“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Danville, Illinois
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

Although some areas of this hotel are a bit worn, the staff and cleanliness more than made up for that. My room was a great corner room - a King Whirlpool Suite that was incredibly spacious.

Dena, the front desk clerk who checked me in was very friendly. She asked if I had plans for dinner and took the time to recommend some places in downtown Melbourne, pulling out a map and showing me where to go, park, etc. She was also helpful in securing the same room for me when I needed to stay an extra night past my reservation at the last minute.

Overalll, this location and staff made it a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

Clean room and bathroom. Convenient to highway and downtown. Typical b'fast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Melbourne as part of our drive through Florida and the deep south of the USA. We regularly stayed at Hampton Inn properties and were disappointed with the quality of this property. It was not up to the usual standard we experienced on our journey.

The rooms were smallish, we had to plead with the front desk for an check-in even though the hotel seemed very empty, the elavator appeared unreliable, there was less choice at from the buffet at breakfast, the people working on the front desk were unfriendly and generally unhelpful regarding advice on shopping and other things to do in the area and the hotel was located quite a reasonable distance from downtown Melbourne so is best only reached by car. In fact, it iso only walking distance to a chain of fast food outlets and not much else.

Would definitely recommend trying other options as much better value hotels are more centrally located.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roaming12
Vero Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2008

Quick Overview: Exceptionally clean, very comfortable, great amenities, wonderful service.

My husband and I made last-minute plans to view the launch of STS-126, the very last night-time space shuttle launch from the Astronaut Hall of Fame in Titusville, FL. We live in Vero Beach and could have driven home the same night as the launch, but we knew we would be exhausted from a long day of work and the anticipation and adrenaline rush of the launch. We also decided we wanted to tour Kennedy Space Center the following day. So we decided to look for a place to stay close to KSC.

Most nearby hotels and motels were already booked. We did find one opening on Cocoa Beach, but it was pricey, had less than stellar reviews, and did not have a jacuzzi room available. We live in an apartment with only a walk-in shower, so whenever we can, we try to splurge when staying in a motel/hotel and go for a room with a whirlpool tub. I came across the Hampton Inn in Melbourne, read its wonderful reviews, saw its excellent price (only $106 for the jacuzzi room) and we decided that the 44 mile drive from AHOF wouldn't be too bad.

Following the spectacular launch, we hung around the AHOF complex for about 45 minutes to let the traffic die down. We then drove straight down US 1 (with amazingly light to no traffic) to Hwy 192 and arrived at our hotel with 40 minutes.

It was after 10 pm when we arrived. We were greeted by a very courteous and friendly desk attendant. She even told us right where we could park to see our car from our room (we didn't ask this, but it was a wonderful suggestion)! Our room was perfect and very spacious. The bedroom had those wonderful, white, clean, signature Hampton Inn linens that don't make you cringe when you sit on the bed spread. I tremendously enjoyed my long soak in the jacuzzi while watching a movie on the TV in the bathroom (although the jets would not work). In the room, we also enjoyed the other amenities: a flat screen TV, free wireless internet service (my Verizon wireless card also worked like a charm), a nice-sized fridge and small microwave (which we used to chill a bottle of wine and fix some late-night snacks we had brought along).

The morning continental breakfast was much better than the usual fare. I built my own sausage and egg biscuit; my husband had fresh fruit (pineapple, cantaloupe, and strawberries), a banana, cereal, and a biscuit of his own. The coffee was excellent, and there was also plenty of juice and milk.

We stayed right up until checkout at 11 am. Total cost with taxes was around $116. What a deal! We definitely left relaxed, refreshed, and ready for a full day of exploring at Kennedy Space Center!

• Liked — Great service, cleanliness, jacuzzi tub in room.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank cjzydeco
South china, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2008

This hotel has a very friendly front desk staff. Rooms were immaculate. I booked my stay on line and through conversation the front desk realized I was staying in Melbourne for my daughter's college orientation. They promptly gave me their discounted rate which was much appreciated! We will be staying here for all of our college visits in the coming years.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Flowery Branch, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2008

Friendly staff, fresh baked cookies, good breakfast, well appointed room with awesome linens and a new flat screen tv. The only thing I would change is that they should get higher quality bath towels, the ones they had didn't match up with the quality of the other linens.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — bath linens
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2008

I stayed at the Hampton in Melbourne for 2 weeks while on business in May 2008. The Hotel exceeded my expectation in friendly, professional service, cleanliness, excellent pool facilitiy, and quiet. I would especially recommend it to families since it is tucked away from the main roads. The breakfast buffet was very nice as were the fresh cookies in the evening. I am so happy I selected the Hampton and would readily do so again the next time I come to Melbourne.

• Liked — Quiet and comfortable
  • Disliked — There was nothing I did not like
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business