“Awesome Hotel”

Extended Stay America - Melbourne - Airport
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 13 February 2008

2/14/08...Am a female veteran, traveling alone...look for hotels that make feel secure and comfortable....this one was super...
staff was friendly, informative....
....the mini-kitchen allowed me to
cook healthy meals....super clean room...has pool and barbeque
area....pet friendly hotel....I could even open a window to let
fresh air inside; a plus for me at least.... hotel rates were reasonable.....will recommend this hotel to fellow American Legion and VFW persons traveling in this area.......

• Stayed: February 2008

Reviewed 12 September 2007

This hotel is great. It is the largest extended stay (for the price) that I have ever seen. There is a separate kitchen (not just a side of a hallyway like in other hotels). The living area has a couch, lounger, coffee table, end table, TV and TV stand. The bed was pretty comfortable. The bathrooms have plenty of space. The closet is roomy (although a few extra hangers would have been nice). The location is great (steps outside the mall and within minutes of restaurants/shops/airport/hospitals). The beach is only 10 minutes away. The staff was always nice everytime I spoke with them. The pool is clean but pretty small so don't expect to get exercise there. My husband used the eliptical machine in the gym a few times a week and was always happy. There was only one negative thing that happened during our six week stay. Three times in a two day period the fire alarm went off for no reason. It got kind of annoying to climb under the bed to drag my cat out so we could evacuate. They fixed the problem and we haven't had problems since.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Lisadb2000
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Our stay started out like this: we had been told by the desk clerk at the time of booking that there would be a free shuttle waiting to take us to the hotel from the Melbourne airport. After travelling for 12 hours, we arrive late at night expecting to see our transportation to the hotel. Nothing. Phoned the hotel from the airport only to be told that there is no free shuttle...we had been misinformed. So we find our own way to the hotel. Upon arrival, we found a nice clean newly reno'd room (the only highlight). This property is meant for longer term stays so has a kitchen. It would be helpful if the kitchen was equipped!! After buying our groceries, we returned to the hotel to find that there isn't a kettle, only one pot, one pan, nothing to clean dishes with, and 4 forks (1 for each of us!). We promptly found out that the oven isn't reliable, the toaster didn't work, the coffee machine was teeny tiny (plus you had to go out and buy filters). The next day we decided to take advantage of the BBQ by the pool. The igniter button was broken. The front desk didn't know about it and sent us off to the 7-11 to get matches. We finally got the BBQ going and stuck our burgers on the grill...two minutes into cooking, the BBQ shuts off as it's run out of propane. Go back to the front desk and apparently there isn't a replacement tank available! The cleaners only came in once during a 9 day stay. Hotel obviously needs more staffing and more attention to the details. Oh, and there were only about 8 TV channels that were really pathetic. Try another hotel!

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Since the hotel was advertised as "pet friendly" I contacted the hotel directly and informed them that I would be bringing two dogs. The clerk informed that that would be fine however they would need to charge and additional $25 per night for the dogs($75 total for our
three night stay). When I arrived (with my dogs) the clerk informed me that it is company policy not to allow more than one dog, however since I was missinformed they could stay this time but I would need to pay $75 for each dog. Management was compleatly unflexable even though they admitted that the reservationist was new and probably mis-stated the policy. And she explianed that if I didn't like it I could go elsewhere (there could not have been more that 10 rooms rented our entire stay-I guess I know why!). Since my wife was going to meet me I felt trapped into paying the $150 for my pets and stayed.

The following morning we went to the lobby for our "continental breakfast" and were informed that they only have breakfast Monday-Friday on top of this there was no maid service for our entire stay
........I wonder what makes this hotel Deluxe?

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Floridabrowser
Reviewed 25 May 2007

I loved this hotel and it’s a good for the price. It's staffed with very nice people, the room was great, it was clean and has the features of an apartment (frig, microwave, oven, sink, etc).

I was on the first floor in the front and it was very quite. Free parking available right in front (one night I saw an armadillo walking across the parking lot, then a huge possum), but it’s Florida, so I wasn’t surprise..

The hotel is within walking distance to a shopping mall and restaurants.

The hotel is great for a week stay in Florida with the family...

I would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: July 2003, travelled with family
1  Thank Millenia
Reviewed 23 February 2007

We just returned from staying at Extended Stay Studio in Melbourne, FL. It was everything it was advertised to be and more! The room looked like it was recently renovated and everything in it appeared to be new or hardly used. We were 100% satisfied with it's facilities. I would have liked to have more hangers in the closet and possibly more utensils in the kitchen. When we checked in the girl seemed frazzled but competent. All the other front desks clerks were friendly and helpful for the following days of our stay. We will definitely stay there again. Couple from Nassau, Bahamas

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stopit
Reviewed 5 November 2006

my husband stayed at the studio plus at the same time as the above gentlman.
Yes, they did refurb the hotel. They had to. Being all of the hurricane evacs had to stay there for months.
the hotel was clean and brand new. The staff treated him like gold. He appreciated it being he was away from home for a month. Upon my arrival on the 5th week I couldn't believe how clean and up to date the hotel was.
Our only hopes is that it stays this way.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kimmarlin