DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Exceptional guest service throughout my stay. This is the second time I have stayed at Double Tree at this particular location and my experiences there have been wonderful. The rooms are of contemporary design and great comfort. With each room having the ocean view and a friendly hotel staff, nothing could compare to a great moment of down time than here at Double tree.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Melody A
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Melody A,

I was thrilled to hear you experience exceptional service at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure all our guests leave with the same impression. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the design of our rooms. Please feel free to share any other comments with us. You can reach me at the email below.
Thank you!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent hotel with a great staff. Very helpful to me and my girlfriend when we needed anything. The dining room served great tasting food. The location on the oceanfront was breathtaking. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Daniel D,

I was thrilled to hear you had an EXCELLENT stay with us! That is what our team strives for so I will make sure I share your kind comments with them. We appreciate your recommendation to other travelers and please come back and see us again! Contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.
Regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. The hotel is right on a beautiful sandy beach and the room had a balcony looking out over the ocean. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel pool was clean and not too busy when we were there. The beach was very clean too and not at all crowded.
One highlight was watching the pelicans flying past the balcony and hunting over the sea!
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Geoff P

Dear GeoffP,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are so pleased to hear how you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff, our clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. It was a pleasure serving you for 1 week and hope you welcome you back in the near future. Please contact me directly whenever you are ready to make reservations.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed for 6 night, beautiful beaches with view over the ocean, private balcony, clean and spacious, friendly, laid back staff, within easy reach of Kennedy Space Centre and Orlando but felt a million miles away from the hotels of International drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PoppyP1

Dear PoppyP1,

We are thrilled you had a fantastic time with us! We are also honored that you took the time to share your wonderful experience with others, it means a lot coming from someone who is as well traveled as you are. Please feel free to make any additional comments or suggestions regarding our hotel.
Thank you very much!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our family has stayed here three times in the last year and it always delivers on a great time. We live only a few hours away, yet you feel as if you have been transported to a tropical island. There is often a guitarist playing poolside that washes away the stress of everyday life. Rooms are clean and the balcony overlooking the ocean was great too. We boogie boarded in the surf, relaxed by the pool, and had an overall great time. Rooms are a little small, but we were only in our rooms to change and sleep! :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jaime L
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Jaime L,

Thank you very much for staying with us every time you visit this area. 3 times per year makes you a very loyal guest and we are grateful for that. I love to read when our guests fully enjoy the outdoor activities we have to offer while still finding the time to relax and let us serve you. For future references, we offer live entertainment every Friday night inside our restaurant, and Saturdays and Sundays by the pool deck. Please contact me directly whenever you are ready to visit again, I would like to personally take care of your reservation.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room and facilities were clean and the facility had friendly staff. The downside was the air conditioner in the tiki bar was broken and it was very hot. Also, you must have a car when you are there as all of the restaurants', bars, and attractions are not within walking distance. The restaurant was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chuck D

Dear Chuck D,

Thank you very much for staying and dining with us, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I was happy to hear that you experienced a clean hotel with friendly staff; I do however apologize for the AC issue in our pool bar. I can happily tell you that we have received a brand new unit which will make that room so much more enjoyable for our guests. I am so sorry if this was an inconvenience to you. I hope you get to come back and enjoy our hotel during your next visit to Melbourne Beach. In the meantime, please contact me directly if can be of any help to you.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visit this location about two times a year since it became Double Tree . I tell everyone I know it is the best location on the Atlantic Coast between Daytona and Melbourne . Bet I have referred 100 families . Even when I lived in Atlanta for 8 years ,I stayed twice a year at this Hotel . Only complaint in all those time was mildew in showers ,two times . Only mentioned because I wanted those who stayed such as my recommendations to be happy with stay .Love the Hotel and staff and reservations have been great till now . My daughter booked reservations the same day as me . She is young mother , limited funds . Took her here many times ,reason she wants to stay My rate $115 per night , My daughter $139 for the next week . I questioned when I arrived .Was advised "the days of the week . Rates change daily .That is what computer tells them to do " . Manager saying computer makes that decision is bad choice of words . Still was not satisfied with her answer ,do not believe difference of $115 to $139 in one week when booked on same day . Do not think I have ever paid that much regardless of time of week or year . Say again one of my favorite places to relax . Been from Italy to Brazil and have not found a place I enjoy staying any better . Area elsewhere different but hard to beat rooms ,view , general layout of Hotel .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank robertmM9666GX
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear robertnM9666GX,

Let me start by thanking you for your loyalty over the last 20 years or so, it is always exciting to hear from guests who have stayed here before the Doubletree Suites by Hilton conversion. It brought me great pleasure to hear that you think of us as one of your most favorite places to stay, especially because you have traveled so much! That is a great complement. I also want to take this opportunity to apologize to you for your less than perfect experience during your last visit. Last thing we wanted to do was to distract you from spending time with your daughter. I want you to know that we are in the process of replacing the shower grout in all our bathrooms; we have completed the South tower and will continue with the North tower in August. I was sorry to hear that we failed to give you a better explanation regarding our rate structure. I would like to get the opportunity to talk to you in person so we can together figure this out. I would never want you to leave our hotel with a bad impression. Please feel free to contact me directly.
At your service,
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront