was disappointed that even though there were no more than 25 cars in the parking lot and I am a Hilton Honors member they wouldn't upgrade my room for free. I've never had problems getting an upgrade at their other hotels when they had the upgraded rooms available. Because of that I won't be going back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Front Desk wouldn't upgrade my room
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingN0w
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed 14 May 2008

My Mom and I met here for Mother's Day. I picked this hotel because it was close to the Downtown Area which we wanted to visit and shop (2 miles away). The hotel is considered a business hotel because of it's location, but this worked out very nice for us because it was dead on the weekend...dead = peaceful! The room was clean and the beds were to die for! We could not get up the next day. The staff was super friendly and helpful. This includes the front desk and restaurant.

I read in another review that the room doors slam and yes this is true. I just made myself concious of it and closed it slowly.

The restaurant was empty but the service and food was good. Skip the chocolate cake...yuck!

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Old TVs
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
Reviewed 19 March 2008

This hotel is very nice and clean and the staff, from the front desk people to the concierge to the room service folks who take your order and deliver the food were exceptionally friendly, helpful and courteous. This is clearly a well-managed hotel.

• Stayed March 2008