“Great Ocean Front Hotel”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Ma
“Great Ocean Front Hotel”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

DoubleTree Suites at Melbourne Beach was a great. Location couldn't have been any better. It was a very short walk from our room right to the beach. Buffet breakfast was wonderful each morning. Each staff member that we had contact with was pleasant and very accommodating. Front desk and house cleaning staff were all very nice as well. It was great having our own balcony overlooking the water. Wish we could have stayed longer. We will be sure to consider staying here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Oconnellgang
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Oconnellgang,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your recent 5 star review! We also wish you could have stayed longer, but there is always next time. I will pass along all your kind comments to the rest of our team. In the meantime, I hope you8 have a terrific day and hope to see you back soon.

carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very nice in almost every way. The poolside bar and breakfast are rather expensive. The room rate and everything else were very reasonable. I don't understand why they need 200 characters so I'm adding this sentence.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Alex M
Dear Alex M,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our hotel during your last visit to Melbourne Beach. Our team strives to ensure all our guests experience an "Excellent" stay, I was glad to hear we accomplished our goal with your stay. Please contact me direclty if you ever need accommodations in this area.

Regards,
Lakewood, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The staff at this hotel is terrific--they go above and beyond to help make your stay terrific. I would not hesitate to stay at this facility again. The only complaint is that the cooler in the room was a little louder than I would have preferred.

1 Thank Aaron S
Dear Aaron S,

First I would like to thank you for giving our hotel a 5 star review. I also would like to thank you for noticing how hard our staff works to provide the highest level of service you desrve. I will pass along all your kind comments to our team. Please contact me directly if you have any additonal comments regarding your stay.

Thank you very much!
Miami, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We arrived & were greeted by a friendly staff & warm cookie. At first, I advised upon our arrival that the person accompanying me on the trip was celebrating their birthday & if there was something special they could set up in our room. Luckily, there was, but unfortunately, upon our arrival on that day, there was nothing waiting in the room. I had to call the front desk a couple of times & I was finally sent a three piece cheesecake & a Happy Birthday card. The surprise was finally, complete. The rest of our stay was very pleasant & the ocean view was the icing on the cake. The room was very clean & the staff @ the restaurant in the lobby greeted us the next morning for breakfast, providing us with all the necessities to return to our room with our meal. We enjoyed ourselves very much, & look forward to booking with them again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Maria R
Dear Maria R,

Thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special day for you. I was dissapointed to hear that our timing was not perfect, but we were able to recover from it. Please let me know if I can ever be of further assistance to you, hopefully we get the chance to serve you again in the future, we'll have a warm cookie waiting for you.

Best wishes,
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed 3 February 2014

There are a few reasons why I could not give this hotel an excellent rating. First though I will give the positives. The beach is very close and rooms offer a great view. We had an ocean front room on the 8th floor. The tiki bar and pool area are very nice, although the pool could be a little warmer for January. The rooms are nicely decorated and spacious. The staff were all very friendly, especially the maids. The hotel is located in a quiet area, just a short drive to restaurants and shopping. Now for the negatives. Our biggest complaint was the small bathroom. The door almost hits the toilet bowl and it requires a certain amount of manuvering to get in and out. A sliding door would help a lot. The breakfast area was very nice but the service was lousy. We ate breakfast there five times and never once were we offered a refill on our coffee. The room was nice but there were some housekeeping issues. The shower had rust and the tile floor was cracked. The room was also showing some wear. For example the carpet needs to be replaced. Overall the hotel is nice and we will consider returning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rondot98
Carlos C, Owner at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear rondot98,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our view and location as well as the frinedly service you recieved from our staff. I have forwarded your comments you our restaurant and housekeeping managers, thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

carlo.cerda@hilton.com
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I travel to Melbourne often for work. This was my first time I have stayed at this hotel. I was concerned about the outside door entry as I thought it looked a little "sketchy and cheap". However I was pleasantly surprised! The room is large and you enter into the sitting area with a nice amount of space. The bedroom is in the back and faces the ocean! It was awesome to hear the ocean sound at night and it was extremely relaxing. In the morning I worked out in the gym and that too was very nice. It had 5 aerobic items and a full set of dumbbells for weight lifting. It was very clean and comfortable for working out. I will definitely be back for future stays!

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean views so I don't believe you could have a bad room. I would recommend...
1 Thank Carol M
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Carol M,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for giving our hotel a 5 star review! We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you during your visit to Melbourne Beach. We hope to become your number one choice during your future travels to this area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Conyers, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Although you can tell this is an older building, it is a very nice place. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and welcoming. I wish my stay had been longer to enable me to take advantage of the dining facilities, pool, beach, etc. The cookies are great!! The view from the balcony was very nice. I will be staying here again.

1 Thank Frank P
Dear Frank P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We also wish you could have stayed longer and really experience all the facilities and services we have to offer. We hope to see you back soon! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront