DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersGold level
Hampshire, Il., United States
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Beautiful view from our room sliding glass door. Easy access to Ocen front beach. Freindly staff and resturant food good. Relaxing! Pleanty of parking, will be going back for sure! What more can I say:-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Bruce W
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Bruce W,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you again. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautiful ocean views and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will forward your comments to the rest of our team. In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Thank you very much!
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Cypress, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great location, with your bedroom overlooking the ocean, and the ability to hear the waves and watch the surf. The living room/suite area is a huge plus giving you extra space without crowding the bedroom. The pool is great for the kids and the outside bar is a gift for parents or anyone going solo. I highly recommend this hotel for its layout and location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Leon M
Dear Leon m,

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to others. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and layout of our suites, we are very lucky! Please feel free to make any additional comments or suggestions on how to improve our hotel. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Overall experience good, we would stay at Double Tree by Hilton again; staff very helpful and accommodating,ample parking, very clean restaurant and lobby,great view of the ocean from top floors,the sound of the ocean at night from your room was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank 174howardm
Dear 174howardm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are willing to come visit again. Please contact me directly whenever you are ready to make reservations, I will be more than happy to assist you.
Best wishes,
Fairmont, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My friend and I stayed four nights at this resort and had a wonderful time! We sat on our balcony and watched the sun come up every morning. We sunned on the beach each day--very few people so it was like a private beach. The pool was very nice, too. Our suite was perfect for two friends--with different sleep schedules. The bedroom had a sliding door to provide privacy. We were especially impressed with Mike at the snack bar by the pool. He was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: You just can't beat an ocean view room! We watched the sunrise from our balcony and the sunset...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zebra71
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Zebra71

Thank you very much for your recent 5 star review. Coming from such an active Trip Advisor member, it has a special meaning to us! I loved to hear how you took advantage of our location and views, but most important that you took the time to mention Mike, our superstar bartender. I will special thank him for his dedication to hospitality. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.
Thank you very much!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel is nice, the suite was perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids. Every room has a view of the beach. The pool was crowded and it was pretty obvious that locals come to use it even though there is a sign prohibiting it. People come from the parking lot with beach bags etc. you would have to be blind to miss it. The bar is a cute touch and we bought lunch there one day and ate it on the beach. You can rent an umbrella and two chairs for $20 for the day which is great if you are only going to be there a day but if you are staying a week, I noticed people ran down to Walmart to buy two cheap chairs, just a suggestion. We did not eat in the restaurant. The room was very clean and I am a big fan of Hilton family hotels because they have very comfy mattresses. Room was updated and very clean. Staff at the front desk were okay but the weekend was a very busy one so I suspect they had some staffing issues. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would avoid the first floor unless you want to bypass the lobby. We were on 4 and it was perfect...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Peglegbbh
Dear peglegbbh,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We all appreciate your loyalty to our Hilton brand and cannot wait to see you back in the future. I will forward you kind comments to our housekeeping department, they work very hard to keep our hotel clean at all times. We are monitoring our public areas on a daily basis and we have implemented a bracelet system to ensure only registered guest enjoy our facilities. Please feel free to make any other comments or suggestions regarding your stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my fourth stay at the Doubletree Melbourne, and will definitely not be my last. This year I stayed on the 6th floor and had a gorgeous view of the ocean and all the way down the coast from my bedroom. The beach is almost a private one, so uncrowded. The room and entire property was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I got sick shortly after arrival, and they even sent a doctor to my door! The microwave and fridge in the room allowed us to have breakfast and lunch and snacks inexpensively. The shuttle was a marvelous plus--the most helpful driver (a retired engineer from NYC now settled in Melbourne---very knowledgable about restaurants and attractions--couldn't have been more helpful!) We could easily eat out and shop anywhere within a five mile radius of the hotel--a super feature.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on one of the top floors so you can enjoy the glorious room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank cody z
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear cody z,

Thank you very much for your continuous business! We hope you are feeling better, I was happy to hear that even though you were not feeling well, you were able to enjoy your time with us. I will forward your kind comments to the rest of our team and a special thank you to "Ritchie" our friendly shuttle driver. Please feel free to contact me before your next visit. I will be happy to personally make reservations for you.
Ocala< Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

First visit in a couple of years. We arrived early, around 10:00am, but a room was available and we checked in. Great view from 5th floor. Room was clean and staff was friendly. It's an older hotel, but looked like it had been updated. We love the "suite" layout. Beach access was easy. Very nice pool, and the loungers were very comfortable with pads. It's a quiet area, which we liked. And the price was reasonable for a beachfront hotel. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Book an upper floor for the best view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gene H
Dear Gene H,

Welcome back! Our team works hard to make sure all our guests get as much beach time as possible, so I was happy to hear we were able to get you in prior to check in time. Please feel free to share any feedback with us, comments from our guests enable us to continually improve, exceed our service. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon!
Best wishes,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront