DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Honestly - We will never stay at this hotel again. I suppose it all started with my phone call to the hotel 3 days before my arrival. Marria (not sure on the spelling) was very rude and put me on hold 3 times before I could request a corner suite on a higher floor. Fortunately, they were able to accommodate us on a higher floor but in a room (which is one of three at the hotel) with a plumbing problem that cannot be fixed. It was suggested to us to place a towel and pull the stopper in the sink every night. This did help to muffle the gurgling noise of the sink at 2:30 a.m. There was mildew around the sink. The shower had mildew and hair from the previous guest upon arrival. The mini refrigerator didn't work well. The furniture was all scratched up and dated. There was no bath tub. You have to shut the bathroom door before sitting on the toilet since there is not enough room to close the door after sitting. You have to sit sideways on the balcony since there is not enough room to sit facing the beach. The only staff members I found to be helpful and friendly were the workers (maids, maintenance guys and pool attendant). I don't feel like this hotel is Hilton quality. It is a quick redo of an old and dated Best Western. There are a couple of positive things to say about this hotel though. It is located on the beach, the breakfast is really good, the pool is bigger than the pictures.

Room Tip: Don't call ahead with request and try to get a corner suites or stay somewhere else on the beach...
2  Thank RGors
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear RGors,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported through your survey. I want you to know that I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I can assure you that these incidents are isolated ones, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion. I welcome the opportunity to make things right for you, I would appreciate if you contact me directly at your convenience. In the meantime, please accept my sincere apology.
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Nice sized rooms, private balconies ocean view, quiet, short walk to the beach, convenient tiki bar. Burgers are decent out on the pool deck, or breakfast buffet. Clean, affordable, a few nearby restaurants like dos amigos are worth a try as well.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank alienjns407
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear TA Member,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your business and loyalty to our Hilton brand. Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great location on the beach. Private balconies offer spectacular views of the ocean! The hotel staff are wonderful, especially our server Joe & the Chef in the restaurant. You receive warm chocolate chip cookies upon check-in, which sets your stay off to a wonderful start! The rooms are a bit outdated, but very clean & the beds are very comfortable. The bathroom needs the most updating as there is rust around the door jams. The pool is a great amenity and provides a nice break from the ocean. Overall, a great stay and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank DM_View

Dear DM_view,

Thank you for visiting all the way form NY! I was excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our breathtaking views. I also would like to thank you for recognizing Chef Mike and Joey, they are going to be so happy to hear that you remembered them during your review. Please note that we are working on updating our bathrooms in the near future. Our team can't wait to see you again, we'll have a warm cookie waiting for you.
Thank you!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

It might not be a five star hotel, but who cares, it was on the beach! The suites were bigger than expected, and the people working there were friendly and accommodated beyond expectation — service was excellent! Most of the ice machines didn't work, but I was told that they are replacing them (so minor to us).

2  Thank Anthony F
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Anthony F,

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We are so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Service excellence is something we strive for day in and day out. Our team informed you correctly; we are in the process of replacing all our ice machines, I hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Attended family reunion and the accommodations were really good...all rooms face the ocean and are suites. Had breakfast the first morning expecting it to be mediocre and it was exceptionally good...ate in the restaurant numerous times and always good, including room service food...arrived hot !

3  Thank Linda R

Dear Linda R,

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your family reunion! That is very special to us considering we all think of our guests as part of our family as well. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the quality of our breakfast and rooms service. Our staff will be thrilled to hear your comments. Thank you for your business and loyalty, we hope to see you back soon! Contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was very nice, very spacious, and clean. The service was excellent. Free coffee in the morning, a nice size room refrigerator, free towels for the beach and pool, and best of all with the sliding glass door to the balcony open, we could sleep to the ocean sounds. The ocean is just a stone's throw from the hotel. The walks on the beach at night were beautiful and we saw about 5 sea turtles coming up on the beach to lay eggs. The ocean was great for swimming and the grandchildren loved renting a surfboard from the beach vendor and surfing. The rented kayak was also lots of fun. Pool was nice and it is a great place for families. Also, it is only about an hour to the Orlando airport and Disney.

Room Tip: We stayed on the south side 5th floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Barbara H
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Barbara H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was excited to hear that you were able to see our turtles hatch on our beach, it is truly a memorable experience! It was a great idea to open your sliding door and listen to the waves while you are sleeping, most of our guests enjoy doing this as well. I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.
At your service,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have significant experience with the Double Tree brand, and this held up very well. Staff was friendly, Room was clean and great view. I am a HHonors member but feel everyone received quality service. The rate of $109 was a great buy for Ocean view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James S

Dear James S,

Thank you for your continuous loyalty to our Hilton brand. We truly appreciate your business. I was happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and filled with helpful, friendly team members. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, we hope to get the chance to do it again in the near future. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance to you.
Respectfully,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront