DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“weekend retreat”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Spent the last weekend sitting on the balcony watching pelicans dive for fish that were schooling in the area. Very peaceful glassy ocean just before the surf churned up because of Arthur off shore later this week.
The hotel had a bad lightning storm the night before we arrived and this played havoc on some of the hotels electrical a/c and kitchen equipment. So there were a few problems to contend with but nothing major. The staff were doing their best with the maintenance people to minimize the problems and there were guests that were not even aware of the problems the staff were contending with. When the a/c went out they had it repaired within 30 minutes. The units trying to keep the hot water going was overburdened , but a luke warm showers after a hot day at the beach is better than a cold shower. But we still had a great time. Also at check out the hotel made an adjustment to the bill to compensate for our inconvenience which was nice. It goes to show that they run a great hotel here and they keep the guest in mind. Will be back soon.

Room Tip: If you do not have small children go for the higher floors for the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom R
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Tom R,

If we could post a review about our guests, we would say you are wonderful, caring, and understanding. We appreciate you noticing the efforts of our team trying to minimize the issues brought to us by the storm. We know your stay was not perfect, but I am glad to hear that you still enjoyed your time with us. I am confident that your next visit will not be affected by hot water or a/c issues. Please contact me directly, I would like to make these arrangements for you.
At your service,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A 3 night, 4 day experiance with an air conditioner that would not keep the room cool. Had to sleep on another family members couch bed because the hotel did not or could not fix the problem. No real compensation offered, staff just added bandaids to the problem.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Robert G,

On behalf of our entire team, please accept my apology for your less than perfect stay with us. I am so sorry we experienced power outages and I can understand how they affected your stay. I can happily inform you that all the issues created by the storm have been corrected. Our beautiful hotel is back to normal and we hope we get a second chance to accommodate you again. I would like to make things right for you, please contact me directly at your convenience.
saint petersburg, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel staff very nice. Questions answered to satisfaction and requests were taken are of quickly. Room was very clean and the houekeeper very nice. We got a late check out with no issues and they were quite happy to accomodate the request. The breakfast buffet package was very good and very worth the money. The down side was the a/c was very loud. Took awhile to cool the room and we kept the window blinds closed as well as the curtains the whole time. The hot water was non existent- had cold showers the whole time. At first I thought it was the time of day we took it however, my kids and husband had the same issue at different times. I would stay here again but I would also see other compariables around as well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Angela G,

Let me start by thanking you for staying with us and for pointing out all the positive things you experienced during your stay. I was happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean and filled with helpful and friendly staff members. I want you to know that the a/c and hot water issues were created by one single incident; our property got hit by lightening during Thursday storm. I assure you that everything has been corrected now and we are back to normal. I hope this isolated incident does not prevent you from staying with us again. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights after a cruise and it was so relaxing. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The view from the balcony was gorgeous. The hotel offers direct access to the beach which wasn't crowded at all. The pool area was very clean and had an excellent place to order lunch/drinks from without having to clean up. My family will definitely be coming back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa K
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Teresa K,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so pleased to hear how you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff, our clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Service excellence is something we strive for day in and day out. We appreciate your recommendation to others travelers and please come back and see us again!
At your service,
Lake Orion
Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's tough to write anything disparaging about this hotel. Because the staff was SO nice!! But the Hotel is in serious need of an update. The general areas were clean enough but there was no bar area and I couldn't see my feet in the pool! A lot of foreign visitors. Rooms are Seriously outdated!

Room Tip: There were four seats in area by the pool that they called "Rio's" It was disappointin...
1 Thank VACARICK
Dear VACARICK,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is a great feeling to read comments like yours regarding the service and cleanliness of our team. I will share your comments with them, I also want to share some good news with you; we are about to enter an extensive renovation cycle for our public spaces such as the pool deck and our pool bar. We are also doing some upgrades to our rooms. I hope you get to see the difference during your next visit to this area. Thank you for your business.
Genova
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrived the day after a storm ruined the grill and grill ventilation system hence a very limited menu. Was advised upon arrival about this however only cold water in the shower was not mentioned. The gym was hot and uncomfortable, both treadmills needs care and repair. The bartender was nice and personable however the bar is just a hole in the wall. Expect more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear SoloGenova,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very important to us, especially since you have reviewed so many properties. Unfortunately you came to us during a very difficult weekend, the storm really affected some of our equipment and created some unfamiliar challenges for us. I was happy to hear our team informed you of what was going on, and I am hoping we made you feel as comfortable as we could. Please note that our hotel is back to normal and we hope you get the chance to stay with us again. Both treadmills were fixed, and we are actually expanding our pool deck and bar area before the end of the year. On behalf of our entire team, I sincerely apologize for any disappointment this stay has caused you.
Regards,
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here with our children for the weekend. I must say they the hotel is extremely clean and the employees are very nice and friendly. Once we got to our room I was a bit let down. It is very small. We upgraded to a side room but I was disappointed that the balcony did not wrap around. The balcony was so narrow there was not even a small table out side. The bathroom was my least favorite. It is just a bit wider than a bathroom stall so the shower could be put in. We had a few issues also. The lock on our door wouldn't let us in and then we had no hot water. The lock was quickly fixed but we had to find out ourselves that the hot water was on since no one callled our room (we never even left our room because we needed to take showers to go to dinner). Our housekeeper Jennifer was awesome! She went above and beyond. I think this is a great hotel for a couple or maybe 3 people but not a family.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear kgrant80,

Thank you very much for spending your family weekend with us. I was very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable, with friendly staff. I will special thank Jennifer for taking such good care of you. I was however disappointed to hear you didn't like our balconies, we are actually the only hotel in the area that offers an all suite with oceanfront balconies in every room. I do understand that our bathrooms are on the small size, but I hope you found yours nice and clean. As you probably noticed, we had a pretty bad lightening storm during your stay and it created some challenges for us. That was the reason for our hot water and a/c issues. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again so you can fully enjoy your time with us. Please contact me directly.
Best wishes,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront