Super 8 Melbourne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hampton.com
US$150
US$132
Hilton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$221
US$202
CrownePlaza.com
  • Beachfront
US$126
US$114
HolidayInn.com
Days Inn Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$186
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

The stay was bad. As soon as I got off from the car, the whole area had a bad smell of fish. Beside the hotel, they had an aquarium and it smelt bad. Front desk service was ok but again the hotel smelt different and worst. It had the same smell all over the corridors and even in the room. Room was ok, small, and the next day when I woke up, I had bite marks all over my back...I guess due to some bug.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Nishz A
MINESH P, General Manager at Super 8 Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

I thank you very much for your review. Customer satisfaction is my primary objective, and your comments provides us with valuable feedback. Please be assured that each of your comments will be porperly addressed to improve the quality of service we provide at my hotel. I personally have inspected the audit trail of your booking, and failed to notice any additional charges applied to your stay. Your reservation was received from our internet system, you had booked a smoking room with a king bed, and you were charged the exact same rate! If you still have a question regarding your charges please contact me directly via email: super8melb@live.com and I can provide you with further detailed information.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We booked a non smoking room through Travelocity and paid in advance. When we checked in we were given a smoking room, but the man said it was non smoking. The smell of smoke was awful in the hallway, but the room didn't appear bad until after being in it for an hour or so. I started having breathing problems, sore throat, eyes stinging, etc. My husband called the front desk and the desk cleark at first said it was because of the hallway, but my husband said the door has been closed for an hour. He came and checked the room, which he said did not smell like smoke at all, but he did end up finding us a new room--not a queen, but 2 doubles, but I would rather sacrifice the bed for the smoke free. We have stayed at this hotel every October for 1 night for the last 3 years. This is the first time we did not book with the hotel directly. Next year we will stay here again, but will ask for a room on the 2nd floor on the left side--all of these rooms were non smoking. The hotel itself is old, but was clean and in ok shape--this is not a 4 star place, but it is reasonably priced, clean and they cared about our problem and made it right. It is in a nice location right off of 192, easy to get over to the water (5 minute ride) and close to the meeting place we needed to go to.

Room Tip: If you want non smoking, make sure you ask for a room in the designated non smoking area, they have non smoking rooms in a smoking section, but they smell like smoke.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Holly K

We thank you very much for your comments, and I am personally glad to have been of help. Your input provides us a great inspiration and direction to further better our property and service.

It was a pleasure to have hoted you and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Melbourne.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Recently my wife and I were in Florida on some personal business. We had to be there ten days, thus we looked for an affordable place not too far from the beaches. We found this economy hotel online. Although there were a few negative reviews, we booked it anyway. We were pleasantly surprised during our stay. The hotel is under new management and it seems to be improved. The rooms were adequate and clean. Cleanliness is very important for us. The towels looked new. The furniture apparently came from a higher class hotel. The breakfast was minimal but reasonable, especially considering the cost of the room. We were offered a non-smoking king bed for the price of a queen. Rooms on the second floor, where ours was, are larger than on the ground floor. We might not stay there again ourselves, since we are unlikely to get to Melbourne again in the near future, but we can heartily recommend it for anyone who is looking for a reasonable cost hotel in that area. We were there during the off season. The prices are higher during the high season, of course, as are all hotels in Florida. The main attraction for us was that it was only three miles from the nearest beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brokenwing5
MINESH P, General Manager at Super 8 Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

It was a great pleasure to have you as a guest. We are glad to learn that you liked our hospitality and be assured that we will continue to build upon your recommendation. Thank you very much for posting your review.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was a little uneasy at a call that I received to my room by the new manager reiterating OVER & OVER that I was in a non smoking room. I advised him NUMEROUS times that I was not a smoker and that I was WELL AWARE that the room was NS and thats why I requested a NS room. Besides that I love the location and staff at this property :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you, Thank you, Thankyou, for your continued confidence in us :-), I am glad to have been offered your continued patronage.