“Nice one night stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Indian Rocks Beach, United States
“Nice one night stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night on Father's Day and were pleased with it. The value is good for the area and the location on the beach was good. Every room has an ocean view with a balcony. Didn't use the pool but it appeared nice. Walked the beach but did not try the water nor did many others. Check in was smooth and personnel friendly. There are a few quirks however. The air conditioning had a tough time maintaining the temperature and shuts off for 5 minutes if you open the patio door so we never opened it! Also the room had the smallest bathroom I have ever seen - you have to stand in the corner behind the toilet to open or close the door which clears the toilet by inches!

2 Thank James Q
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear James Q,

Thank you very much for spending Father's Day with us! I was happy to hear that you received friendly and attentive service from our staff. I apologize if the sensors on our A/C units were an inconvenience to you. We have them in place so the unit doesn't freeze up while the balcony door is open. Unfortunately we cannot help the size of our bathrooms, but I hope that our cleanliness standards exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and please feel free to make any additional comments or suggestions regarding our hotel.
At your service,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Palm Bay, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here and were very pleased with it. The value is fantastic and the location on the beach was perfect. Every room has an ocean view with a balcony. I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was great. I will stay her again for sure!

2 Thank James G
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear James G,

Thank you for your glowing recommendation! We strive to provide exceptional service and accommodations to all our guests. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future. Please contact me directly when the time comes to make reservations.
At your service,
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staff was friendly, lobby was clean, and service was prompt. Beach was nice. Otherwise rooms were run down a bit and very cramped. Lobby was small and cramped, taken up completely by restaurant. Strong smells everywhere in Hotel. Garbage on our floor by elevator, always smelled of dirty diapers, held breath to get on elevator. Garbage in pool areas always over flowing. Tiny bar area, looked like a cubicle inside. Nothing about this hotel seemed like a Hilton to us. Would stay at a different hotel if I ever returned to the area. The hot tub and pool looked dirty, and usually hot tub was still, not bubbling. We never went in either just went to the beach. The pool area was small and cramped as well.

Dear Caroline Z,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for your less than perfect stay with us. Please note that I have shared your review with the rest of our team, and we are all very disappointed that you did not receive our normally high standards of service. If it's not too much trouble, would I be able to talk to you, I would love the opportunity to make things right. Please contact me directly.
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room was nice and reasonably priced, clean, looking out at the ocean but other than that I wasn't overly impressed. To rent a movie in the room it is $17.99 (I've stayed in a lot of first class places and never was a movie so expensive!.) Breakfast ran about $30 which, if the food was really good, is not exorbitant but the home fries were cold and soggy, over medium eggs were over hard, and toast really dry. The room service sandwich was about $30 which again not too high if it was delicious! I guess what I'm saying is stay there if you'd like a reasonably priced, clean room where the staff is friendly but don't eat there or rent a movie! There are several restaurants close by that have MUCH better, far much more reasonably priced fare and, as a matter of fact, I believe there's a movie theater not too far away!

Room Tip: Rooms are all quite nice, the higher the room the better the view! 8th floor is great!
2 Thank SuzieSparkles
Dear SuzieSparkles,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible and I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service and our clean comfortable rooms. Please accept our sincere apologies if our all you can eat breakfast did not exceed your expectations. The price of our breakfast is $13 so I am guessing you had 2 people in your party? I will meet with our F&B team to see if we can extend some of the items we offer so we can build better value to our existing buffet. Please keep in mind that you don't have to get the all you can eat buffet, we also offer a la carte items at a lower price. I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please contact me directly, next breakfast is on me!
Thank you.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for one night recently. The check in staff was very friendly and let us check in early as weather was rainy. Our room/suite was very comfortable and looked over the water. The other guests hanging around the pool were very family oriented and no excessive drinking. The guitar player on Saturday played instrumental music on the guitar taking me back to my college days in the dorm. We would definitely stay here again! Also check out is 12noon which gave us an extra hour that most hotels don't give for your check out morning. Thanks again for a very comfortable stay.
Jane H

2 Thank Jaanfuho
Dear Jaanfuho,

We appreciate your kind and detailed review of your experience at our hotel. Adding live entertainment to our pool deck was a great decision and we are glad you enjoyed it! We hope that next time you can spend more than 1 night with us. Please let me know if can be of any assistance to you.
Thank you!
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is spotless and has a gorgeous view of the Atlantic. The staff is friendly and the food was very good. We were on the 6th floor and it was very quiet. Beds are comfortable and we both slept good.

2 Thank happytraveler0912
Dear happytraveler0912,

Based on your 5-star review, I take it as if you are still a "happy traveler"! Thank you for sharing such wonderful words like "spotless" with other travelers, it means a lot to us. Our F&B department will be excited to hear you enjoyed our food. Please keep my information with you in case I can ever be of further assistance. In the meantime, we at the Doubletree Melbourne Beach wish you a great, healthy summer!
Montverde, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff were super friendly, the hotel was really clean. They accommodated me and family wonderful. We will definitely return to this hotel. Excellent service!! They also gave us a late check out so we could enjoy the pool and beach a little longer. We did not want to leave in the end.

2 Thank Tana H
Dear Tana H,

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff, our clean and comfortable rooms. We will always do our best to make sure all our guests enjoy as much beach time as possible, I was happy to read we were able to grant a late check out for you. With so many choices, we thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please feel free to make any additional comments or suggestion regarding our hotel.
Best wishes,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront