DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrived the day after a storm ruined the grill and grill ventilation system hence a very limited menu. Was advised upon arrival about this however only cold water in the shower was not mentioned. The gym was hot and uncomfortable, both treadmills needs care and repair. The bartender was nice and personable however the bar is just a hole in the wall. Expect more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear SoloGenova,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very important to us, especially since you have reviewed so many properties. Unfortunately you came to us during a very difficult weekend, the storm really affected some of our equipment and created some unfamiliar challenges for us. I was happy to hear our team informed you of what was going on, and I am hoping we made you feel as comfortable as we could. Please note that our hotel is back to normal and we hope you get the chance to stay with us again. Both treadmills were fixed, and we are actually expanding our pool deck and bar area before the end of the year. On behalf of our entire team, I sincerely apologize for any disappointment this stay has caused you.
Regards,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here with our children for the weekend. I must say they the hotel is extremely clean and the employees are very nice and friendly. Once we got to our room I was a bit let down. It is very small. We upgraded to a side room but I was disappointed that the balcony did not wrap around. The balcony was so narrow there was not even a small table out side. The bathroom was my least favorite. It is just a bit wider than a bathroom stall so the shower could be put in. We had a few issues also. The lock on our door wouldn't let us in and then we had no hot water. The lock was quickly fixed but we had to find out ourselves that the hot water was on since no one callled our room (we never even left our room because we needed to take showers to go to dinner). Our housekeeper Jennifer was awesome! She went above and beyond. I think this is a great hotel for a couple or maybe 3 people but not a family.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear kgrant80,

Thank you very much for spending your family weekend with us. I was very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable, with friendly staff. I will special thank Jennifer for taking such good care of you. I was however disappointed to hear you didn't like our balconies, we are actually the only hotel in the area that offers an all suite with oceanfront balconies in every room. I do understand that our bathrooms are on the small size, but I hope you found yours nice and clean. As you probably noticed, we had a pretty bad lightening storm during your stay and it created some challenges for us. That was the reason for our hot water and a/c issues. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again so you can fully enjoy your time with us. Please contact me directly.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Not impressed. House keeper Jennifer saved this from a terrible experience. First night cards for door stopped working walked back to front desk re did cards got all the way back to room, cards still didn't work. Maintenance had to take back of door off to fix. Hmmm... second night no hot water... called never responded. Then a wedding occurred on the only walk way hotel had to beach so how was the guest going to get to your beach. Pass this one up peps.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear johnpirkl,

We appreciate your loyalty to us and your flexibility as we undergo some necessary repairs caused by Thursday's storm. I can understand how frustrating this experience must have been for you and I appreciate you being so patience with us. I can happily inform you that all the issues caused by the lighting storm have been corrected and our hotel is back to normal. I hope you get the chance to visit us again, please contact me directly, I will ensure your visit is a memorable one.
Hospitably,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The design of this hotel is genius--every suite has a balcony overlooking the beach. The suites are comfortable, the pool/hot tub area is family-friendly, and the beach is beautiful--not over populated or over-built with high rises and businesses. It is peaceful and quiet. There are nearby restaurants and downtown Melbourne is a five minute drive away and has great restaurants and shops. (Check out The Mansion for great food and a lengthy list of craft beers and ales.) The staff at the hotel is friendly, helpful and accommodating. The only small negative is that we found the breakfast buffet over priced and underwhelming, and while we considered eating at the restaurant for dinner one night when it was raining, the prices seemed too high for the ambiance in the restaurant. But with a refrigerator and microwave in each suite, and lots of affordable restaurants nearby, that is a small issue. A good value overall and a great location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MiamiNative755

Dear MiamiNative755,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about our hotel. I was excited to hear you enjoyed the design of our hotel and that you got the opportunity to experience all the surrounding areas Melbourne has to offer. Please let me know if your travels brings you back to this area, I would like to treat you with breakfast.
Thank you!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very pretty hotel and excellent service! Loved having the 2 separate rooms with pull out sofa bed for our 2 teenage kids! We loved staying right there by the ocean! The room had a great view!!! Eveyone was very helpful everytime we had a problem with the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Connie Z
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Connie Z,

Thank you for your great 5-star review! We are so pleased to hear how you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff, our clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. We hope to welcome you back soon when business or pleasure returns you to Melbourne Beach.
At your service,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel staff provided excellent customer service and are very friendly! The facilities were well maintained, clean and up to date. Our stay at this hotel exceeded our expectations! We will be sure to visit again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 436sherriev
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear 436Sheriev,

I was so happy to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us! Service excellence is something we strive for day in and day out. We hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.
Carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I enjoyed my three days at the Doubletree Suites on Melbourne Beach. I paid extra to get an upper floor with a view of the ocean. Well worth the money. The room is huge, with a separate sitting room and bedroom. The balcony was nice. I had a tasty salmon sandwich at the pool bar and a delicious happy hour margarita. Overall the price was good compared to Cocoa Beach. Melbourne Beach isn't where tourists first think of when they travel to the beach. I think it's a great weekend getaway for those of us who live in Orlando. I hope to be back.

Room Tip: Upper floor with ocean view.