“SOME DISATISFACTION”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visit this location about two times a year since it became Double Tree . I tell everyone I know it is the best location on the Atlantic Coast between Daytona and Melbourne . Bet I have referred 100 families . Even when I lived in Atlanta for 8 years ,I stayed twice a year at this Hotel . Only complaint in all those time was mildew in showers ,two times . Only mentioned because I wanted those who stayed such as my recommendations to be happy with stay .Love the Hotel and staff and reservations have been great till now . My daughter booked reservations the same day as me . She is young mother , limited funds . Took her here many times ,reason she wants to stay My rate $115 per night , My daughter $139 for the next week . I questioned when I arrived .Was advised "the days of the week . Rates change daily .That is what computer tells them to do " . Manager saying computer makes that decision is bad choice of words . Still was not satisfied with her answer ,do not believe difference of $115 to $139 in one week when booked on same day . Do not think I have ever paid that much regardless of time of week or year . Say again one of my favorite places to relax . Been from Italy to Brazil and have not found a place I enjoy staying any better . Area elsewhere different but hard to beat rooms ,view , general layout of Hotel .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank robertmM9666GX
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear robertnM9666GX,

Let me start by thanking you for your loyalty over the last 20 years or so, it is always exciting to hear from guests who have stayed here before the Doubletree Suites by Hilton conversion. It brought me great pleasure to hear that you think of us as one of your most favorite places to stay, especially because you have traveled so much! That is a great complement. I also want to take this opportunity to apologize to you for your less than perfect experience during your last visit. Last thing we wanted to do was to distract you from spending time with your daughter. I want you to know that we are in the process of replacing the shower grout in all our bathrooms; we have completed the South tower and will continue with the North tower in August. I was sorry to hear that we failed to give you a better explanation regarding our rate structure. I would like to get the opportunity to talk to you in person so we can together figure this out. I would never want you to leave our hotel with a bad impression. Please feel free to contact me directly.
At your service,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately our door would not open and a maintenance man had to be called to open the door. We were moved to the 9th floor at 9:45 pm. Inconvenient but bearable. The A/C was upgraded on May 29 so we had no A/C for several hours. The staff was accommodating and no issues with this inconvenience. We were poolside anyway. I would recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Rhonda S

Dear Rhonda S,

I appreciate the opportunity to thank you for your business and for being so patient with us during our cooling tower upgrade. Our A/C is working better than ever, and I hope you get to feel the improvements during your next visit. I was also very happy to hear our team reacted quickly and found a better room for you right away; I hope you enjoyed the view from our top floor. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Thank you!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family and I just spent 4 days, 3 nights at this hotel and we LOVED it! The staff was very friendly, everything was super clean, and we loved that the area wasn't so touristy. The rooms were perfect. The separate bedroom and living area/kitchen were super nice for our small children who went to sleep earlier than us. I've always said that I never understood why people vacationed to the same place when there is so much to see...now I get it. I can't wait to go back!

4  Thank 222merryl

Dear Merry L,

We LOVED having you here as well, thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our team works very hard to provide you a room that is clean and with 1st class service, I am glad to hear that we achieved our goal during your stay. We can’t wait for you to come back, please contact me directly so I can personally make the arrangements for you.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This Hotel goes above and beyond customer service!! Your Suite is clean and perfect for a family vacation on the beach!!! Excellent Breakfast buffet & the chocolate chip cookies are always welcomed... We have stayed at this hotel now on several occasions and find it utmost pleasurable for our Vacation needs.. Thank you for your hotel's hospitality to your wonderful smelling rooms!!!! WE will repeat once again this September... Highly recommend your DD TREE HOTEL.... THANKS!!!!!

3  Thank Denise B

Dear Denise B,

Thank you very much for your awesome review!
We know we have the best views in the county, but customer service is just as important to us, I was very excited to hear we continue to give you the 1st class service you deserve. We also appreciate your recommendation to other; social media is a great way to reach out to millions of people, so thank you very much for your kind words. Please contact me directly next time you come visit, I will have a warm cookie waiting for you!
At your service,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is my go to hotel when I visit the space coast. I like the balconies and the views. Big rooms but the bathroom is very small. Good breakfast buffet free for Hilton Gold and Diamond members. Don't know the price for others. The cats are cool to look at by the pool.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Vin B

Dear Tony B,

It is an honor being your “go to” hotel in the Melbourne Beach area! We appreciate your loyalty to us and our Hilton brand. Complimentary breakfast is one of many privileges earned by a Diamond and Gold members, and I am glad you enjoyed them. Please feel free to make any other comments or suggestions regarding our hotel. In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can further assist you.
Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I admit 4 stars is on the high side, for really what is a 3 or 3 1/2 star hotel, but the combination of the price, service and location is too good for anything less than a 4 rating. On the beach, with every room facing the ocean. Balcony. Clean. Courteous. Convenient location. Great staff. Free coffee in the morning, in the lobby, along with your choice of newspaper. Spacious rooms, with separate bedroom, bar fridge, microwave & coffee maker. Great breakfast buffets, delicious poolside drinks and food. Wonderful beachfront. About the only inconvenience is the lack of chairs/umbrellas for hotel guests at the beach. There is a rental option, which can get expensive for $20/day for 2 chairs & umbrella. We stop off at Sam's club nearby, or the Walmart down the street, buy a couple of chairs and umbrellas, and have the convenience of using them on our own schedule. If you stay 5 days it pretty well pays for itself. You can save more money by picking up breakfast and snack items down the street at the grocery store, and use the fridge in your room. Very handy, and a nice option if you have hungry kids all the time. We've been here a few times and have been very happy with this hotel. Washer/dryers on 2nd floor also a great convenience. We'll be back !
If you like rocket launches, drive 30 minutes to Cocoa Beach and you've got a great view from the pier. We saw 2 our last visit.
Only 90 minutes to Disneyworld, which we often do if we hit a rainy day. Easy to do a day trip, or hit downtown Disney for dinner and shopping.
Try the Friendly's restaurant 5 mins. down the road - great food, very inexpensive. Also Coaster's Pub.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Itsneverlongenough

Dear itsneverlongenough,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe our hotel with such detail. We appreciate your continuous business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. I do want you to know that we are scheduled to expand our pool deck to include more sitting spaces; we should be completed before the end of this year. We hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. I was glad to hear that you were able to enjoy 2 rocket launches, please keep in mind that our guests can also enjoy a great view of this right form our balconies. Thanks again for the review and recommendation and please contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have spent a few enjoyable weekends away at the Melbourne Beach Hilton and we love the ambiance, the well kept rooms and the service in the dining room. It is always enjoyable sitting poolside and smelling the fresh salt air and breezes.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach side room to enjoy the gorgeous views, fresh air and breezes from the balcony. High...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teacher20052013
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Teacher20052013,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful 5-Star review! We appreciate your loyalty and hope to remain your #1 choice. Please feel free to make any additional comments or suggestions regarding our hotel. In the meantime I wish you a great summer.
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront