DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, United States
“Clean Lobby”
Reviewed 4 September 2014

The main building was very clean and quiet. The room I was in felt a little dated and stuffy. Everything was clean and well maintained. The view from the rooms is great and you have direct access to the beach.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Curtis B
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Curtis B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and in the perfect location. Please note that we are in the process of updating our rooms and public spaces. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
carlos.cerda@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Do not listen to any negative reviews on this place. I was just there over the Labor Day weekend and it was awesome. Beautiful room (#809). Gorgeous view of the ocean. Nice pool and very exceptionally clean. We will for sure return.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nurse Runs
Dear NurseRuns,

We sincerely appreciate your business and the time you took to review our hotel. If we could post a review about our guests, we would say how wonderful you are. Thank you so very much for sharing your kind comments regarding our beautiful hotels and our dedicated team members. Please feel free to make any additional comments or suggestions about our hotel, and please contact me if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Best wishes,
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is a great place to stay. The suite was comfortable and the sofa bed in the living room allows privacy for 2 additional persons (not needed for us since this was an anniversary celebration). The ocean view from the room was gorgeous. The staff was outstanding (from front desk to the maintenance personnel); everyone was super friendly and the work with us due a small air conditioning issue. The pool bar service was a bit slow but after all we were in the pool waiting having fun waiting for the food to be delivered. I will be visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carltosway
Dear Carlos1215,

Happy Anniversary!!! Thank you for allowing us to be part of this special day, I was thrilled to hear you had a fantastic time with us and hopefully we get to see you again in the future. I will make sure I recognize the efforts of all team members who made sure your stay was a memorable one. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of further assistance to you.
Congratulations!
Florida
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Nice updated lodging. Friendly and helpful staff. Minor issue at check-in was corrected really fast. All rooms are ocean front with a balcony overlooking the ocean, a breezeway on the parking side of the hotel gets you to your room. You will want to be on the 3rd floor or higher for great ocean views. Nice pool & hot tub with pool side bar & food. Parking is limited when fully booked. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet & Noon checkout time. Located close to dining & shopping. The beach is nice with this being one of a few oceanfront hotels in this strip. Elevators are some of the fastest I have been on. You should enjoy your stay here. Oh ya... Thank You for the mini birthday cake... It was awesome.

Room Tip: Get to the 3rd floor or higher for ocean views lowers floors have a blocked view from the sea grapes...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MyFloridaLife11
Dear MyFloridaLife11,

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to wish you a happy birthday! Thank you for spending this special day with us. We all hope to get to see you again next year. Please contact me directly if I can ever do anything for you.
Best wishes,
Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Been traveling to the Melbourne area on business for years, and always try to stay beachside, because quite frankly Florida living is based on the ocean, and if you can't stay there you might as well not be in Florida. The Double Tree staff are always extremely friendly, and not just the front desk either, but the entire staff, no matter where you run into them on the grounds are engaging and cordial. The rooms are always clean and tidy, the beds are comfortable and inviting. The pool and beach areas are, like the rest of the establishment, well maintained and inviting. The struggle to keep up on the maintainence of the metal work in the salt area must be a constant battle, and one which they manage to stay ahead of but just barely. The only real negative in some people's opinion may be the extrerior doors (my wife is among the many folks who believe internal corridors are safer), but the Hotel deals with the situation extremely well and with the exception of the ground floor you can not access any of the hotel room doors without passing the front desk or using a room key card, so the security is there, and the Melbourne Beach area is quite bit less subject to crime than the more touristed areas near Cocoa Beach. Oh, did I forget to mention the over sized warm chocolate chip cookies everyone gets when they check in :) Yum.

Room Tip: All room have a beach view, unlike other area Hotels, but higher up is the better views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Blue-Eyes-Fam
Dear Blue-Eyes-Fam,

Thank you for your patronage over the years. It is always great to hear from a senior contributor and it made extra special to hear that you found our staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. A comfortable night sleep is indeed a benchmark for any great hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed ours. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of further assistance to you. I will make sure we'll have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!
Hospitably,
Kissimmee, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Staff was extremely nice and helpful, grounds were clean and updated, scenery was beautiful. The only negative was moldy grout in bathroom, window was cracked and broken and outside stairwell stair risers and steps were rusted and flaking (falling hazard).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Thomas M
Carlos C, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Thomas M,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your last visit to Melbourne Beach. I am thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be extremely friendly and willing to help at any time. We are aware of some of the challenges we have with some of our common areas. We are in the process of renovating all of them. I hope you get to see the improvements during your next visit. In the meantime, please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
Regards,
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I visited this hotel for 2 nights last week. Check in was a breeze. Loved laying out by the pool and the beach. Rooms were clean, comfortable. Can't beat that oceanfront view. Nice and quiet. only thing i was annoyed with is how they due the beach chairs. I understand they should have a cost, but the day we arrived we were on the beach at 430, and were charged a full day's price, when the beach attendant acted like she was giving us a big deal. also, it felt that we were being watched and hurried out of our beach chairs by the beach attendent so she could clean up. also, prices for drinks at the restaurant by the pool are a little steep. Our bill was nearly $50 for 4 drinks during happy hour.

I think with everything considered, I'd try another hotel in the area if I returned to have something to compare too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie E
Dear Katie E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our team will appreciate all the kind comments regarding our location and service. I am very sorry if the experience you had with the third party beach rentals prevented you for giving us a better rating. I will share your feedback with them so they can also improve their service. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Respectfully,
carlos.cerda@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront