Live in the Orlando area and wanted a quick beach stay. Got this room off of hotwire for great deal. I have never stayed at a Doubletree before. In the last 3 months i have traveled a lot for work and always stayed at Mariotts, Hilton, or Crowne Plaza so I went into this hotel used to having a great experience.
Well I can say this place was better than any I've stayed at recently! The staff were great, getting the cookies at check in where just what my kids needed at the time and it was it took to make them declare this was the best hotel ever!
Speaking of check in, they let us check in 2 hrs early! So we checked in and headed straight to the pool. The pool was great, nice and large! It also had the one thing that I personally think makes or breaks a FL pool....all day long so part of the pool is shaded! The hot tub was nothing to write home about but who cares, it was 100 degrees out! But the water in the pool was PERFECT! The beach access was easy too. We didn't spend too much time at the beach since we go all most every weekend and my kids just wanted to swim in different pool than our own.
The rooms where big and clean! The bed was better than any that I've slept in this year, beating out 4 and 5 star hotels all over FL!
Here are my 3 complaints (not really even complaints)
1.) the elevator takes you up but you have to walk outside too get to your room. I think all the hotels in the area are like this though. Didn't bother my husband or kids, just me cause Im kinda spoiled.
2) the bath rooms where tiny, could barely shut the door and no bathtub. not really an issue, and like I said the rest of the room was LARGE.
3) the room had a microwave and it was down low in the part of the room that the sleeper sofa was in. Of course my 2 and 5 yr old wanted to try to microwave everything. So we had to really watch them.
Did I mention that the rooms are kind of devided, the first half has a small table, sofa, fridge, microwave and tv then the sink....all very spacious. Then the 2nd half of the room which for us had a king size bed and tv, there is a pocket door that you can use to seperate the rooms if you want to, We didn't...see microwave comment above.
Overall we loved the place and are planning to spend another night there weekend after next!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront boasts a resort-style setting overlooking white sand of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Melbourne Beach hotel is conveniently located near Cocoa Beach and Space Coast attractions, with nearby family attractions such as Disney World and other Orlando theme parks for day trips. Our all-suite Melbourne, FL hotel is only 10 minutes from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), or an hour east of Orlando International (MCO). The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront features direct oceanfront suites, perfect for business or leisure visitors alike. Guests can enjoy magnificent views from private balconies, and a range of must-have amenities including luxurious beds and bath amenities, and access to our 24-Hour Fitness Center and Business Center. Whether you are traveling on business, planning a family vacation, or having a romantic weekend getaway, our friendly, professional staff looks forward to welcoming you to Florida's Space Coast with our special, warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We hope you choose the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Doubletree Hotel Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Florida