“Sleep with the sound of the ocean”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is a wonderful and comfortable hotel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. All of the rooms have balconies that open onto the ocean and you can sit out there and read and if you leave your balcony door open, go to sleep with the surf pounding the shore. It is directly on the beach so all you have to do is walk out the door and enjoy the sun and surf. It is much quieter than hotels down on Cocoa Beach and I highly recommend it!

3  Thank weheckman
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear weheckman,
We are so glad you had such a good night sleep with us! Thank you for recommending our hotels to others. We hope to see you back soon. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Regards,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)

Reviewed 10 February 2014

If you are looking to stay on/near the beach in this area, this is your hotel! The suites are very roomy and quiet, the decor is a little older, but clean and great views of the ocean. The small frig and microwave come in very handy as does the pod coffee maker.
Downstairs in the pool area, which is very nice and has plenty of lounge chairs, there is a small bar to grab a drink before hitting the water. The bartenders I encountered are super fantastic people to chat with, not to mention, they make pretty darn good drinks too!
There is also a dining area inside that I only ate breakfast at, but it was a very good and quite affordable.
This hotel is located directly on the beach and is close to other restaurants, grocery stores, and some shopping.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for couples or families as each suite has a sitting area with a separate tv and pull out double/queen sofa sleeper. And did I mention the beach being right there?!?
Good hotel for the money spent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cake65
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear cake65,

I am so glad you found our hotel and location friendly and suitable to your needs. I would like to thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel to other travelers. I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed our food and beverage and housekeeping teams, especially our bartenders. I have personally thanked them for their dedication to hospitality. We hope you come back soon!
Regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

When we drove up to the hotel we were not expecting such a bland looking huge old hotel with outside corridors, HOWEVER, we were delighted to see that all the rooms were truly suites with the back of the rooms opening up with sliding glass doors facing the ocean. Our room on the eighth floor was extremely clean and the beds had new, big thick comfortable mattresses. This hotel has obviously gone through continuing renovations to keep it up to date and comfortable. I see that some have complaints about the bathroom but we found it easy to maneuver and like the idea of having the shower and toilet in a separate room from the dressing/sink area. It was terrific that they got rid of the bathtubs and have stand up showers. The pool area is so lovely, overlooking the ocean, and we liked having the little bar and snack bar "Rios" right there. We were greeted so warmly by the very professional and caring staff. They definitely make you feel welcome. There is also a full service restaurant inside that serves up special dinners so if you didn't want to, you would never have to leave the hotel! We look forward to spending time there again soon.

Room Tip: We prefer high floors and the view from the high floor over the ocean was magnificent
1  Thank peanutsNewYork
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear peanutsNewYork,

A 5 star review coming from such an active Trip Advisor member means so much to us! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sure future travelers will find your review very useful while selecting hotels in this area. Please feel free to contact me directly whenever you have the time to spend more time with us.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Best Doubletree and big plus....on the ocean. Super staff, very clean with all amenities for a business traveler plus leisure amenities when it is time to relax. I will always stay here when in the Melbourne, FL. Area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Bonnie W,

Thank you for rating us as the best Doubletree you have stayed at! We work very hard to ensure all our guest experience an amazing stay. We happen to agree that we are the perfect hotel whether you are here on business or leisure. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the brand. We’ll see you soon!
Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I have reviewed this hotel before the last time being last year around this time. I have stayed here many times over the years and the hotel is well kept up. The staff is great and the meals are great at the restaurants. My only minor complaint is that the bathroom is a little small for a person who is 6' 5" tall and when I was rasing my arm, I had to be careful not to damage the bathroom's ceiling tile. Hope to return to this hotel nex year if not before

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Paul C,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service as we always want to be your first choice. Please feel to contact me directly next time you have plans to come to this area, I will personally handle your reservation.
Thank you very much!

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for five nights. I will start with the positives. The ocean view is wonderful. The pool and pool side bar/restaurant are nice. The beach and surrounding area is quiet and felt very safe. Furniture was in good shape and seemed fairly new. The staff were all very friendly. Now for the downside. The bathroom is ridiculous. It consists of a toilet and stand up shower in a tiny enclosure. It is so small that it's almost impossible to get in and out of. Unlike the rest of the room, the showers have not been remodeled. They have old tile with stained grout. The bathroom made the stay very inconvenient. Especially because we have children. The sink outside the bathroom was nice but there was not even a towel bar or hook to hang our travel bag. As far as cleanliness goes I was disappointed. There was something sticky all over the granite counter above the fridge and microwave as well as on the little dining table. We pulled the extra bedding out of the closet and the bed spread for the sofa bed was covered in black dog hair. To their credit they brought up new bedding immediately. The head board on one of the beds had something disgusting squished on it. The housekeepers were very nice but I just feel like a lot of things got missed. Overall, if the bathrooms got remodeled, we would probably give it another try.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank beachlover921

Dear beachlover921,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that our staff treated you with the care that you deserve. I have personally spoken to our Executive Housekeeper, to which I am assured that taken the necessary action to make sure this doesn’t happen again in the future. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for willing to give us another chance. Please contact me directly if you have any additional comments regarding your stay.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The online pictures do not do justice to this hotel. The exterior is very bland, but I was pleasantly surprised by the interior! Our suite was clean, attractive, spacious and the balcony over looking the beach was fabulous. The bathroom was tiny, but it had a huge shower. I absolutely loved the beach which is only a few steps away from the hotel's pool area. Most importantly, the service at this property was outstanding! Everyone from the front desk, to the housekeepers, and restaurant attendants were friendly and accommodating. All requests were handled with a smile and they absolutely made us feel welcomed and appreciated. We will definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor corner room! Their ocean views are the best!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your last visit to Melbourne Beach. We like to think of our guests as part of our family and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you get to relax by the pool and beach after your next marathon. We’ll be ready for your arrival.
Thank you very much!
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront