DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Monterey Motel(Indialantic)
    • Pool
    • Beachfront
    Great 4.5/5
    Oceanique Resort(Indian Harbour Beach)
    Average 3/5
    2,190 results
    All reviewsdouble treepocket doorcookiesfront deskmelbourne beachtoilet and showerocean viewliving roompool deckfirst floorbreakfast buffetnice beachhot tubrooms face the oceanbeach accesscocoa beachpoolside bar
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at this Double Tree for 3 nights. The room was freshly remodeled and very comfortable. The service folks were extremely delightful. We are total beach people so we were out early and stayed late on the beach. For people that stay by the pool - the pool area did seem a little small but very clean and well kept. Overall we totally enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
    2  Thank Nancy M
    Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Nancy M,

We are so happy to hear you had an EXCELLENT stay! If you are a beach person, then you are right, we are the perfect place for you. Service excellence is something we strive for every day, it is very rewarding to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. In the event that I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
    Best wishes,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been going to this hotel for over 25 years. It used to be a Quality Suites until a hurricane damaged it in the mid nineties. Hilton came in an remodeled it and it's better than ever! It is an all suite hotel. Bedroom, bath and living room. The past three years I've stayed for two weeks at a time. I've never had a problem that was not taken care of immediately. The staff are very friendly and housekeeping is excellent. The oceanfront view is wonderful, nice pool and the poolside eatery is very good. We had room service a couple of times and it was always hot when it arrived to the room. I plan on going back for many more years!

Room Tip: There are handicapped accessible rooms on the first floor.
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
    4  Thank DanaByron_IL

Dear DanaByron_IL,

WOW!!!
    We sincerely appreciate your patronage over the last 25 years! Thank you for the great 5-Star review. We are so pleased to hear how you continue to enjoy our friendly, helpful staff, our clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. I would like to personally welcome you during your next visit, please contact me directly so I can make all the arrangements for you.
    Thank you!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Outstanding hotel on Melbourne Beach. Nice suites all oceanfront very clean and spacious. The staff is superb and the breakfast is outstanding. I would recommend to anyone looking for a true beachfront location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
    3  Thank Paul1948nov

Dear Paul1948nov,

A recommendation from someone that has traveled as much as you have means a lot to us. Thank you very much for choosing us during your visit to Melbourne Beach. We strive to provide an exceptional experience to all our guests. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.
    Hospitably,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I just stayed here for an extended memorial day weekend while we were visiting friends in the area.

Pros:
    -The stretch of beach that the hotel is located on is lovely. Soft sand, relatively calm ocean, and not too crowded, even on holiday weekends.
    -Every staff member we spoke with was extremely friendly and accommodating. We had zero problems with service and were always greeted with smiles and genuine helpfulness.
    -I personally LOVE all Hilton chain beds. The beds here were definitely up to their usual high standards--I slept well (almost too well, I had trouble getting up!) every night.
    -The pool deck area was convenient and nice. Nothing super special about it, but it was nice.
    -It was great to have a poolside grill steps away from the beach for when we were hungry but didn't want to leave the beach yet. The food quality was pretty good.
    -Paid a little extra for daily breakfast buffet vouchers--totally worth it. They had trays of all the basic hot and cold breakfast things, from croissants, pastries, fruit and cereals, to eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, potatoes, french toast and pancakes. It was typical quality, good enough to be satisfying and worth the little extra money, but nothing amazing.
    -Ate dinner at the restaurant one night, overall the food was pretty good. I would highly recommend the seafood, all of the different fish and seafood we sampled was wonderful. The steak was a bit disappointing.
    -Free amazing warm chocolate chip walnut cookies at the front desk! (This is Doubletree, after all) :)

Cons:
    -The rooms seemed a little out of date to me, with older furniture and little decor. The bathroom was arranged in a manner that made it very cramped to move in and out of. And the porch door was impossible to open without throwing my entire body weight against it.
    -The AC in our room was hardly effective. It kept the room from turning into a sauna, but never once did the thermostat drop below 76, despite being set at 70 and running constantly.
    -We didn't realize that the ground floors had NO view whatsoever, do to complete obstruction by bushes along the dunes. It would be nice if the hotel website indicated that only the upper floors have ocean views, as I would have chosen on of those for the same price if I'd known.

Overall, this place was a great value for spending 4 days in Florida along a lovely beach, and I would return for future short visits. However, If I were planning to stay any longer, I'd look for something a bit more impressive.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms--the ocean view is completely obscured by large bushes along the dunes.
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Danielle M

Dear Danielle M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I enjoyed reading all the positive comments you made, especially the ones about our amazing staff. A comfortable night sleep is indeed a benchmark of any Hilton property, I don't blame you for wanting to sleep more. We appreciate the fact that you tried pretty much everything we have to offer; from our outside bar/grill, to our in-door restaurant. I apologize if you were disappointed with the location of your room. Some people prefer those rooms because they have direct beach access right from the patio, but I can understand how important the view is as well. Please call me directly during your next visit, I will make sure you get a high floor with an amazing view next time.
    Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Awesome experience over the Holiday weekend. All suites face the beach. Enjoyed the stay but pool experience made the difference. Great setting. They had live music in the afternoon. Try the Rios Bar & Grill. Specialty drinks were out of the world. You can drop down to the beach, take a dip and back to the pool.

My wife and I will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank oldtravelerOklahoma

Dear oldtravelerOklahoma,

It is an honor to receive such a wonderful review from a "Senior Contributor", I noticed that you have been reviewing properties since 2009. Thank you very much for spending Memorial Day Weekend with us, please note that we will be offering Live Entertainment on our pool deck all summer long, we can't wait to serve you again! Please contact me directly when the time comes to make reservations.
    Always at your service,