“Great escape from the winter cold”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We left with a wonderful, happy refreshed feeling after our stay at Doubletree. We loved the oceanfront views, two room suites and professional staff.

We had a problem with the sliding door not locking on the balcony and the engineer was there within minutes to fix it.

The rooms were so comfortable, clean and gave us plenty of room to move around.

We could have not been more pleased with our experience while staying at the Doubletree.

We also liked the convenience of having a supermarket, Walmart, Mc Donalds, Friendlies, Panera Bread nearby for any last minute needed items and inexpensive meal choices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank M200789
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear M200789,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your recent 5 star review. I was happy to hear you had a great experience with us and that we will be your #1 choice during your next visit to Melbourne Beach. I will forward your comments to the rest of our team and a special thank you to our maintenance staff for responding so promptly to your need. Please contact me direclty if I can ever be of further assistance to you.

carlos.cerda@hillton.co,

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel during a very busy week. The staff although overwhelmed at times remained courteous and attentive to our individual needs. The hotel although a little older was clean and nicely decorated to go with the season (Christmas). we were visiting family in the Melborne area and on our next visit would very likely stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Kimberly P

Dear Kimberly P,

I would like to thank you for visiting our hotel during Christmas season. I am glad you enjoyed the decorations our team puts together every year. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future. In the meantime, please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I would almost give this hotel a perfect review with one exception. We requested bedding for our children on the sleeper sofa and when we got to the room, there were no sheets and the cover on the bedding had a pee stain. The staff was quick to remedy the problem and were very apologetic. That was the only bad experience we had. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and nice. They made each day a fun adventure. The room was great. We had a fourth floor corner room overlooking the ocean. The food was excellent and we had a great experience overall. Even with our one bad experience, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a corner room on a higher floor for the best views. The corner room is slightly larger but gives...
2  Thank TMC274
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear TMC274,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your 5 star review! Please note that I have addressed the housekeeping issue you had in your room. Please accept my sincere apologies for this isolated incident. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you. I would also like to thank you for sharing pictures with us.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed with my wife, daughter & grandson. A king suite with 2 rooms worked well for us - I slept on the sofa bed which was quite comfortable. This a very nice hotel, right on the beach. It's an older hotel but our room, lobby area, restaurant and pool area all looked well maintained. We did not eat in the restaurant but the menu looked OK. There are no restaurants or shops really close by so a car is a necessity.

2  Thank jg32312

Dear jg32312,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and your family during your last visit to Melbourne Beach. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly service as we always want to be your first choice. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me directly.
Regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

.I really enjoyed stay this place plus housekeeping very friendly on 6 floor. THEY asking If I get everything in my room for my family. Thanks for good time there!!!! I would like to coming back again soon! And tell all my friends about this nice place....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Svitlana S

Dear Svitlana S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. The housekeeper that took care of your room during your stay was Hilda; I have recognized her for her efforts. Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I travelled to this hotel over the Christmas and New Years holidays to escape, for a couple of weeks, the Canadian winter. Really great hotel. Genuinely on the ocean. We stayed on the eighth floor in a nicely appointed suite. Very clean. Obliging staff. And, to our minds, reasonably priced. Great morning breakfast buffet. Each room is equipped with a large balcony with two chairs. Decore is restrained and tasteful. Staff always polite and obliging. The hotel is located on a great stretch of beach. On one day my wife and I walked for two hours to the north. I would describe the beach as "pristine". The weather can be chancy in Florida during December but we had many days of full sunshine and temperatures that ranged from the seventies to the eighties. Stephanie, at the main desk, struck as being an excellent on site manager. All of our requests were met quickly and without complaint. We'd rate this as one of our better experiences as we move between Canada, Italy, and the States. Free parking. Free internet. Room was equipped with coffee maker, microwave, and small bar fridge. Two large LG flatscreen TV sets. The bedroom fronts right on the Atlantic. Beautiful, well-maintained pool and a hot tub. Free towels for the beach. Complimentary newspapers. We will recommend this hotel to our son and daughter. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hope this review is helpful to any and all travellers. We enjoy bringing good, solid information to our fellow globetrotters. A definite A+++.

Room Tip: One of the higher rooms gives you a great view of the Atlantic. However every room has an unobstruc...
2  Thank vicoduomo

Dear Vicoduomo,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for writing such a nice 5 star review about our hotel. We appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guests and eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Dear Sirs,
While visiting relatives in the Melbourne, Florida area I decided to mix in a little business and scout out some hotel options for my company in preparation for a managers conference later this year. When I pulled up to the front of the hotel I wasn't too impressed, but once inside my opinion changed. My entire opinion of the hotel was changed by one employee that went out of her way to try and give me as much information as she could about the local area, and all of the amenities the hotel could offer, her name was Vienna. Even though she was busy with other guests and answering the phone she still managed to give me some personal time that made me feel like a valued customer. When I get back to the office early next week I am going to cast my vote that we hold the managers meeting in Melbourne at the Doubletree. Thank you Vienna, it is employees like you that deserve recognition.

Room Tip: all the rooms face the ocean, what can you say? how do you beat being able to open the curtains and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Liam D

Dear Liam D,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving our hotel a 5 star review! I have shared your kind comments with Vienna and I can gladly tell you that you also made her day. We do know that you have other options while traveling so thank you for making us your #1 choice. If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to contact me directly.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront