Hampton Inn Melbourne
US$166
Hilton.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
US$115
US$112
HolidayInn.com
Days Inn Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$68
US$164
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$211
Cancelon
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfront deskcomfy bedin great shapeworked finecomplimentary breakfastexcellent staycomfortable stayclean hotelfresh fruitthe staff was friendly and helpfulcookiesdefinitely stay here againbusiness tripa great place to staydikeinterstateinns
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel to attend a family wedding at Patrick Air Force Base. Only there for 2 nights. Hotel was convenient for getting on and off I95 to attend events and visit family. Clean, great beds, great breakfast, friendly staff. Would recommend. Movie theater and restaurants nearby. Nice hotel in this brand.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to Kennedy Space Center. The hotel is located just off I-95 (and gas in this area is cheap). The hotel was very clean and well kept. The staff was very courteous. There isn't much else to do in this area, but it's 40 miles proximity to Kennedy Space Center makes it cheap, yet close enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Overall our stay was great, however, this was probably the worst breakfast I have ever had at a Hampton Inn. The eggs were fake and cold, the sausage was cold, the waffle maker did not work on our first morning, and only 1/2 of the toaster worked, so the number of people waiting for toast was always long.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike35704
Reviewed 6 August 2013

good place to rest. would use agian if i'm in the area. the only problem i had was that they only had a half a roll of toilet paper in the bath room. witch i did not relize untill 2am when i was useing the the bath room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My Wife and I had a two-night stay on June 21,21, 2013. This Hampton Inn strays far from the level of quality that I have come to expect from Hampton Inn and Suites.

The weather was quite hot and muggy during our stay, and one would hope for relief upon entering the hotel, but this Hampton does not provide climate control in the hallways or elevators! One could only rush to their room for relief.

The elevators smelled badly due to the accumulation of body odors, resulting from the heat and lack of A/C.

Then came breakfast (or lack there of). Perhaps I've been spoiled at other locations with freshly scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruits,etc.
But at West Melbourne, they served up some really nasty-looking, pre-formed/frozen, omelettes. They were much worse than anything I've ever seen at McD's!

No breakfast meats, no biscuits and gravy...Breakfast was Bad! This for me is very important as I love my Breakfast.

In summary, the Hotel and Rooms were clean, the beds comfortable. So the reason for the 1-star rating is that it would take so little for this Hotel to garner a 5-Star review, but owners/management are obviously trying to cut corners.

Room Tip: Try another Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald C
MLBDK, General Manager at Hampton Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I appreciate that you took the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We do read the responses and note any areas that need improvement.

I apologize for the warm halls. The hotel was constructed with the air conditioning vents located in the center of the halls. During the summer months, the ends of the halls do get rather warm. There are no controls to adjust the temperature.

In regards to breakfast, we must adhere to the Hampton Brand Standards and only serve products on their approved list. We are required to serve an egg product with either a meat or carbohydrate. We have an 8-day rotating menu in which we serve an egg item (cheese omelet, western omelet, or scrambled eggs) with a meat (turkey bacon, pork sausage patties, turkey links, or maple links), or a carbohydrate (home fries, bagel toppers, French toast, or sausage gravy and biscuits).

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Melbourne.