“mY STAY AT THE dOUBLETREE”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 December 2013

VERY GOOD! We enjoyed our visit to Florida, and we are glad that we choose the Doubletree. We will be happy to recomend this hotel to others. Having an ocean front room was especially wonderful. The staff at Doubletree always stopped to greet guests and were very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenkins P
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Jenkins P,

Every guest is a valued guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent visit to Melbourne Beach. We hope you experienced exceptional service as intended by our team. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others, we hope we get to see you back soon!
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have been staying at this location for 2 to 4 times a year for the last 4 years for vacation and to visit my mother who was in a home in Melbourne until she passed this year. Until this visit I have always liked this hotel and knew what to expect given the location and age of the property. Up until this last visit I would have recommended this property to all but now will not. On all previous visits I was always welcomed as a repeat visitor when I arrived and felt liked they really cared about me and knew that I was a repeat customer. On arrival last week I was treated like anyone one who had never stepped foot on this property and the reception was nothing short of cold. I was put into room 704 on the south tower and was not happy with the bathroom area and shower. The grout and caulk was very dirty with mold all around like it had not been cleaned good in some time. Hair on the floor and smelled bad. Even my daughter commented on how bad it smelled. Understand that it was Thanksgiving week but on Thurs. the room service person came in and asked if we really needed the sheets changed or room cleaning or could she just drop off towels. Then on Sat. we were gone for most of the day and arrived back at about 4:30pm, room was not serviced, went down and ask the front desk about it and they seem put out saying all had been done for the day. At about 6:30pm a person showed up asking if we wanted new towels and said sorry guess they just missed our room today. Not acceptable in my book. It is a shame that after how many times I have stayed at this location and had so many good experiences that this one stay will make me look for another hotel in the area as I will come back to the area I really like here. Regards.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry L

Dear TerryL,

On behalf of our entire team, I sincerely apologize for any disappointment this stay has caused you. Our goal is not to only meet, but exceed your expectations. It is apparent that in this case we failed to achieve our goal. I have forwarded your comments on directly to our management team to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action within their department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. We appreciate all the years you have made us your #1 choice and I hope you give us another chance to make things right for you. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We come to Melbourne every year to visit family during the holidays every year for the past 16 years. We will be here again December 2013 during the Christmas holiday and this time we are traveling from San Francisco instead of Tampa as we moved - longer trip and staying longer. We generally stay here or at the Hilton on the beach for the last 16 years. I am a frequent traveler staying at several Hilton and other brands every year for business travel and generally have the highest level with several brands. Based on my 30 years of travel experience, this particular property has excellent service and room value for your money or points. No property is perfect and this one has some improvements that could be implemented but overall provides the overall customer expectation I come to expect. I recommend staying here or the Hilton on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and corner rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank gervaisj
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear gervaisj,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for loyalty of 16 years! I will share your comments with our staff and will prepare for your next visit in December. Please allow me to personally make your reservation for you. Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a terrific time here. The hotel staff was wonderful, views were fantastic, and in spite of the occasional rain and wind, we were able to relax and enjoy a quiet getaway weekend. The location of the hotel enabled us to be on the beach when we chose to be, but we were also close enough to visit several local entertainment venues. Hotel restaurant and food was exceptional, the staff was friendly, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark S

Dear Mark S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. Our team will be happy to read your comments. We thank you for business and loyalty to our brand. We hope we get to welcome you with a warm chocolate chip cookie in the near future. If there is anything else I can help you with, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Only one warning...GPS navigation will not get you there. Dial in Eau Galle and A1A, then south. Rooms were slightly outdated, but very comfortable. One of the beast on the road sleeps I had in a while. Main building was very nice. Breakfast buffet was good, staff was friendly. Being just a few yards from the beach is a big plus. We enjoyed our walk on the beach every morning. Pool are and hot tub was spacious, but we did not utilize it on these cold days. The bar area, a building by the pool, is way small.
The most important comment is that we would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the entrance doors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve S
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Steve S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us. I do apologize if the weather did not cooperate with us during you stay, we hope you get to enjoy our beach during your next visit to this area. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We came here for a relaxing beach vacation. The view from the balcony was amazing and was the best part of our stay. The room decor was dated, but nice that there was a living room type area and a bedroom, this was divided with a bathroom in between. The bathroom included a toilet and shower and was so small that you had to maneuver to be able to close the door. The pool area was nice and provided easy access to the beach below.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Angela R,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our team works very hard to ensure all our guests experience the best visits possible, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breathtaking views and outdoor facilities. In the event that I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Hotel was yards off the ocean a big plus. The Lounge area was way to small to enjoy with more then one person. Room was very nice and the balcony view was eye opening.... If you like to walk the beach then this would be a nice place for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Charles H

Dear TA Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. May I also take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree Suites Melbourne Beach and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Hospitably,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront