“A beautiful setting”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was our third stay in 4 years at this hotel. We love the fact that we have a small balcony that overlooks the beach and we can leave our sliding-glass door open at night to sleep with the sound of the ocean. The room is more than adequate, with a comfortable bed and a separate sitting area. Free wi-fi is available. There is a nice pool and patio with bar and an easy entrance to the beach itself. The front desk ladies were friendly, offering the usual delicious Doubletree cookie each day. The only negatives I can give are: 1. that the stairway is in rather poor condition, with the metal edges of the individual stairs rusting and a pool of water at the base of the 3rd floor landing, which was there for 2 days. So if one had to get out in an emergency, there could be a problem. There are 2 elevators which were available during our stay, so not a problem for us. 2. There was mold in the grout of the shower.

Room Tip: We stay on the 3rd floor so we can keep our sliding-glass door open at night. And we are still low...
1  Thank lovetotraveleurope_9
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear lovetotraveleurope,

Thank you for visiting our property once again! We appreciate your feedback as an active Trip Advisor member. I will address the issue you presented to me and you will see the improvements during your next visit. I will pass along all your kind comments to the rest of our staff, especially the ladies at the front desk. We’ll have a warm cookie waiting for you!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed for a week and had a great time at Doubletree in Melbourne Fl. The people that work there are very friendly and helpful. I went with my elderly parents that needed a handicap excisable room. Did not use the ones located on the first or second floor due no ocean view, which was very important to myself and parents. The first and second floor has no view due to weeds and shrubs. The restrooms are very small and not made for older people or guest. You have to shut the door in toward the restroom that is very small toilet. The shower was fine. The hotel did place a handicap toilet seat on the restroom. They tried to make our stay pleasant as possible. The balcony was also very small, made just for two people and not that much room. The hotel staff was great and tried to meet all your needs. The restrooms and balcony is the downfall to this hotel. The staff is great and go out of their way to help you. The view is great, ocean front what more can you say.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 627billd

Dear 627billd,

Thank you for spending a whole week with us! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Our team strives to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service. We always want to be your first choice. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very nice hotel and great value. The breakfast is ok but way overpriced. Other hotels offer free breakfast, yours is better but price is still too high to do every day of the stay. Need more food options at hotel. I think an indoor bar/lounge with small food menu would be benefical. Outside Tiki bar is ok, very small but just not enough for entire hotel of that size. Would recommend more towels for rooms, being on the beach, and free wi fi like other hotels. Overall very nice place to stay. Rooms are very clean , and all rooms face ocean. Staff is outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeffrey I
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Jeffrey I,

We at the Doubletree Suites Melbourne Beach appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guest and are eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. Your suggestion about the bar is a great one, we are actually in the final stages of extending our bar and pool deck. I hope you get to see the changes during your next visit to this area. Our friendly staff and breathtaking views will be here waiting for you. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.
Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Although the room could use some updates and a thorough dust I would recommend a stay here. You are RIGHT on the beach. The beach is pristine, one of the best we have encountered during our visit to the area. Plenty of places to eat nearby, the refrigerator and microwave oven in the room made it convenient to have breakfast and lunch in the room. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back to watch the dolphins!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Pamela C

Dear Pamela C,

I am so glad you enjoyed our location and the layout of our suites. I can also tell you that we are in the process of updating some of the furniture in our rooms as well as our public spaces. Please contact me directly before you make reservations again, even though all our suites face the ocean, I can make sure you get one of the best.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Double Tree suites Melbourne Beach is a perfect choice to have a beautiful ocean front view from your own private suite. The hotel staff was very professional and did everything to make us have an amazing stay. I would definitely recommend this property. You really cant go wrong with getting a beautiful ocean front view from any room above the third floor.

2  Thank 932kurtw

Dear 932kurtw,

Thank you for labeling us as the “Perfect Choice” We are very grateful for your recent 5 star review of our property. Our team will get to read your kind comments with hope to see you back soon. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

did a long weekend here. the room was very very clean and everything worked! great view, nice two room layout. the staff was extremely friendly , and i mean all the staff !! I would stay there again with out even thinking twice about it!

2  Thank Peter T

Dear Peter T,

I am glad you found ALL our staff to be extremely friendly and attentive. Every guest is a valued guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your visit to Melbourne Beach. Please contact me directly whenever you are ready to make reservations. We’ll be ready for you!
Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here while spending a weekend at the beach. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and our meals were delicious. The staff was great. Doubletree is the best value on the beach as you get a two room suite with balcony for the price most good hotels charge for a standard room.

2  Thank James B

Dear James B,

I am glad you enjoyed the food and service at our hotel. Your feedback means a lot to us, we are very grateful for your 5 star review. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me directly,
Thank you!
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront