“A little dated but a great place for a weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Matthews, North Carolina
“A little dated but a great place for a weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Good location on Melbourne Beach. Great, Great employees with an attitude of friendliness and helpfulness.

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. For about $150 per night, you are on the ocean front. The pool bar has cheap drinks and a great bartendress.

I travel 150 nights annually so I know a little about bad hotels. This is not one of them. Great getaway place. Our golf group will definitely go back and stay again!!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front. Any floor is OK but I think the 4th or 5th floor is OK.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chip A
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Chip A,

I am glad you enjoyed your golfing vacation with us! We appreciate your feedback and recommendation to others. I will special thank our bartenders for their dedication to hospitality. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you. I am a golfer myself, so I can also make some recommendations to you.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Casselberry, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Our weekend away was calming and relaxing. Thank you to the friendly staff, your smiles carry on throughout the day. The view from our room was beautiful. I love this location it is close to downtown Melbourne if we want to walk around to shop and eat. Then come back to the hotel and relax.

2 Thank Jody W
Dear Jody W,

Thank you very much for spending the weekend with us. I will share your comments with our team so I can show them how far a simply smile can go. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. In the meantime, please feel to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.
Best wishes,
Georgia Coast, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed one night in February on our way to South Florida. What a treat! Our room was very clean, the bed quite comfortable, and our view of the ocean was fabulous. The sound of the crashing waves was quite relaxing!

1 Thank NewAdventurer2
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear NewAdventurer2,

I noticed that you are a very active Trip Advisor member so your kind comments and positive review means a lot to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and please feel free to contact me directly there is anything else I can do for you. We hope to get the chance to accommodate you again in the near future.
Hollywood SC, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

No hot water after only a few minutes. No hot water in the sink either. Told the front desk but don't think they could fix the problem during our short stay. Would probably not select this facility again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Robert W
Dear Robert W,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported through your review. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion. I have forwarded your comments to our Chief Engineer, to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action to ensure that the hot water issue is resolved immediately. I hope you give us a second chance to make a better impression on you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is the Friendliest hotel I have ever stayed at! On top of this the Views are amazing the rooms are amazing the breakfast is amazing the heated pool is actually heated. I can not say enough great things about this hotel! I am looking forward to staying at this hotel next year. This vacation was one of the best I have ever been on and it was 99% due to the hospitality of this hotel. Every single employee at this hotel goes above and beyond!

3 Thank Giovanni B
Dear johnbl1500RF,

We are so glad you had such an amazing stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and we value the opinion of our guests. In the event that I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Hospitably,
saint cloud, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This property was clean, friendly and relaxing. All the staff was accomodating and helpful. We had a wonderful time and will be back again. Great beach location. My mom sent us there for my 28th birthday and she had them put a cake in my room. Saint Cloud, Florida

2 Thank Russell J
Dear Russell J,

I would like to thank your mother for pointing you in our direction and you for allowing us to be part of your 28th birthday! I want you to know that our team works very hard to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with a friendly attentive service as we always want to be your first choice. In the event that I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

One of the best hotels on the beach. What a fantastic hotel, the rooms are great, comfortable, clean and roomy. From the front desk at check in , to the pool bar every employee is so friendly , and helpful. they make your stay a pleasure . Great food at the restaurant and the bar though small is a great place to meet people , kick back and relax

2 Thank retiredfelix
Dear retiredfelix,

Thank you for rating us as one of the best hotels on the beach! I will forward all your kind comments to the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hospitably,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront