“OK place--depends on what YOU like”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Concord, MA
“OK place--depends on what YOU like”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have learned that the stars on Trip Advisor are relative to the clientele who go to that kind of place. We are a caviar taste family on a bologna budget. Bummer for us! We try to find the best hotel we can at the lowest price. The Double tree looked like it might be a good bet for us, but we left after two days. Had planned on staying four. The room was OK. The place is tired. Rug had stains, tiles in bath had some yucky grout, rust (it is beachfront) on doors, etc. The view was SPECTACULAR. The ocean is at your fingertips. The king bed was awesome. The sofa bed wasn't bad. The pool is too small for the crowd and there are never enough chairs. We bought a breakfast package and it was a good deal for the four of us and the food was fine. The staff here is tremendously kind and helpful, the building just needs a gut and a re-do. I would not go back here, but that's also because I think the whole area is too boring. We moved to Cocoa Beach, which has more action, but was pretty tacky. Stayed there one night then moved up to Ponte Vedra, the Marriott at Sawgrass which was FANTASTIC.

1 Thank solarmal
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear solarmal,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I was glad to hear that you found our staff and services suitable for your taste. I know our team works very hard to not only meet, but exceed expectations. I would like to inform you that we recognize that some areas of our hotel need some upgrading, and we are addressing these areas right now. I hope you change your mind and see the improvements during your next visit to this area. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me with any other comments or requests.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We chose this property as it is an "all suite" hotel and it did not disappoint!

The rooms were set up nicely, and they had a cheese and fruit tray waiting to welcome us. The rooms are spacious and clean with gorgeous views of the ocean. The location on the beach couldn't be better, and the sand was kept very clean.

The food in the restaurant was good, and service very friendly. The kids especially liked they kept cookies out by the front desk :)

The pool and café were a great place away from the ocean to chill. The only downfall was no tub for the little one, only a shower. However, the kids didn't seem to mind, and loved it so much they keep asking to go back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mommyto11978
Dear mommyto11978,

Please listen to your kids and come back to see us again! I was very proud to hear our team had something special waiting for you in your room, I am glad you enjoyed it. I will share your kind comments with our food and beverage department. I can promise that next time you visit; we’ll have a warm cookie waiting for you.
Thank you!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great location. Staff was incredible. Everyone! Happy and helpful. It almost seemed like they enjoyed our vacation as well. I have never dealt with a better quality of staff. From the moment we checked in to the time we left. The only complaint would be that the bathroom seemed to have an odor after we showered. Don't know if it was the water with maybe sulfur or what, but really not a big deal. The hotel was full but you would not know it. Very quiet, peaceful and always a chair at the pool. Great trip.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Dwayne1,

It is very rewarding to read comments like yours. We acknowledge that we have an amazing location but the biggest piece for us belongs to customer service. Your comments and comparison will inspire us to do even better. I will share your experience with the rest of our team and we'll be ready for your next visit. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thank you!
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Your Staff is Excellant. Our housekeepers for rm 508 was friendly and thorough in everything ! Andrew in the Dining room for breakfast was super friendly, and very attentive to our Coffee, taking used dishes, and very positive and upbeat. It was great to see Timmy on the Beach again, who shared current fishing information...and the Bartender with the mustache makes the afternoon..!.. The Breakfast bar..was super as it was in 2011, our first visit to Melbourne..!!...We will return...because of the excellent accomodations and value...!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 452karin,

We are so grateful for your recent 5 star review. We really appreciate when our guests take the time to mention specific employees who made a difference throughout their stay. I will special thank Tifanny your housekeeper, Andrew your server, and Jim your bartender for their dedication to hospitality. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you back soon. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Best wishes,

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very nice resort right on the beach. All rooms have water view and upper floors view is amazing. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone from maintenance staff to housekeeping to front desk were very personable and if you treated them as people and not servants were willing to offer lots of advice on dining and local attractions.

Dear Link17,

I was very pleased to read your comments this morning. I was even happier to hear that you received special service from all our team members. Kind comments from our guest inspire us to continue to find ways to make people feel at home. We know you have other choices in the area, so we are grateful you made us you #1 choice. Please contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed 3 nights at the hotel. It’s a very nice place although it does need some updating.
Rooms are clean and well taken care of the only complaint is a very small bathroom. The balcony could be a little larger too, it has a priceless view but only enough space for a couple of chairs, can’t even put a table there.
The hotel itself is very clean and staff is Very helpful and friendly. Pool is on a smaller side and could be crowded if hotel was full. The biggest issue I have with the hotel and why I have taken out one star is the fact that they don’t have a shower for guests to use before leaving. You have to checkout at noon and they are fine with you using beach towels and pool for the rest of the day but because there is no shower where you can wash up afterwards this service is essentially useless.
Beach is excellent and pricing for rent of umbrellas and chairs is very reasonable but they also very old and need replacing.
While you are there visit Cuban Island restaurant, only a few miles north A1A, great reasonably priced food.

Room Tip: choose higher floor if you can
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear sam g,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our team appreciates the opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our guest and is eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. I can happily inform you that we are in the process of updating our suites as well as our public spaces. We hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. We sincerely appreciate your business. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Bethesda, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. It was like staying at the Ritz. Great view of the ocean. Felt like I was living on a ship. Room was great to share with my mother who doesn't sleep well. She could close the door between the bedroom and living room and watch tv while I slept (like most people should at 2am). Frig and coffee maker in room a big help. Fantastic beds! Slept better than I have in months!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Kari F
Dear kari f,

Thank you for comparing our hotel a Ritz Carlton. It is always nice to hear that our guests not only enjoy our location, but that they were also able to relax and have a great night sleep. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon! In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Regards,
Carlos.cerda@hiilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront