My husband and I just stayed here for an extended memorial day weekend while we were visiting friends in the area.
-The stretch of beach that the hotel is located on is lovely. Soft sand, relatively calm ocean, and not too crowded, even on holiday weekends.
-Every staff member we spoke with was extremely friendly and accommodating. We had zero problems with service and were always greeted with smiles and genuine helpfulness.
-I personally LOVE all Hilton chain beds. The beds here were definitely up to their usual high standards--I slept well (almost too well, I had trouble getting up!) every night.
-The pool deck area was convenient and nice. Nothing super special about it, but it was nice.
-It was great to have a poolside grill steps away from the beach for when we were hungry but didn't want to leave the beach yet. The food quality was pretty good.
-Paid a little extra for daily breakfast buffet vouchers--totally worth it. They had trays of all the basic hot and cold breakfast things, from croissants, pastries, fruit and cereals, to eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, potatoes, french toast and pancakes. It was typical quality, good enough to be satisfying and worth the little extra money, but nothing amazing.
-Ate dinner at the restaurant one night, overall the food was pretty good. I would highly recommend the seafood, all of the different fish and seafood we sampled was wonderful. The steak was a bit disappointing.
-Free amazing warm chocolate chip walnut cookies at the front desk! (This is Doubletree, after all) :)
-The rooms seemed a little out of date to me, with older furniture and little decor. The bathroom was arranged in a manner that made it very cramped to move in and out of. And the porch door was impossible to open without throwing my entire body weight against it.
-The AC in our room was hardly effective. It kept the room from turning into a sauna, but never once did the thermostat drop below 76, despite being set at 70 and running constantly.
-We didn't realize that the ground floors had NO view whatsoever, do to complete obstruction by bushes along the dunes. It would be nice if the hotel website indicated that only the upper floors have ocean views, as I would have chosen on of those for the same price if I'd known.
Overall, this place was a great value for spending 4 days in Florida along a lovely beach, and I would return for future short visits. However, If I were planning to stay any longer, I'd look for something a bit more impressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TravelUp, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Florida