“Property misled me”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Florida
“Property misled me”
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Since the hotel was advertised as "pet friendly" I contacted the hotel directly and informed them that I would be bringing two dogs. The clerk informed that that would be fine however they would need to charge and additional $25 per night for the dogs($75 total for our
three night stay). When I arrived (with my dogs) the clerk informed me that it is company policy not to allow more than one dog, however since I was missinformed they could stay this time but I would need to pay $75 for each dog. Management was compleatly unflexable even though they admitted that the reservationist was new and probably mis-stated the policy. And she explianed that if I didn't like it I could go elsewhere (there could not have been more that 10 rooms rented our entire stay-I guess I know why!). Since my wife was going to meet me I felt trapped into paying the $150 for my pets and stayed.

The following morning we went to the lobby for our "continental breakfast" and were informed that they only have breakfast Monday-Friday on top of this there was no maid service for our entire stay
........I wonder what makes this hotel Deluxe?

• Liked — the room was spacious, hotel very uncrowded
  • Disliked — staff was very rude and indifferent
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Floridabrowser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
Maryland
Reviewed 25 May 2007

I loved this hotel and it’s a good for the price. It's staffed with very nice people, the room was great, it was clean and has the features of an apartment (frig, microwave, oven, sink, etc).

I was on the first floor in the front and it was very quite. Free parking available right in front (one night I saw an armadillo walking across the parking lot, then a huge possum), but it’s Florida, so I wasn’t surprise..

The hotel is within walking distance to a shopping mall and restaurants.

The hotel is great for a week stay in Florida with the family...

I would definitely stay here again..

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — The fitness was closed...
  • Stayed July 2003, travelled with family
1 Thank Millenia
Bahamas
Reviewed 23 February 2007

We just returned from staying at Extended Stay Studio in Melbourne, FL. It was everything it was advertised to be and more! The room looked like it was recently renovated and everything in it appeared to be new or hardly used. We were 100% satisfied with it's facilities. I would have liked to have more hangers in the closet and possibly more utensils in the kitchen. When we checked in the girl seemed frazzled but competent. All the other front desks clerks were friendly and helpful for the following days of our stay. We will definitely stay there again. Couple from Nassau, Bahamas

• Liked — Having a kitchen and the location of the hotel.
  • Disliked — Not having maid service daily.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stopit
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2006

my husband stayed at the studio plus at the same time as the above gentlman.
Yes, they did refurb the hotel. They had to. Being all of the hurricane evacs had to stay there for months.
the hotel was clean and brand new. The staff treated him like gold. He appreciated it being he was away from home for a month. Upon my arrival on the 5th week I couldn't believe how clean and up to date the hotel was.
Our only hopes is that it stays this way.

• Liked — location for business
  • Disliked — it allows smoking and pets. could be a problem in time
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kimmarlin
Gulf Islands, British Columbia
Reviewed 19 March 2006

I had booked this hotel 5 months in advance, for a 3-night stay, so I thought our room would be ready. We had travelled across the country, I had business in Melbourne. I had my daughter and granddaughter with me. The front desk clerk was definitely untrained.. not a single smile, ever, and asked asst manager for help with nearly everything.. and the assistant manager was just plain rude. Long story short: check in is at 3 pm. We arrived at 2:45 and were told the room was being cleaned. No problem. 3:00, not ready. Still no problem. Desk clerk suggested we wait at the pool, which we did. 3:30, desk clerk says a new dvd player is being installed in the room. 4:00, still not ready. 4:20, we finally do the paperwork and head up to the room. I asked for a discount for the inconvenience, clerk gave me the AAA rate.... which I had booked to begin with, but for some reason didn't show up in their records. Opened the door, and the smell nearly knocked us backwards.... I went in and tried to open the window, which wouldn't open. It might have been a nice place to stay, if we didn't need to breathe. Went back to front desk. Clerk says room was just painted that morning. I said, we can't stay in that room, it's impossible to breathe! Desk clerk called the ass't manager, who informed us it was the only room available. I asked if they could help us find another room, as I had booked this so far in advance. Ass't mgr orders clerk to make some phone calls, and disappears. I suggested two nearby hotels; clerk dials the numbers and says "hello,do you have any rooms?" The answer was no both times, of course. I suggested she might receive a better response if she said who she was and why she was calling. She did this on the next 3 calls, and the third place had a room, but only for 2 nights. She hangs up the phone and says to me "'x' has a room for 2 nights, so you'd have to find something else for the third night." In frustration, I decided to call my business associate in Melbourne to ask if he could help, so I asked the clerk if I could use the lobby phone. Dial 9. The phone didn't work. So I used the front desk phone, called my associate, who by the time I got to his office had a list of hotels with available rooms for the 3-night stay. I'm glad I didn't stay at Studio Plus, because I lived to write this review. A thoroughly horrible experience. Maybe when their renovation is finished it will be an ok place to stay, but their staff is the worst I have ever encountered.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business