DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights for a wedding. Room was clean and comfortable, although the bathroom is very small. Pool was nice and hotel has very easy access to the beach. They also allow you to rent towels you can take onto the beach, which was very helpful! You can also rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach, but they are somewhat pricey. This hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast which was very disappointing considering the price of the rooms. All breakfast must be purchased and to just get a basic continental breakfast, it is $10. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha S
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear mrs_b1017,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I hope you had fun at the wedding, congratulations to the bride and groom! Our team works very hard to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with the type of service you'll remember when you get home. Thank you for noticing our efforts, I will share your kind comments with the rest of our team. I am sorry if you were dissapointed with our breakfast. Please note that we have more than Continental options, I hope you were able to look at the entire room and menu. I will be more than happy to treat you breakfast during your next visit to Melbourne Beach. Please contact me directly if I can be of any help to you.
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,134)

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute decision to stay here. Picked it from the Trip Advisor reviews. The staff was very nice. We asked for a room 4th floor or above. We got the 6th floor. The room had a beautiful view. It smelled musty but not enough to change rooms. It was clean but needed updating. Pool was clean. The property was nice but needs to be renovated to bing it to it's potential.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mlinla

Dear mlinla,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am excited to inform you that our hotel will be upgraded very soon, we are not only making improvements in all our suites, but we are doing great work on all our public spaces, especially our pool deck. I hope you get to come back and see all the improvements. Thank you for stopping by, we hope you have a great summer. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The view from the balcony is awesome. The hotel is very close to the beach so you only step a few feet and you are at the ocean. You do not need to lug all your beach gear a great distance. Lounges and umbrellas can be rented. The temperature of the swimming pool is perfect. My grandson said, "I think I could get used to living here."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nanagina

Dear nanagina,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your recent 5 star review. Please tell your grandson that he can come back anytime he wants! I also think that the beach is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to carry all your gear so far away, I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you back soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Bathroom was the smallest we've ever been in in our lives. The door nearly hit the toilet. Neither one of us are big people, but we couldn't turn around. No place to lay anything in bathroom. No lavatory in the bathroom. No tub, just a shower. Guess we should have researched that. Floor wasn't so clean. Neighbors slammed their door and our whole room shook every time. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry D
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Jerry D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I was happy to hear that you liked our bedding, we believe that getting a good night sleep while traveling is very important to all our guests. I would like to apologize to you if our bathroom size an layout did not meet your expectations. I can only hope that this doesn't discourage you from visiting again. Please feel free to make any additional comments or suggestions regarding our hotel.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I drove up to meet a high school friend and his wife for the night. Excellent room. They weer able to put our rooms next to each other. We went to dinner, hung out at the bar and had breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank maria425

Dear maria425,

Thank you very much for letting us be part of such a special occasion. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your time with your friend and look forward to seeing you in the future. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

clean room nice size for 3 people ( would be crowded if you did the advertised 6 people - nice staff great view even from the 2nd floor. The pool area and bar was always kept clean and staffed with nice people, the beach was excellent and the ocean was easy to enjoy, not to deep, not steep but plenty of waves if you wanted.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin H

Dear Kevin H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I was very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and friendly. We do know you have other options so I thank you for choosing our hotel during your last visit to Melbourne Beach. In the event that I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Did not like we were only offered a queen bed. I dont believe there wasnt another king available. They never told us it was a handicap room. Called and asked to be moved and they said no. Balcony had a very heavy door that we couldnt leave open to enjoy the view. The floor leading to the middle room, the bath area, sloped upward which I stumbled on many times. Could be dangerous. Room 510.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank S3999HPrichardd

Dear S3999HPrichardd,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your last visit. I am sorry that we were unable to offer you a different room type throughout your stay. I will make sure our maintenance department takes a look at the sliding balcony door in room #510. Our doors are storm resistant so they do tend to be a little bit heavier than normal. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope you give us another try, I can make sure you get a King size room, I am confident that you would leave our hotel with a very different impression.
Hospitably,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront