“Exceptional Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Durham, United States
“Exceptional Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, exceptional customer service from the front desk to housekeeping to the guy that had the lounge chairs in front of the beach to room service! The room was clean and beautiful and the people were unbelievably kind to us and extremely service oriented. I would recommend this hotel to anyone anywhere in the world! Great staff! Great hotel right on the ocean!

1 Thank Tammy H
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Tammy H,

Your review was very special to me since it focused around customer service and not just our location. Our team will be proud to hear your comments. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to get to see you again in the near future. I will special thank our front desk and housekeeping staff for their dedication to hospitality.
Thank you very much!
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
College Park, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went to Florida to see the Nationals at Spring Training. The hotel location is less than thirty minutes from Spacecoast Stadium. Very easy commute. Very nice stay. Great location, on the ocean. Beach is nice and clean, plenty of things to do. Kayak, boogie board or just rest and enjoy the sun in your beach chair. The folks that worked at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. I would say at this location again no questions asked.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Charles S,

Thank you for visiting our hotel during the Nationals spring training. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and all of our facilities. Our staff works very hard to ensure all our guests feel like home and are always welcomed with a smile. I will share your kind comments with the rest of our team. In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Marshall, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I chose this hotel because of it's wonderful beach location. It is situated directly on the beach, nothing in front of it, it has a full straight on view of the ocean. It has it's own balcony, which was nice to be on and just look out to the ocean. We were there with our daughter, so it was nice to have the two room suite. . It was very nice to have a living room as well as the bedroom. The living room setup was very adequate with the table, couches, nice size refrigerator and microwave. We all very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We are planning on coming back again next year. I first had a reservation at International Palms Resort in Cocoa Beach, after reading more reviews I cancelled that reservation. We went and looked at that hotel while we were there, not impressed at all. So glad, that I cancelled there. The Hilton Doubletree location was excellent, and a lot more peaceful than being in Cocoa Beach. I would recommend the restaurant Grills to eat at over on the river.

1 Thank Debra Q
Dear Debra Q,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe our property with such detail. I was excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again next year! Our team is very proud of being the only direct oceanfront all suite hotel in the county. Please let me know if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Best wishes,
Owings, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed at this location for a week in March, 2014. This property is a former Quality Inn, taken over by DT. According to some staff there is a large-scale renovation scheduled to start later this year. All rooms face the ocean and we had a corner room (at an extra charge). The beauty of the corner room was not the enhanced view, but only having people on one side of us (see below).

The property seems a bit dated, but kudos to DT for providing an excellent staff and keeping the place clean and fresh. The rooms are suites and both the K bed and Q pullout were firm and comfortable. Furnishings were pretty nice as well. Bathroom is microscopic and it is difficult to stand in the room and close the door. Light is tied to a very noisy exhaust fan so bring a flashlight or nightlights for middle-of-the night trips. Walls are paper-thin and we could hear everything in the next suite, especially the daily 6:00 AM alarm (!). I gave sleep quality an "average" because of these drawbacks.

Staff were great and VERY courteous and helpful. We didn't eat any meals on the property but the bar staff were excellent and we visited them daily. Pool area was always full, or close to it and pool staff very attendant to picking up and keeping area clean and usable. This property seemed very kid-friendly as there were lots of them all having a great time.

Beach was beautiful and an easy access from the hotel. Hotel provides towels but you're on your own for chairs and umbrella. Of course there is a service right there, but at $20/d for an umbrella and 2 chairs, it's a bit steep for an extended visit. A week was probably one or two days too long for us at this property.

Room Tip: Get third floor or above for unobstructed view of ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank XJerzz
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear XJerzz,

Thank you for spending 1 week with us! I was happy to hear that our staff made you aware of some of the plans we have to upgrade our hotel. But I was even happier to hear that you found our staff to friendly and helpful. I will special thank our bartenders; Mike, Jim, and Lorrie for their dedication to hospitality. We hope you get to see all the improvements during your next visit to Melbourne Beach, please feel free to contact me directly so I can assure you get the same room type and location.
Best wishes,
Carlos .cerda@hilton.com
Concord, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have learned that the stars on Trip Advisor are relative to the clientele who go to that kind of place. We are a caviar taste family on a bologna budget. Bummer for us! We try to find the best hotel we can at the lowest price. The Double tree looked like it might be a good bet for us, but we left after two days. Had planned on staying four. The room was OK. The place is tired. Rug had stains, tiles in bath had some yucky grout, rust (it is beachfront) on doors, etc. The view was SPECTACULAR. The ocean is at your fingertips. The king bed was awesome. The sofa bed wasn't bad. The pool is too small for the crowd and there are never enough chairs. We bought a breakfast package and it was a good deal for the four of us and the food was fine. The staff here is tremendously kind and helpful, the building just needs a gut and a re-do. I would not go back here, but that's also because I think the whole area is too boring. We moved to Cocoa Beach, which has more action, but was pretty tacky. Stayed there one night then moved up to Ponte Vedra, the Marriott at Sawgrass which was FANTASTIC.

1 Thank solarmal
Dear solarmal,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I was glad to hear that you found our staff and services suitable for your taste. I know our team works very hard to not only meet, but exceed expectations. I would like to inform you that we recognize that some areas of our hotel need some upgrading, and we are addressing these areas right now. I hope you change your mind and see the improvements during your next visit to this area. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me with any other comments or requests.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We chose this property as it is an "all suite" hotel and it did not disappoint!

The rooms were set up nicely, and they had a cheese and fruit tray waiting to welcome us. The rooms are spacious and clean with gorgeous views of the ocean. The location on the beach couldn't be better, and the sand was kept very clean.

The food in the restaurant was good, and service very friendly. The kids especially liked they kept cookies out by the front desk :)

The pool and café were a great place away from the ocean to chill. The only downfall was no tub for the little one, only a shower. However, the kids didn't seem to mind, and loved it so much they keep asking to go back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mommyto11978
Dear mommyto11978,

Please listen to your kids and come back to see us again! I was very proud to hear our team had something special waiting for you in your room, I am glad you enjoyed it. I will share your kind comments with our food and beverage department. I can promise that next time you visit; we’ll have a warm cookie waiting for you.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great location. Staff was incredible. Everyone! Happy and helpful. It almost seemed like they enjoyed our vacation as well. I have never dealt with a better quality of staff. From the moment we checked in to the time we left. The only complaint would be that the bathroom seemed to have an odor after we showered. Don't know if it was the water with maybe sulfur or what, but really not a big deal. The hotel was full but you would not know it. Very quiet, peaceful and always a chair at the pool. Great trip.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Dwayne1,

It is very rewarding to read comments like yours. We acknowledge that we have an amazing location but the biggest piece for us belongs to customer service. Your comments and comparison will inspire us to do even better. I will share your experience with the rest of our team and we'll be ready for your next visit. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

Carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront