“What a Waste”

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Florida
“What a Waste”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I wanted a quick getaway with my love and it wasn't even worth it at the Budget Inn. I learned that we could not have visitors after 10p as their was a previous Prostitution Ring invasion at this place! Wow! The ice machine did not work meaning every time I wanted ice I had to walk to the front office for them to give me ice. No, I'm not walking to the very front at 1-2am by myself, a female. The rooms come with a mini fridge. No point if they don't cool until the following morning. Then, I was quoted a certain amout over the phone, was charged about $11 extra & then I when I find a cheaper price online upon check out to write this review, they will not honor their price online. I hate this place, will never come back, will never recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley B

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kragero, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Wow. Usually such a disgustingly dirty hotel would at least be cheap. On a drive with friends, we stopped at this hotel as it was the only available place we could find (first clue) during Spring Break. The walls were dirty, the bathtub was dirty, all around it was gross.

I gave it two stars solely because the woman at the front desk was very polite and professional. If I could have said anything nice about the place, I would have, but, sadly, I must report honestly.

There are many other hotels in the area. If my group hadn't been so exhausted, we would have looked around. As it was, we stayed in filth for as short a time as possible.

Might be okay for drunk college kids, but if you are sober, best to pay for a clean place.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room"--Ok, my tip is to check out another hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Heather B
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

The owner is extremely rude. There are no set rates and tries to charge like the nice hotels do. The place is wrought with insects, mold in the bathrooms, little to no housekeeping and absolutely no amenities. It's just filthy....stay away at all costs.

Room Tip: Stay away. This place turns into drug dealer central on weekends.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Satellite Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

stayed here but never again. Don't bother running out to travel coupon at Denny's. They don't honor them. Lock your doors as the housekeeping staff (all Indian who don't speak English) like to walk into your room at 9am although checkout isn't until 11am. Owner called police on one guest who checked out 7 minutes late and had hi arrested. Russian stained and dirty. Was supposed to have microwave and fridge. Only had the fridge that was set too cold and everything froze. Owner very unfriendly and uncaring. Very creepy owner. $62. Is not a budget price. Run don't walk far away from here.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank mattross2009
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night. Well we ended up here. We went to the office which smelled terrible!!! They wanted $60 a night plus $10 per pet. That was $80. The rooms were gross. The only ammenity was wi-fi which sucked. No pool, no nothing. Not even a vending machine. So needless to say. We left. Ran as fast as we could. There are definetly shady goings on there. And I don't know how it's a budget inn. $60/ night. With nothing. That's not my budget. And if you can do $60 then you can do $45 for Americas best inns & suites. They have a beautiful pool, gym, wi-fi and a lounge. Woo hoo. Bye bye smelly budget inn. Should be bulldozed.

• Stayed May 2012
St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I have stayed in this hotel several times while in town on business. It is quieter than other budget hotels nearby. The rooms are always very clean. And the micro fridge and microwave always work! Good value for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Artie1952_11
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

Where do I start? They only offered smoking rooms...cigarette butts on floor, holes in bedspead, stained sheets, flat pillows, coffeemaker broken, bathroom door didn't latch, some lights didn't work, gfci tripped everytime the bathroom light was turned on or off, maid was at the door before checkout asking for towels, wanted $10 for an hour later checkout, prostitutes in parking lot and rooms.

• Stayed April 2011